Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yah

I think they have done well

we are both about even (even with a construction and currency trade becvause we were getting them on our own)

JOm Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

I am not really sure what I should be doing

I still haven't had Zeit PM me

and I have raised the trade issues with Nbarclay

Jon Miller
      Jon Miller-
      I AM.CANADIAN
      GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Good news. Received this from zeit. And my response.

Dear zeit.

Thanks! Will do! And I believe jon is getting back to you shortly on future trade arrangements.

Regards, BetaHound

zeit wrote on 30-03-2003 16:48:
        Dear, BetaHound.

Just a brief reminder
        We have sent you Republic+Currency+Construction on the last turn, please send us your medeival free tech in yours.

Zeit, Chief Diplomat of the Gathering Storm.
        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

From this it sounds like GS will be going Republic soon and most likely have started researching a Middle Age tech. My guess would be Feudalism. If we don't get our war going quick we could end up facing pikemen.

Comment

Agreed - I figure our timing will be OK. BTW - they have gone republic already. I'm going to check back and see when. However, they could not start researching a middle age tech until this turn - having received construcion and currency from Lego.

Feudalism is some 32o beakers - it as at least got to take them say 20 turns to research. And when we go in - they will need the money which should bring research to a halt.
            Last edited by Beta; March 31, 2003, 12:08.
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

I had a quick chat with Shiber yesterday - I asked he if he thought his team would help us with our next foray onto Bob. He was uncomfortable chatting about it and said we should contact DeepO.

He then went on to say that although he didn't think military assistance would be forthcoming, they may be able to help with war financing for upgrades. Beautiful.

He also said they had a number of strategy experts on their team. I asked if they could lend us Theseus.

We both agreed that the conversation was getting quasi-official and that we, Vox, should contact DeepO of GS regarding these matters.

I love this game.

Comment

So - jon - what I was thinking - is that in a few turns - maybe when the Bobian fiasco happens - you approach them and ask for a loan of 200 gold, of which 100 we promise to repay. Because in exchange we sell them our map of Bob for 100.

Couple this with a discussion of what middle age tech do they want us to research next - and it will look like we are getting nicely indebted to them.

I will also engage Theseus and DeepO and nbarclay in a discussion about our military plans on Bob - seeking their advice on the best way to conduct our campaign.

Comment

If they manage to get 20 beakers a turn that would cut down their research time to 16 turns. If we take 6 more turns to start the war by us or GoW taking out the GS warrior and another 8-10 turns to take that first city, they could squeeze out Feudalism. A lot will depend on how threatened they feel and how much they feel they can slow down our march. They might be willing to risk the loss of one or two cities if they can get pikemen to provide better defense for the others. Did I read somewhere that RP has Monarchy? Maybe we can tell GS that we are negotiation to acquire Monarchy and would switch our research to Feudalism to see what they say.

Comment

Originally posted by HarryH
                    Maybe we can tell GS that we are negotiation to acquire Monarchy and would switch our research to Feudalism to see what they say.
                    Yes - great idea. And yes - RP has monarchy. The logic here is that feudalism is the cheapest tech - so it would be in GS' and our best interest if they tackled theology and we researched feudalism.

Comment

yes!! do this for sure. I would love to deny them Pikemen
                      "Do not honour the worthy, And the people will not compete. Do not value rare treasures, And people will not steal. Do not display what people want, And the people will not have their hearts confused. A sage governs this way: He empties peoples minds and fills their bellies. He weakens their wills and strengthens their bone. Keep the people always without knowledge and without desires, For then the clever will not dare act. Engage in no action and order will prevail."-Loazi "The Classic of The Way and Its Powers"

Comment

Plus, if they research Theology they are still open to research other techs if they finish quickly. If they research Feudalism and they plan on acquiring Theology and Engineering then they may have to wait for other civs to finish their research before they can start their next tech (unless they want Chivalry ).

Comment

Originally posted by HarryH
                          ... (unless they want Chivalry ).
                          Bite your tongue Harry!!!

However, if this IS indeed their plan - hopefully we will have already wiped them out (or at least almost).
                          "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                          "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

Intel on GS

I have some inside info on GS which is key to Operation Immortal. It is very reliable - but if OK with you guys, I don't want to reveal my source right now. Thanks for respecting that. And it was all obtained "legally."

GS is very dismissive of us. They fully plan on dropping us from any trade arrangement.

They fully believe we are heading back to the continent. They fully expect us to get our asses whipped. They feel we have unified the Bobians. They feel we may be gone from the game in 25 turns or so.

According to what I have seen, they have no barracks.

Estimated 10-11 cities.

They are researching Feudalism and will be done in 12-14 turns. They researched republic in 13 or 14.

They feel they will be "perfectly safe" in 15 turns. I assume this is related to Feudalism. Ironically, their concern is being safe from the Bobians retalliating against us - as opposed to their northern neighbours.

Again - trust me on the source here folks. This would have to be a very 'deep' and deliberate plot if this was mis-information.

And now - forget you read this - and please do not share that I have shared it with you. Thanks.

.... Beta 007

Comment

Interesting....With Beta's Intel, I would say that we need to invade south by 8-10 Turns from now (maximum time limit). My main concern is taking 5 or 6 of their cities prior to them finishing Feudalism (more if we're lucky). If we can also take their access to horses and iron, I would consider this campaign a raging success!
                              "One day if I do go to heaven, I'm going to do what every San Franciscan does who goes to heaven - I'll look around and say, 'It ain't bad, but it ain't San Francisco.'" - Herb Caen, 1996
                              "If God, as they say, is homophobic, I wouldn't worship that God." - Archbishop Desmond Tutu

Comment

of course by taking their cities their research time will go up
                                Arg-ha Lardgoa

Comment

Working...
                                X