No announcement yet.

Lego FA thread 1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More from rendelnep. Beta, if Vondrack is fine with the piece, what do you say about my idea that you're a deranged nationalist?

Hmm, perhaps Beta would be better to use since I wasn't around during the early days of Vox (i.e. I joined just after Vox lost the war). Let me talk with Beta about it, but perhaps mentioning Beta as a radical, deranged nationalist longing for the old days would be okay.

Rhoth

Comment

• And from Vondrack. So we won't be propaganda pieces just yet. I did send a quick message back about my idea of Beta being the radical deranged nationalist though.

Hi, Jared!

Thanks for the heads-up. rendelnep posted the draft in our forum and I added my comments there. I would very much prefer keeping you out of our propaganda for the moment.

We will need a truckload of luck to survive this pile-up...

Take care,
      Radek

Comment

• Perhaps it can be a case of me stomping the pariamentary table asking for action and war, but cooler heads (ie Rhoth ) keeping Vox on the Path of neutraility. That would fit well with history and be completely believeable given everything I have written and been involved with during the the game.

In some respects, saying nothing might be worse, as may expect us to be in lego's back pocket.
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Wait a minute here. Since Beta is a deranged nationalist and we are twin brothers I get to play as well.

Something along the lines of the long lost twin brother raised by wolves whips Beta into a nationalistic frenzy whilst foaming at the mouth.

Then coller heads like Rhoth, Witt, SnoopDoggie, et al, prevail and promote nuetrality.
          *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Sorry con, I wasn't thinking about your 'brotherhood' when I wrote the piece in the main forum. If you want to write one of your own go ahead. Just remember that we want to make sure everyone knows we're not joining the war.

Comment

• Its done, no big deal
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Received from Vondrack

Hi, guys!

(Beta, don't worry about the prison... everything is just staged

I am doing massive planning for the coming turn (1255AD) - it will be crucial for setting up our defenses. In 1260AD, the GS hammer shall deal the blow. After going through several preliminary analyses, I am getting optimistic - we seem to be in a pretty good shape. GS failed to "blind" us. We are still able to cover all routes they can use to approach our shores, thus being able to deploy defenses accordingly.

Plus, we have located two fleets of theirs - a smaller one in the South and their Armada E-E-E-E-E of Hurricane (TOP SECRET this is!).
                The Armada is most likely to move E-E-E-E-E this turn, getting into an ideal position to threaten Sandonorico and Forkmouth at the same time.
                Should GS take Sandonorico (by throwing all their marines at it), we'd be dead that very turn. Dead dead. With all their combat settlers and tanks, they'd be able to crawl all the way to Legopolis and beyond. So
                - Sandonorico must not fall. We want to keep Forkmouth, too, even if it does not allow for immediate push into our interior. Plus, we will most likely have to heavily defend some of our Eastern cities, expecting GoW to show up, too.

This, of course, means we need to have us much intel as possible, so that we deploy our defenders in the most efficient way.

Now, we are able to cover most of the Orange Perimeter (that's how we call the line where an enemy transport must be to be able to carry out a seaborne attack at one of our coastal cities). The only small part we do not have covered is just East of Memory.

Have a look at the picture attached. The Orange Perimeter is easy to see. The white lines are suggested moves of our submarines (let's hope the one to go through the strait will not be sunk by the GoW DD). The translucent white lines indicate how far we will be able to see ourselves.

As you can see, there are few tiles outside of our range of sight.
                While playing the turn, send a ship of yours to scan these waters, please. If you have nothing else, use V.C.S. Millertown, please (NE-NE-E, snapshot, W-SW-SW). Do not engage anything, we just need to know whether there will be anything to fear - and consequently, what kind of defenses we will have to put into Port Hammer and Castlea.

That's it for the moment. If GoW sinks our submarine currently E-E-E of Castlea, we will have to revisit the plan, as there will be more tiles to spy on for you.

Take care,
                Radek
                Attached Files

Comment

• And my response

Radek,

Will do. We currently have a few other pickets up there that can see almost all the way to the GoW island. I've included a picture of the current visual radius for that picket. It was only this past turn that the GoW pickets surrounding it disappeared.

By the way, we have no idea where Hurricane is...or Sandonorico or Forkmouth.

Cheers,

Jared
                  Attached Files

Comment

• Transcript of what I sent to Lego with the save

You're up. Nothing going on in the portion of the western sea that we can
                    view (and no one has declared war on us yet :-D). In the eastern sea we
                    took the requested snapshot, which is enclosed with the save. There is only
                    one GOW destroyer in the portion of area that V.C.S. Millertown was able to
                    view. Trust all is well with the war. Tell us if you need anything else
                    next turn.

Rhoth

Comment

• From Vondrack.

Hi, Jared!

> You're up. Nothing going on in the portion of the western sea that we
                      > can view (and no one has declared war on us yet :-D). In the eastern
                      > sea we took the requested snapshot, which is enclosed with the save.
                      > There is only one GOW destroyer in the portion of area that V.C.S.
                      > Millertown was able to view. Trust all is well with the war. Tell us
                      > if you need anything else next turn.

Thanks a lot.

This was a very tough day - I spent like 14+ hours trying to put some plan together. GS did something unexpected - they basically gave us one more turn to prop our defenses... but moved so that they could threaten more (5) cities in 1260AD. But eventually... I believe we have developed a pretty good plan. More on that tomorrow, I am just dead tired and need some sleep.

We'll probably ask you for some emergency funding, about 500g.
                      Unlikely to be actually spent, but just for sure.

Turn to be played tomorrow morning my time, shortly past the 24hr mark.

Take care,
                      Radek
                      I wrote back acknowledging his request.

Comment

• The least we can do is give them some of their funding back.
                        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Originally posted by Beta
                          The least we can do is give them some of their funding back.
                          My thought exactly. They've given us so much gold and tech over the course of the game, the least we can do is give some back. We're holding our own with giving them tech, but we've never given any gold back...even if it's just essentially a loan as this will be.

Comment

• yah, I agree

I forget (I don't even have Civ3 installed on my new computer) can we transfer troops to them?

it looks as if they are sitting pretty well as far as infantry and artillery go

as long as they don't lose anything they are good

JM
                            Jon Miller-
                            I AM.CANADIAN
                            GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

• We can't transfer troops to them. Civ 3 doesn't allow it. Regarding their troops, they have a lot of infantry, artillery, and cavalry. Hopefully that will be enough until they have some tanks online (which they just got the tech for). GS on the other hand has 70+ tanks already.

Comment

• yah

I saw that

but I thought that inf + art beats tanks on defense

Jon Miller
                                Jon Miller-
                                I AM.CANADIAN
                                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Working...
                                X