GSC&C Discussion thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So then, either Lego:
    a) had one of the luckiest runs of hut popping anyone has ever seen?
    b) are lying?
    c) are cheating?
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

They may have a 'snakey' type landmass.

I would almost certainly dismiss that they are cheating. The whole team would have to be in on it ('why are we circling around all the huts and always get techs from them?') and that would include any inactive members, and any potential members they allow on their team. Not to mention that MarkG and Ming would have access to their forum. To cover something like that up would take a lot of doing... contact and discussion on the point only through pm's and emails, editing the location of all scouting units in any screenshots, scenarios, or logs...

The only purpose I could see for them lying about how many techs they got from huts is if they were planning on covering up the trade with GoW, which they have been open about. Unless they are lying to us about where they are getting CoL from... Which would mean they are absolutely genius and knew we would 'figure out' they were getting CoL from GoW even when they weren't, and then used the admission of 5 techs from huts to give us a counter possibility so that their ploy isn't as obvious. Again they'd have to guess our reaction to the hut information...

If they are capable of intrigue and divination on that level the game is over.

Comment

Shiber: true, they stated that they found another island in between them and GoW.

I'm unsure on what is happening here, indeed, cheating doesn't seem very likely. but 5 techs from huts? they aren't expansionist, are they?

Oh, I don't think that Ming or Mark would interfere, they would most likely never see it. These private forums are a lot less moderated then the rest of 'poly...

DeepO

Comment

Originally posted by DeepO
          I'm unsure on what is happening here, indeed, cheating doesn't seem very likely. but 5 techs from huts? they aren't expansionist, are they?
          What difference does it make? They have the whole landmass to themselves, there is no race for the huts.
          "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
          And the truth isn't what you want to see,
          Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
          - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

It's only the likelyhood of Barbs that gets affected by the Expansionist trait.

As for the moderators, just the threat of them being able to read the forums would make any cheating going on 'publicly' in their own forum a very real danger to ruin the rep of everyone on the team. I can't see anyone going for it.

Comment

Re: recent reports of a GoW galley under barb attack...

Barb galleys are only a concern to our ships. We have no ships, therefore they are not a concern.

We're fine.

Shiber: Boring isn't bad. In fact, I think boring is probably good. Lux wasn't boring... they're toast. Vox isn't boring, and what does that make them? Largely it makes them a pain in the ass. If being perceived as "boring" lets us fly under the radar a bit, great! So when we open up a giant, supercharged can of whoopass on someone, it will come as a surprise.

-Arrian
              grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Barb galleys do push laborers off of any tile they end a turn on (which is especially annoying with fish). That shouldn't be a concern for us for quite some time, though.

Comment

In regard to tension on Bob- unless GoW is just bluffing to get our sympathy, or playing very very cautiously- i bet they are in a pretty bad situation, and ND is literally waving the sword in their eyes, ND staring to the North towards their prime lands, and RP playing "neutral" and probably laughing all the way.
                  Save the rainforests!
                  Join the us today and say NO to CIV'ers chopping jungles

Comment

Originally posted by alva
                    GF
                    GoW, ND, and Roleplay are on Bob, GS and Vox are on Other Bob, the [u]island between[/i] Lego and Bob is Baby Bob, and Lego is on Not Bob.
                    Did we know this already? not sure..
                    Yes, GoW told us that they are searching for iron overseas, and that they have found one island already, though no iron deposits can be found there.
                    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Working...
                    X