No announcement yet.

Luna el Salvador

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aidun, I'd be grateful for any help possible.

Spamish Mitchell
    Really Old Guy
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

I can't certain, but there are only two ways that you can be now alive by spiritual means, Senor Mitchell.

Either a god has blessed you with very long life, or a demon inhabits your body, which hopefully is not the case. In which case, however, you must be cleansed. Firstly, a trial must be conducted to discover whether or not you are possessed. You seem rational enough to me, but it is canon law.

Hernan de History Guy Calamari the Younger
      Assistant High Priest to His Holiness
      Empire growing,
      Pleasures flowing,
      Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

Senor Hernan - I have examined the sacred texts, including the sizeable contribution made by my father, and I believe Senor Spamish is one mentioned in the prophecies as the 'Purveyor of death disguised, Creator of the Waterfall, the Unchanging One.' It then goes on to say that he will take part in some (unspecified) future event of great importance, and will die during it. What this will entail is unknown to me, but I know better than to meddle with prophecy. The event foretold may be good or bad, but it will happen, and any attempt on our part to stop it will merely help bring it about.

Comment

Ah, I see. Prior to this event, thy father had kept those scrolls secret...indeed, the legend is 'Secret Sacred Scrolls', not simply 'Sacred Scrolls' (indeed, on the back is written again 'Sacred Secret Scrolls'), in which case you must have seen good reason to reveal a great prophecy to us. Interesting, though. Unchanging, he appears to be, and I suppose the gods have further purpose for him, as they do for my seed, according to the Revelations of Hernan made on his death bed, the text of which cannot be revealed until the time prophesied. Then, all shall be revealed from those.

Funny lot of secret sacred scrolls - and sacred secret scrolls - lying about these days!

Empire growing,
          Pleasures flowing,

Comment

Thank you for telling me what the sacred scrolls say of me. I hope sincerely that the foretold event is good, but the fates musn't be bothered. No worrying about what the event is; it will come.

Spamish Mitchell
            Somewhat Relieved Really Old Guy

(OOC: Many ancient religions had things that would be considered absolutely redicuolus today. For example, the Inca religon treated dead people as they were alive, often ending in giving them large tracts of nice farmland, letting them have say in family decisions, and more. Are we making sure to stuff our religion full of oddities? Several dieties I've already got an idea of (God of Spam, etc. ))

meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

I forgot to mention to the High Priest, rumors of the ancient God
              San Tentacleus:

Our own ancestors great god of crabdining, rapid reprodution, strangulation tactics and cunningness, also known as El Grade Octopus, lives just off the coast here, and we should continue to provide him human offerings, dressed in crab costumes.
              The tradition of doing so helped greatly on reproduction of citizens, as the men also could give birth to children when blessed by San Tentacleus... How this variation of reproduction occured is long forgotten. (well that's just a rumor and I wouldn't want to know)
              But San Tentacleus is a God that I have seen with my own eyes, so He is reality.
              Last edited by ThePlagueRat; February 2, 2003, 10:37.
              My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

Crabs? Saaaay! You don't mean that the crab market may rise in future? I hold the monopoly on those little sidewinders, and they haven't been pulling in what they are worth these days. Not since we got our hands on steak. Steak is good...but squid is still king!

Spam?! What is this spam?! [ooc] Industrialized meat - incredibly unappetizing industrialized meat - doesn't appear until the Industrial Age, when the coal miners need something to munch in the deep...

...and Squid Baron...
                Empire growing,
                Pleasures flowing,

Comment

ooc:
                  Listen up folks...
                  Ok, this word is used a lot in here, I've noticed.
                  (and perhaps outside it's original meaning)

Background: sp@|\/|

Referring to the Monty Python spam-joke, spam is put in as the 'meaningless word' into the sentences of the workingclass housewife character. (played by my favourite... whatshisname? )
                  This 'spam' is the Industrialized meat History Guy told us about.
                  Later it has developed to become a term in computer science for bitstreams of meaningless nonsense arriving at servers. (often used in a Denial of Service attack ) Series of bytes stuffed inside datagram packets adressed to a certain hoste has been used to create something we call spam attacks. This word derived to describe some less harmless actions. Somewhat annoying, chatting individuals who uses a lots of !!!!!!!!!!!, |-|@X0r, fgfgfadfsdafsdfr, and sick capitals, created another meaning which has also been referred to with the word 'spam'. This is not the whole story, but what I could recall now...
                  Last edited by ThePlagueRat; February 2, 2003, 11:05.

Comment

And this strange "El Sid" who has appeared to two of the Spanish clan leaders during the night, what is he? Is some kind of God? Spirit? or what?
                    "Never trust a man who puts your profit before his own profit." - Grand Nagus Zek, Star Trek Deep Space Nine, episode 11
                    "A communist is someone who has read Marx and Lenin. An anticommunist is someone who has understood Marx and Lenin." - Ronald Reagan (1911-2004)

Comment

"El Sid" ?
                      You mean Sid the Salmon, whom I placed in one of those clanleaders bed last night... It was just a warning.

Comment

To answer the questions, I believe the answers are:

1) Terry Jones

and

2) El Sid de Meier.
                        Empire growing,
                        Pleasures flowing,

Comment

Working...
                        X