Submarines30?5
    Ironclads00?16
    Destroyers2218?6
    Battleships00?7
    Fighters10?0
    Bombers09?0

Original post:
    Thanks for reminding me Spiffor, was getting around to it

Ok so we have a unanimous decision to explore eastwards initially. This is to official instruct Jack_www or whoever plays the next turn to move east. Once we see what that uncovers we will discuss the next move.
    Last edited by Tiberius; September 26, 2004, 06:44.
    Si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses

Re: Military Architect thread

comment moved to the Discussion thread
    Last edited by vondrack; December 9, 2002, 12:34.

Comment

Added: "Move 1st warrior to east" to the Ministerial Orders thread.
      For the future please put your final decisions directly there, because it is the only place where I will look for them (and then centralize them in the .Guidlines for the President/VP thread.
      "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
      --George Bernard Shaw
      A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
      --Woody Allen

Comment

Ok, I feel that at the minute its somewhat pointless to be saying move the warrior east, east, south, southeast or whatever. I propose that we should decide on a general direction and allow Jack or Vondrack to use their discretion over the exact movement. We all know how to play the game after all.

Warrior 1: Currently moving east. Should head for the good land and see what else is there to the east.

Warrior 2: Should head south and make a beeline for that mountain, then possibly follow the river.

Warrior 3: City defence? Or maybe a short recce to the west might be good.

Comments?

Comment

Originally posted by redstar1
          Ok, I feel that at the minute its somewhat pointless to be saying move the warrior east, east, south, southeast or whatever. I propose that we should decide on a general direction and allow Jack or Vondrack to use their discretion over the exact movement. We all know how to play the game after all.

Warrior 1: Currently moving east. Should head for the good land and see what else is there to the east.

Warrior 2: Should head south and make a beeline for that mountain, then possibly follow the river.

Warrior 3: City defence? Or maybe a short recce to the west might be good.
          I would reverse the order of #2 and #3. Down to the south, there is just jungle, we may be almost sure of it. It will be difficult to settle there. We are more likely to expland in the east-west direction. Thus, I would send our second warrior to west, along the edge of the jungle. The Plastico River flows in that direction, therefore more fine or at least half-decent spots are likely to be found there.

As for Howard, right now, I would follow the hill range to NE, later turning either to E or N, depending on what will be likely to bring more information.

Comment

Sounds fair enough. WOuldn't mind seeing where that river goes though....

Comment

I would send the second warrior to the west, on top of the hills. I think further direction of scouting largly depends on what we discover.

On a generic rule, I strongly believe that the first two warriors should keep scouting until all land is discovered on our continent (or until we piss off potential neighbors with the wondering around too much, whichever comes first).

This of course depends on an expansion strategy that will produce self-sufficient defense without these two warriors, which I hope for very much.

Additionally it might be a good idea to send one of the defenders of Legopolice to that Golden Mountain for quick peek.
              Care for some gopher?

Did you know that in GalCiv, the AI makes you think you are playing against humans? Stop laughing, they mean it!!!

Comment

Originally posted by delmar
                Additionally it might be a good idea to send one of the defenders of Legopolice to that Golden Mountain for quick peek.
                delmar, it is Legopolis. We do not have any Lego-police yet. Comes only with communism.

redstar, as it seems there is a general consensus on where Howard shall venture to, it may be a good idea to post the general warrior scouting direction order to the Ministerial Orders thread... we certainly don't want Howard to fortify atop that hill, do we?

Jack, don't take that serious, please! It's just a shameless joke...

Comment

Originally posted by vondrack
                  delmar, it is Legopolis. We do not have any Lego-police yet. Comes only with communism.
                  Yeah, I had a creeping suspicion that something is not right here... Thanks, I'll try to remember this.
                  Care for some gopher?

Did you know that in GalCiv, the AI makes you think you are playing against humans? Stop laughing, they mean it!!!

Comment

While I was initially favouring moving our Howard Warrior south onto the mountain, I think that is no longer necessary as the luxuries make me think that near there will be an ideal spot for our City #2 (unless something better comes along of course)

Thus, I agree with Vondrack that we should move Howard northeast along the hills on the 3650BC turn (though I noticed that Vondrack did the turn 15 minutes ago hehe)

Suggestion: Warrior #2 should be called "Conan"

I also think that he should head along the hills northwest along the river. However, I would be curious to see if those green blotches directly north are flood plains or grassland or not.

Moving Warrior #2 directly north onto the hills should reveal that on its first turn though.

Comment

I would agree with moving Warrior 2 to the NW. I too am curious as to what lies across those mountains. Let's make sure we have this decided soon, as the turn could be upon us before we know it.
                      I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Originally posted by Sharpe
                        Suggestion: Warrior #2 should be called "Conan"
                        Suggestion #2: Units should be actually renamed in the game.
                        Care for some gopher?

Comment

Ok, this is a proposed unit exploration path concept. Red is for Howard, Blue is for Conan. Yellow is for a future exploration unit that has not yet been ordered.
                          I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

Green-Howard, Red-Conan, right?

Edit: First I said "I agree" but let me ask a question here. Do we know where to put our next city yet?

I assume we want it somewhere near those dyes. Do we see enough about the surroundings to make a decision about the exact city site, so that we can send Howard to the North?

In other words: shouldn't he go to the East a bit?
                            Care for some gopher?

Comment

Don't know if anyone has noticed, but I see probable GRASSLAND in the north!!!

Northeast of the desert....

The smallness of that desert leads me to believe that this is likely a wet world setting, which of course would mean thick jungle , but also lots of rivers.

Comment

Working...
                              X