• Show
Clear All

• From Vondrack

Hi, Jared!

> You're up. I heartily dislike the way the diplo screen doesn't let a
    > non-gpt deal automatically continue if you want it to continue...and
    > then automatically sends you into revolution without it. The dyes ran
    > out on us this turn. I had to go through the cities to keep the size
    > 12 ones after the first from all revolting on me. :-( Oh well.

Yeah, it's annoying. Just like so many other nuances of civ3...
    Blessed were the times I was ignorant of all these bugs and exploits.

> I sent a new 1gpt-unaccepted for dyes. The one I sent last turn ended
    > up being part of the deal to get all those workers and gold to us. No
    > big deal.

Well, perhaps it WAS a big deal after all. We have been hit by a bug, not having the turn-to-turn surplus gpt added to our coffers. As this messed trade with you was the only unusual thing happening, I suspect it's the culprit.

Did you receive the gold I thought I sent you? Exactly 400g? That's the only error I can think of on my side... sending a different sum from what I wanted to send...

> Speaking of that, my numbers of upgrades were faulty. I didn't have
    > the save open at the time and was thinking that all the upgrades were pikes.
    > Actually only half of them were. The remaining four are caravels
    > which don't really need to be upgraded since we're not planning any
    > intercontinental war. So that means, thanks to your help, we have all
    > of our military upgrades finished as of this turn 1120ad. :-D

))

Now, this is some great news (for us). Coupled with the fact that GS traded Atomic Theory to someone (prolly GS), we all of a sudden need almost a thousand gold less for our operations. You can hardly imagine how good news that is for us. We may be the prime commercial power of this world, but there are so many bills to pay...

Let me know whether I messed with the gold or not, please - I will inform Trip so that he does not spend his precious time uselessly.

Thanks,
    Radek

Comment

• And my response

Hi Radek,

As to the gold, you actually sent us 620 gold. There was one sum of 220 gold and one sum of 400 gold. Sorry, but I thought you meant to send it all or I would have sent some of it back if you needed it. Looking at the screen again this morning...mass production showed up twice so what I assume is that you sent it, the 220 gold, and two workers, and then sent it again with the 400 gold and four worker (two of which were the same).

On the plus side though, we won't need any more gold except for the sum to keep us running at 100% science.

Jared

Comment

• From Vondrack

Hi, Jared!

> As to the gold, you actually sent us 620 gold. There was one sum of
        > 220 gold and one sum of 400 gold. Sorry, but I thought you meant to
        > send it all or I would have sent some of it back if you needed it.
        > Looking at the screen again this morning...mass production showed up
        > twice so what I assume is that you sent it, the 220 gold, and two
        > workers, and then sent it again with the 400 gold and four worker (two of which were the same).

Duh, idiot me...

There is no need to send the gold back, we are keeping a healthy cash reserve. 220g is not going to mess it for us. It's just that I was missing 200+g in our accounting books.

Glad to hear it's not another bug.

BTW - what is your cash reserve ATM?

> On the plus side though, we won't need any more gold except for the
        > sum to keep us running at 100% science.

OK, cool. I will not send anything but the luxury this turn, but from 1130AD, it'll be 100gpt, steady funding until the discovery of Flight, ok? Then you will continue with Amphibious Warfare, but a bit slower, so that you don't need extra funding (we'll see how our own cashflow will work out).

BTW... checking the techtree, I noticed Flight dropping down 10% in research costs this turn - GoW must have discovered it and undoubtedly sent it to GS, so it should be down 10 more percent next turn. Just attach a note to the next save, please, quoting the new ETA on Flight.

Take care,
        Radek

Comment

• And my response

Hi Radek,

Our gold reserve is just a shade under 500 at the moment.

Sounds good about flight and amphibious warfare. I'll check our ETA next turn.

Jared

Comment

• Bring on those Gathering Storm pukes. We will kick there asses
            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

• Message from Vondrack

Hi, Jared!
              (and Bruce

> You're up. Flight in 3.

Great, looking forward to it. Atomic Theory in 3t here, too. Then 4t
              Electronics and 4t Motorized Transport. This is now a pretty much set
              schedule, unless the war breaks out earlier - which is likely, though.
              But we may stay on that course anyway, as almost all our military has
              been upgraded by now and we do not have pressing shortrush needs.

I have moved the ferry fleet from W-NW of Port Hammer INTO Port Hammer
              this turn after realizing that as long as there are no units of ours
              on Voxtavia (which is not going to happen until you get attacked),
              it's not necessary to keep the ferry fleet there - we better anchor it
              in Port Hammer, so that the ships can bring troops in and move back
              out to the sea (to W-NW of Port Hammer) on Turn 1, being ready for
              both bringing more troops in or giving the units a lift back to Legos
              on Turn 2.

As mentioned above, we have upgraded pretty much all of our military.
              Still weak vs. GS, though (and average vs. GoW). GS have a formidable
              military (top secret! we now have a spy with them)- but I guess we'd
              be able to face it on our turf with reasonable chances. RNG would rule
              the day, I guess...

One last thing - be so kind and mention everything that moves within
              your sight. Amphibious Warfare not discovered yet, but once it is, it
              will be fast - we have got few important tiles not covered, which are
              in "your area of influence"). Namely - the area NE of Memory (though
              there is no direct threat to Port Hammer, thanks to your DD blocking
              the entrance to The Legoon.

Well, that's about it. I will try to keep you posted. Be so kind and
              tell me when you no longer need the extra funding. We could use few
              more gold pieces to upgrade the remaining few units and plop some
              spies around...

Take care,
              Radek

Comment

• My response

Hi Radek,

Once we have finished flight we will head onto amphibious warfare like we had talked about. We can fund our own little empire and only knock off a few turns of research so we won't need the extra funding at that time.

That's fine about the fleet in the Lagoon. I'll soon be attempting to block it further, but in a way so as not to raise suspicions that we have something important going on in there.

That's interesting that GS military is so large. It looks like things are heating up and could get interesting soon.

Jared

Comment

• From Vondrack

Hi, Jared!

> Flight to you. We have begun amphibious warfare at a reduced rate to be
                  > able to support ourselves. We should have the tech for you in 10 turns.

Wow, that's one more turn faster than anticipated (someone else got
                  it, lowering the cost, right?). Amphibious Warfare in 10t sounds
                  perfect - nobody else has it.

We shall have Atomic Theory for you next turn, then three times 4t for
                  Electronics, Motorized Transport, & Radio. Considering GS have entered
                  modern times this turn, we are 13t behind research-wise. Let's hope we
                  will be able to catch up before it's too late.

Take care,
                  Radek

Comment

• And my response

Hi Radek,

I'd have to check through the last few turns to see if the cost of flight changed. I'm not sure offhand.

Regarding being 13 turns behind GS, hopefully it will take them longer to research their next techs. Since we get one for free that should help make up the difference for you a bit.

Jared

Comment

• Message from Vondrack

Hi, Jared!

> You're up. Nothing happening in the ocean, though I sent one of our pickets
                      > a little farther out after it had been replaced by another and ran into a GS
                      > picket.

Good. I am getting a bit puzzled by GS... no idea what their plan is.
                      Their tank corps are now more numerous than our cavalry corps and they
                      still sit there tight... no marines, no bombers. For defensive forces,
                      it's an overkill. For offensive forces, they are lacking some key unit
                      types.

We've finished Atomic Theory (sent to you) and started 4t Electronics.
                      Then 4t Motorized Transport. Saving some extra gold all the time. Even
                      if a war breaks out, we should be done with these two techs in 8t
                      total.

All our military save 8 horses upgraded and we are cranking out more -
                      we are now in a MUCH better shape than 10 turns ago.

Take care,
                      Radek

Comment

• From Vondrack

Hi, Jared!
                        Hi, Beta!

> Nothing much going on in the sea yet.

Same with us... we have spotted some GS transport movement NW-NW of
                        Hurricane. 5 transports, 1 carrier, 1 DD, and 1 galleon heading South
                        (!?). Not sure what that's supposed to mean - they must have known we
                        would see them. Prolly trying to make us believe they will come over
                        the widest part of the ocean, which however, would be good news for us
                        (no threat to the link between you and us).

We've been able to pinpoint locations of all 3 GS subs. That's good,
                        since we now know they do not know where our subs are (we've got more
                        then they have).

Electronics sent to you as accepted. Not much help, I guess.

We are building hydros like crazy. 1 done (in Legopolis), 5 more to be
                        finished within 2-3 turns. Mostly our best cities. Should do wonders
                        to our shield production.

I can feel the tension everywhere... )

It seems like the next turn may be the one GS will set sail - they
                        upgraded 11 galleons of theirs to transports last turn and added 9 new
                        marines (20 total as of 1220AD). If that is not enough to launch an
                        invasion...

Will do my best to keep you posted - but this week's been rough on me.
                        Business and all.

Take care,
                        Radek

Comment

• From Vondrack

Hi, Jared!
                          Hi, Bruce!

> Nothing moving in the sea yet. We'll have amphibious warfare for you
                          > next turn.

That's good news.

We were 3t from Motorized Transport last turn - to be discovered in
                          1260AD, if I am counting right.

Our shield production is going to skyrocket over the next two turns,
                          thanks to all those new hydro plants we will be finishing - most of
                          our best core cities were on rivers and we have been waiting for
                          Electronics to equip them with plants.

This coming turn, we shall start prebuilding tanks.

We successfully planted a spy with ND and now have spies with all
                          major teams.

Have a look at the following table, it shows military numbers for all
                          four "strong" teams (copy-paste into a Poly edit window and preview to
                          have it displayed in a human readable format - make sure you do it in
                          your private forum, please... we do not want to have this table appear
                          anywehere in public . Figures in parantheses denote changes compared
                          to 1220AD. It's interesting that only GS kept pumping military out -
                          GoW added very little.

Code:
                          <
                          /tr>

GSGoWNDLego
                          Compared to usstrongaverageweak -
                          Settlers9 (+2)4 (+2)12
                          Workers24296115
                          Explorers4500
                          Medieval Infantry1 (-1)000
                          Horsemen/Knights04(R)11(A)8(H)
                          Cavalries0201451
                          Riflemen20000
                          Marines28 (+8)1450
                          Infantries57586485 (+3)
                          Tanks704400
                          Artilleries1427061
                          Galleys2000
                          Galleons1000
                          Transports2218915
                          Carriers2300
                          Submarines3006
                          Frigates0010
                          Ironclads00016
                          Destroyers241818 (+1)
                          Battleships0019 (+1)
                          Fighters1000
                          Bombers010 (+1)81 (+1)
                          Well, that's it for this turn.

Take care,
                          Radek

Comment

• Interesting stuff. When the baloon goes up, this is going to be fun.
                            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• Interesting bit from rendelnep. I'd like to help him with his piece, but I don't think it's a good idea to give GS the idea that we're looking for a fight.

Hi rothaeraill,
                              could I put your name as the leader of the Nationlist party Voxnation. I 'm doing this for the news about the legoland war.

heres ther part I mentioned: VOXnation Party issued this statement ‘It is time to aid our ally Legoland, in what we know as the typical actions of the Storm Chickens and reclaim the motherland that was stolen from us. Voxtavia for the Voxians!!!!!’

Is this okay?

- Rendelnep
                              And my response...

Have you spoken with Vondrack about this yet? I think the idea he and I had hashed out a while back was to remain "neutral" in the war with GS for as long as possible so that Lego would not have to protect us militarily and could devote all your attention to the war.

I personally wouldn't mind your story, but I don't want to give Gathering Storm the idea that we want to be involved in the military portion of the war. We can help Lego better with techs than militarily.

Rhoth

Comment

• Sent to Vondrack just in case rendelnep hasn't talked to him. Not that I like being the informer type, but I don't want the plans we worked out to fall apart because of a propaganda piece.

Hi Radek,

Just a heads up on something and how you want to proceed with this. Now that the war is here, rendelnep requested to use me in a piece he is writing for war propaganda about Vox aiding Lego in the war and reclaiming the homeland, etc.

I don't personally have any problem with his piece, but I asked him to talk to you about it first because of our discussion regarding avoiding military action if at all possible so we don't expose your northern border and force you to have to defend us as well as your own lands.

If Lego doesn't mind his propaganda piece then I'll tell him he can use my name and the quote about Vox taking back their homeland. But if not, then I'll tell him no.

Good luck in the war, and I'll keep you apprised of anything I see in the waters surrounding us.

Rhoth

Comment

Working...
                                X