No announcement yet.

Luna el Salvador

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[ooc] Good sir, you are mistaken. Perhaps there are gods here, then. However, the point of this game is to follow the Spanish mindset as close as possible. Of course we cannot recreate all of Spanish history, but we can keep to the cultural history. Monotheism is not what they had at his time at all. They were CELTS and thus they had CELTIC gods. They didn't have one big crazy god of nature, though he could be one of the gods Spain has. Monotheism is just not believable, or Roleplay. Thus, I refuse, at this juncture, to follow in with it. If that makes me a "heretic", that's OK, but I'm staying more true to the original intentions of the game.

Furthermore, we should adopt Christianity when we get it, for that's what the Spanairds did. We could be just as well playing Celts, Scandinavians, Frenchies, Germans, or anyone else using your philosophy. We're actually trying to stick as close as possible to Spanish culture, and what you're suggesting, frankly, just doesn't fit the bill.

And as for Islam, I know it's politically incorrect, but who cares about political correctness? [/ooc]
    Empire growing,
    Pleasures flowing,
    Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

To believe or not to believe, that's the last thing I say about it. If you do not want to worship this god, who has proved to be my saviour in need and shall be anyones saviour in need when the time comes they need him. If you do not want to worship a god who has showed himself to the peoplea and to our wise High Priest Marcos Navarro de Tacticus, who approved him as our god, then that is your own choice. Do however not expect his mercy when the time comes that you need it. Honouring Luna el Salvador is the least you can do. I hope he feels pity for people like you.

From now on I call you Hernan the Unbeliever, for you do not believe in Luna el Salvador the allmighty God
      "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
      Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

[ooc]
        Hernan,

You may not have remarked it when reading the recordings of the approval of Aidun Cian as First Priest of Luna el Salvador, but I have created a story very like to the New Testament. I was planning to change it to chistianity at time. The only thing which did not happen but for which I hoped is that Aidn Cian the Younger hasn't been crusified, thus creating a kind of a Jesus.
        Perhaps Togas can still play some pretending evil role in it.

Think about it and let me know if you have some ideas.[/ooc]

Thanks,

Aidun
        "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
        Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

Senor Aidun - I believe you may be slightly mistaken as to the nature of my approval. I stated that he was, indeed, a true god, and that you were his priest. Tihs means that you are permitted to follow him without being burnt at the stake, but does not compel others to do so, as it is their own choice of which god they wish to worship.

Comment

Haven't I said so?

If you do not want to worship a god who has showed himself to the peoplea and to our wise High Priest Marcos Navarro de Tacticus, who approved him as our god, then that is your own choice. Do however not expect his mercy when the time comes that you need it.

Comment

I think all this choice business is too confusing. I prefer the old days when you either worshipped the spirits or got tossed into the waterfall.

Comment

Please let us stop these discussions whether it fits in our Spanish nature or not, but go on, all together, and build up some great religion. I don't care if this monotheism what we now have changes into polytheism to change back to monotheism when we discover the tech. Please don't let us quarrel about it.

I just like to build up a religion that conquers the world and thought this is a good way to do it.

I personally would love to see other nations turning to our religion: then it doesn't matter if we win the game or not, we have won something that is far more than just winning the game: Roleplay has culturally influenced the other nations. Such can only be done by Great nations.

Last thing to say: Nobody started, so I started. Please help me to build up a RP religion whether it be a polytheistic Celtic religion, or a monotheistic religion. Don't post only critics. Help me with ideas etc. No religion has been runned only by one person: not christianity, not the islam, not the judaism, bhudism or hinduism.

Aidun

Comment

[ooc] Aidun...never on Roleplay did I refuse to accept this chap. However, I'd simply prefer to think of him as a god, not the god.

What I was hoping to see was to actually have Polytheistic gods, as fitted Spanish tradition in ancient times, and Monotheism as fitted when it worked, and this means Christianity. I for one don't see why we can't just use the Catholic Church, elect a Pope, Cardinals, and etc. instead of creating a whole new religion, when it makes more sense (and personally, interests me more anyway) to simply adopt Catholicism when we get Monotheism.

I'd like to adopt Polytheism now, as frankly it doesn't make any sense at all to discover Polytheism later, and then have no one follow it! And this is the major part of my argument.
                  Empire growing,
                  Pleasures flowing,

Comment

Good thane lord Aidun, you take me wrong.

I have never once stated that I did not believe that this Luna el Salvadore was a god. I do believe, however, that he is not the god. How then do you speak for our various nature gods, and the powerful gods of the rivers and the earth? I fear that it is they who are resentful of Luna el Salvadore for being proclaimed the one true god, while they become ignored by your sect, and this does not bode well for any.

The High Priest has spoken, and thus it shall be. If this new sect wishes to rebuke the Assistant High Priest, then it shall be, but know that the anointed ones of the High Priest are not to be scoffed in such ways. Luna el Salvadore himself would not approve of this, for I praise him as all others in the pantheon.

Hernan de History Guy Calamari the Younger
                    Assistant High Priest to His Holiness
                    Empire growing,
                    Pleasures flowing,

Comment

[ooc]I'd like to be Pope if the time comes or at least a cardinal. Feel free to think about another god now and This be settled.
                      As I've said before I'd lave to see our religion conquer the world, it's another challenge and the game shall be payed at the public PBEM demogame forum.[ooc]

Aidun

Comment

Young Aidun, the pantheon is composed of many gods and goddesses.

Carmena, the goddess of love. She is the wife of the war god Herminor, and she was born of the union of a mortal woman with whom Gernath, the god of the seas whom created the squid, fell in love with. She, of course, was thus immortal, and was blessed with great beauty, such that none but immortals could face her without falling to the ground, for her beauty was so radiant. She lives in the skies, and her elements are mankind and fruitful trees and plants, for she is a goddess of fruitfulness, rebirth, and etc. Harvesters pray to her for a good harvest. Women in labor pray to her.

Gernath, the lord of the seas, one of the first gods, molded by the Unnamed Creator (the great god who made all things). He was blessed with control of all water, and he fell in love with a mortal woman bathing off Giant's Crossways. He is said to have brought about the tempests that destroyed the evil empire of Cernulus, and is prayed to before war for blessings from the sea. He was sent in 8000 BC to earth from his undersea realm by the gods to teach us about Creation. He is said to have built the Spirit House, and taught us the secrets of Ceremonial Burial. There was at that time a great famine in the land, and he gave them food from the sea by re-creating squids, throwing peach blossoms out to sea. They all turned into squids. His elements are the water and the animals living in it. Navy men and squid catchers pray to him, and I have a special devotion to him.

Herminor, the god of war, was the brother of Luna el Salvadore (the god of nature) and Gernath, and the moldling of the Creator. Herminor is most famous for being sent by the other gods at the head of an army of gods and spirits to drive out the giants who waged war on creation at the beginning of time. He engaged Grunor, Giant King, in battle, slew him, and took from him Ornor, the Ring of the Giant, with which he created new guardians of the earth to protect it from future troubles. Man was made, and Woman, his wife, also.

Does His Holiness approve of this, a basic lists of the greatest gods?

Hernan de History Guy Calamari the Younger
                        Assistant Priest to His Holiness
                        Empire growing,
                        Pleasures flowing,

Comment

Indeed. Although there are many, many other gods, they are some of the most mportant and most powerful.

Comment

High Priest Tacticus,

I wonder that I might have a connection with the spirits and gods. For despite all the others of my original amigos being long dead, I still remain, chugging along to almost 2000 years here. For example, virtually none of our ancestors (save for I) remain. I ask that you verify if such a connection with the gods exists, for in my old age although glad to see the new things of the world long for the old disputes, the old friends...even the Tavern has receded farther into the past. Hell, I've even seen two generations of my kids die, and I'm looking at my grandchildren get old right now.

Not that there's anything wrong with being old...

(Youngins, come and let me tell ya a story... )

Spamish Mitchell
                            Really Old Guy
                            meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

Senor Spamish - you may very well be right about having such a connection. Unfortunately, I have no experience in dealing with this, and do not know the proper ritual; while my father would have, of course, he is dead, and we cannot ask him. I shall consult the sacred texts and see what they have to say about this. They may even mention you in prophecy, in which case we can be sure that you have some connection.

Comment

Spamish Mitchell, do you have an idea to which god you may have a connection, or that it is some strange kind of magic of which we still don't have any knowledge.
                                If there is anything I can do to help you to find it out, let me know.
                                If the High Priest thinks Luna el Salvador can be of any use to get the answer on this question, I bid him to ask me and I shall seek to contact Luna el Salvador.

Aidun Cian

First Priest of Luna el Salvador.

Comment

Working...
                                X