Turn 92, 725 BC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by notyoueither
    Vox most likely got the GA from killing Grog.
    This reminds me: could anyone check which government Vox is at?
    If they're at Despotism, then their GA would mean near to nothing to us.
    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

They're still in Despotism, but very few of their tiles were generating two shields or gold before their GA, so they'll still get almost as much benefit as if they were in a more advanced government.

Comment

Odds of winning a fight between our vet WC and Vox's reg immortal are 61.1%. Odds of winning a fight between our reg warrior and a wounded Voxian immortal with 1HP are 67.6%.
        Handy stuff, these combat calculators are.
        "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
        And the truth isn't what you want to see,
        Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
        - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

If that Galley keeps coming south it could dump 2 Immortals on the doorstep of Hurricane - we can not afford to lose that city under any circumstances.
          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

They are despots.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Also, am I the only person who finds it odd that Vox would complete the World Map deal and declare war on the same turn?

Comment

2 less swords they face.

This is live or die, from their POV.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

I just realized that at least one of the immortals Vox is boxing Ouch in with has to have come from the galley. Otherwise, we would have seen him last turn. That means there's an excellent chance they landed both immortals from the galley - one north and one south - which would make killing one of the immortals with a WC even more useful.

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet
                    Also, am I the only person who finds it odd that Vox would complete the World Map deal and declare war on the same turn?
                    It's actually not all that unreasonable. If the tide turns enough in our favor that we can invade the lands that the map shows us, they're probably doomed anyhow. And getting two or three extra immortal upgrades at the start of the war is worth a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by nbarclay
                      ...which would make killing one of the immortals with a WC even more useful.
                      Agreed, but since we have only one WC in range, it's a bit of a gamble.

Comment

Originally posted by nbarclay
                        I just realized that at least one of the immortals Vox is boxing Ouch in with has to have come from the galley. Otherwise, we would have seen him last turn. That means there's an excellent chance they landed both immortals from the galley - one north and one south - which would make killing one of the immortals with a WC even more useful.
                        Good catch . Yeah, the Immortal that's 1 of Ouch must have come from the galley, which makes it very likely the one 8 of him did too. At the most that Galley can only contain one Immortal instead of two.

Am I right in saying that we can be sure that there is only one Galley on that tile, and that is isn't a stack of two?

Comment

Only one galley there, confirmed.

Comment

It's just one, total ship numbers show up in the same way as others units with the extra ' - '. There is just no way to check what's inside them.
                            -
                            That galley being empty is :relieved:
                            -
                            Damned, just now that we lost our leader, we get attacked...Considering the circomstances, perhaps SR can extend his post as Grand Poobah for a while
                            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph

Agreed, but since we have only one WC in range, it's a bit of a gamble.
                              A gamble in our favor, both in terms of odds and in terms of value for the winner. The gamble of refusing to attack is far worse: almost guaranteed loss of a prospective swordsman and missing the chance to more likely than not reduce Vox's force of immortals by one. Edit: And think what other mischief that immortal might cause if we don't deal with him now.

Comment

Exactly, it is a gamble, but one certainly worth taking. Odd of 61% are acceptable IMHO - and the benefit of getting to our GA a few turns early would make a big difference at this stage.

Comment

Working...
                                X