No announcement yet.

Invasion date delay

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Having a chain would be best, of course, the question is more one of where, and how much resources we want to put into it. I would feel a lot more comfortable if we could destroy the BS stack before starting one, specially becuase we will automatically count on that chain, once it is there, to reinforce our troops.

The other reason is a question on what we build in the few turns right after our marines are ready. Bombers, fighters, defenders for a couple of turns, means we don't need a chain as we have nothing to ship to Legoland. And perhaps we don't need bombers that urgently, but the others we do need. We can't trust either ND or GoW, and we will be leaving Stormia relatively unprotected. And Lego has bombers, which is going to be our main problem when protecting transports, much more then the BS stack.

PS: subs take out transports 15 out of every 16 times (both vets). Transports only defend with 4, subs have 8 attack. That's not a risk, that's more like a certitude

PSS: I'm going to play the save later tonight, I've got to run. The WE has been hell, I had no time to spend on this game... and I don't want to rush with these critical decisions. So allow me time to think on all of this, including how we can get extra transports and DDs without paying too much. Blizzard and Hurricane will be switched to transports in the build phase of next turn, which means an extra 2 of them right away (3 requested, so that's close allready). I'm very hesitant to use rifles to shortrush transports, as I think we're short on defenders as it is. But we've got a couple of MI left, and if necessary can use a worker to give the initial 2 shields (the rest can be done with gold).

Next turn, we should have the CIA built, and can check how much money we need to spend on inserting a spy, and how much money we have for extra rushes. If GoW goes for radio, cash won't be a problem, even if we can't be foolish in how to use it.

DeepO

Comment

What does the current GoW crisis and potential turn play by Trip do to this timeline?

Comment

Well it won't do much for their build schedules if MM is needed. They wouldn't be setting off like us next turn, so it might not affect the timing of attack, but if the right units aren't built ...

Comment

Well, if Trip plays like he says, not moving any unit... That would automatically move everything one turn behind, I would guess. It could be that all the ships are already present, and only need to be loaded (normally next turn), but I would expect these still need to be moved from somewhere.

We would be prepared, though... as long as we know whether GoW delays or not, we can adapt.

DeepO

Comment

So Panzer, with vocal reluctance expressed on the main forum, managed to play the turn.

I need to clarify this from Panzer:

DDay is 1260 AD, right? This is the turn that we land on Lego's shores? We are going to have to declare war in 1250 AD (2 turns before DDay) to sink some sentry ships. Am I right in my thinking?

Should I say that it is 1265, not 1260? Are we still in fact working to the following timetable, as sent to GoW by Vulture? :

238 1230 GS southern task force loads up and moves out from T-5 to T-4
            239 1240 GS South moved from T-4 to T-3
            240 1250 GS Northern group sets sail, GS South moves (T-3->T-2) GoW group sets sail
            241 1255 GS North and South move (T-2->T-1)
            242 1260 All groups at T positions, hoping not to get to slaughtered by Lego
            243 1265 D-Day. Amphibious invasions by GS and GoW

Comment

This is, as I see it, the time table now. It's slightly adapted from your quote, but not too much different.

239 1240 GS Deep South moved from T-4 to T-3
              GS South and North in port
              240 1250 GS South and North sail, with empty transports in North.
              GS Declares war, and attacks pickets.
              GoW group sets sail (?)
              GoW declares war, and destroys pickets? (one turn before really necessary, but for the diversion)
              241 1255 GS North and South move (T-2->T-1)
              GS North gets first chaining reinforcements
              242 1260 All groups at T positions, (hopefully with extra chaining)
              243 1265 D-Day. Amphibious invasions by GS and GoW.

GoW is now proposing to declare war one turn later. They can do this, as they can reach their targets in 2 turns, instead of in 3 like we do. However, it would be best for us if war is declared simulatenously.

Should I say that it is 1265, not 1260? Are we still in fact working to the following timetable, as sent to GoW by Vulture?
              Well, more or less... end dates remain unchanged, only specifics have changed.

DeepO

Comment

OK, message sent.

I shall be away from Fri 22nd to Thurs 28th. A sudden opportunity to spend a few days in beautiful Lisbon has arisen which needs to be grasped I expect to have some Poly access (our hostess is a bit of a civver ) but it may be limited. I asked GoW to copy DeepO on any messages in case I don't react in time and likewise, DeepO, if I haven't sent something urgent, you may need to drop GoW a note if necessary.

Whether GoW manage to hold themselves together long enough to make the party though remains to be seen ...

Comment

CH, enjoy the trip! And no worries, I'll keep the ambassador's chair warm for you

DeepO

Comment

Have fun CH. Pity it is too late to watch the Euro championship...
                    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Working...
                    X