• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PMed

Jon Miller
    Jon Miller-
    I AM.CANADIAN
    GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Please provide some clarification on the border agreement we have with GS. I know it restricts where our units can move down south. Does the line extend into the coast and out into the blackness as well?

Comment

city sites were the deffinite treaty positions

since than, we have not been as active in our relationship with them

it is sort of included in that, that we don't go farther south than where we are now

Jon Miller
        Jon Miller-
        I AM.CANADIAN
        GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Jon - I guess no word on the 20 gold yet?

This is a bit frustrating after the 75 Lux gold payment. If their argument is that their research rate is so much higher - tell them that we are still relatively even in beakers. They got better geography to work with. We got the early contact with Lux amd GoW. About balances out.

Harry - I have the ratified treaty agreement, which is basically a screen shot with city sites on it. I will send that around again.
          Last edited by Beta; March 19, 2003, 23:19.
          Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Ratified border treaty with GS has been e-mailed to everyone. It was settled by Jon with GS many turns ago. it explains a bit of history, and why we have built where we have.

It was a landmark agreement in our history, led directly to the tech trading arrangement which you may have seen in an earlier FA thread, and generally decreased greatly the tensions between ourselves and GS. Warriors were allowed to be positioned in certain spots as 'observers.'
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

So... GS is south of us? What is the latest intel on GS? the info thread is about 2-3 weeks out of date.
              Arg-ha Lardgoa

Comment

argha - if jon were here he would encourage you to read the old FA threads. The history with GS is quite straightforward - but it has had its moments. In particular - you need to read the tech trading agreement. For everyone's benefit, I will see if I can bring it forward to this thread.

Comment

This is the trade agreement reached with GS in early February. So far it has held.

Tech Exchange
                  Greetings BetaHound, Jon, and People of Vox Controli,

While trying to address the trade situation, we of Gathering Storm realized that no formal agreement has ever been drawn up regarding our tech sharing arrangement. We have a general understanding to share all techs our two teams obtain at least for the time being, but that leaves room for possible misunderstandings later on. Of particular concern was making sure you do not view this as a game-long commitment on our part, since we prefer to maintain some flexibility as game conditions change. (After all, there could be more than 3500 years to go before this ends.)

Rather than risk the possibility that our teams might be working from different understandings of what has been agreed to, we've decided to defer accepting your tech offer for the moment while we try to clarify the agreement. Sir Ralph and I submitted the following proposal for ratification, and the vote thus far has come back strongly in support.

quote:

(1) Gathering Storm and Vox Controli hereby formally agree to give each other all technologies discovered, through whatever means, for the duration of this agreement.

(2) This agreement may be cancelled by either team under the following conditions. (a) The team wishing to cancel the agreement must provide a minimum of ten turns' notice. (b) Both sides, and especially the side initiating cancellation, are required to act in good faith to ensure that the treaty will be ended (or transitioned to some other arrangement) in a way that is equitable to both. Both agree not to manipulate the timing of tech discovery, tech trades with other parties, the ending of the deal itself, or any other factor in such a way as to obtain an unfair advantage over the other.

If this is acceptable to you, please re-offer the techs you offered this turn and we can pick up from there. We're expecting Writing in three turns, and can forward it to you then. (It would probably be better if you don't include Horseback Riding just yet, given the confusion that surrounded your getting it and the fact that our need for it is not urgent.) If this is too far from what you had in mind for you to consider it acceptable, we'll need to try to iron out the differences in what our teams had in mind.

In regard to suggestions for what tech you should research next, I'll have to address that issue separately. The situation is complex enough, especially with the possibility of trades in addition to what our two civs research ourselves, that we haven't yet reached a firm conclusion for what to suggest to you.

Sincerely,

The People of Gathering Storm
                  Nathan Barclay, Chief Economist

Comment

btw last time I checked we are equal in military to them. So don't get paranoid thinking they are going to attack. We are still weak compared to everyone else though.

Comment

Hmmm - interesting point. They must be piling everything into growth and infrastructure.

Comment

so should we

Jon Miller
                        Jon Miller-
                        I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

And others want barracks and Immortals. That's where I think Macy's plans thread is a good idea. Let's discuss the options and what we want to do.

Comment

balance. In fact we probalby only need 1 city building immortals now unless war is imment.

Comment

sent to GS

tech trades
                              wea re trying to work out trades for future techs from other civs (for our future techs)

we are wondering what you are doing on the tech trading front (we know that you do not plan on trading republic (and neither do we))

Jon Miller

Kpm
                              Jon Miller-
                              I AM.CANADIAN

Comment

hmmmmm... comments? From GS. It looks OK, except we tell them we are researching Monarchy, which was Shiber's initial suggestion. The rest we can agree with.

Tech partnership: revision
                                Respected BetaHound of Vox Controli.

Greetings from the Gathering Storm. I bring you this offer, a revision of our current tech sharing arrangement. You have already brought up this idea to Shiber in a chat you had, so I’ll go straight into the deatails:

1) The treaty lasts for a period of 20 turns.

2) in that period of 20 turns, VC gives the GS 12gpt.
                                3) The GS shares with VC the techs they have researched or have purchased, as soon as the GS acquires the techs, as long as these do not fall under a Non Disclosure Agreement (NDA) with other teams, in which the GS has agreed not to trade these techs onwards.
                                4) Out of all the techs given to by the GS in the 20 turn period, Republic, Currency and Construction will be for VC use only- and will not be traded by VC to any other team.
                                5) VC will share with the GS it’s free medieval technology.
                                6) The treaty can be renegotiated after a period of 20 turns.

I consider this arrangement to suit the current developing situation better than the one we’ve had so far and hope you find it acceptable. Please try to reply as soon as possible

Cordially
                                Zeit, Chief Diplomat of the Gathering Storm

Comment

Working...
                                X