X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RP, 10ad

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

War by committee is not a good thing. When deciding to leave Vigo with one pike, we all neglected to take into account that a single MI from the mountains could get lucky. Damn!

Critical Issues
    Ansars at Vigo 2 2 1? The worker can take a peek.

Counter Attack ND stack 1 of Z

Reinforcements from P to Z and S. How many of which to where?

Short rush pike in NM and switch to Horseman.
    Last edited by notyoueither; July 26, 2003, 19:04.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Message accompanying shots.

I have posted new "before" shots on my webpage. The URL is exactly the same as last time:

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

Latest news coverage, email, free stock quotes, live scores and video are just the beginning. Discover more every day at Yahoo!

I have posted unit counts in our RP forum so any of the team members can give them to you. Nothing very unusual in the counts.

ND has exposed themself to an attack from us from Zaragoza. We have the following units in Zaragoza:

4 pikes, 7 inf, 1 catapult.

I will be gone most of the day, as will BigFree (our acting Lord Chamberlain -- sort of like our Prime Minister, 2nd in command). We plan to do the save late tonight, probably around 11-12 PST.

--Togas
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)

Comment

damn I wish we had moved the cats to Z last turn.

Would have been good timing-ansars are healing in leon. Now they are probably ready to go on another attack.

I guess ND is wanting to get rid of the river defense bonus, eh? Or they are going to pillage the roads around Z and kill it that way.

Obviously you take the shot with the cat. Then do you attack the stack? 7 mi's. What are they up against? If its majority pikes, then don't strike, its a head fake to use up units. If majority mi's then maybe strike with 4 or 5 of the mi's, hopefully only one or two losses.

Comment

I think it payed off well not to put the other units in. They were dead in Vigo, why waste them on such terrible odds? ND has enough Ansars to have taken Vigo either way.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
            I think it payed off well not to put the other units in. They were dead in Vigo, why waste them on such terrible odds? ND has enough Ansars to have taken Vigo either way.
            Agreed, Vigo was a guaranteed loss. At least now the pikes are on the mountains to guard the south.

Oh and one thing I would ask is that the pike next to vigo cut the iron road. We can't have them rushing pikes in their new cities, can we?

Comment

2 Pikes, 4 Med Inf in that stack if it's just what was at Z4 last turn (no other slow movers could have made it to that tile for ND).

Against the 2 Reg Pikes, Vet Med Inf have 60% odds. Against the 4 Med Inf (all Vets?), they have 80% odds. Only 58% while defending against the Med Inf.

They should attack, but not kill the last unit there. If they get lucky, they'll hit the Pike with the Cat, and then be able to kill the other Pike and all the Med Inf, leaving the wounded Pike. Then ND will only have Ansars left to attack Z with. It could still hold if RP doesn't lose more than 1 or 2 units in the attack.

If ND gets to attack with their 4 Med Inf along with the Ansars, Z will be much more likely to fall.

RP's worker S of Vigo needs to check Vigo 221 as Ansars could be moving S there in the FoW.

It looks good so far. ND's offensive is now stalled. RP has only lost 4 Pikes and a Sword, so their forces are in as good a shape as can be expected.

-----------------

Oh, and make sure that RP moves through the build queue to NM and short rush the Pike (which should be switched to a Horseman). Knights are going to work well because of the city spacing.

Pillaging the Iron is a good idea Sleepy.

Comment

We can give them chivalry when, next turn?

i wish their spacing was a bit tighter,but I understand they had to fill the land quickly. I would love to shift a handful of units to Z, but they would be sitting dead to rights in the open....wait a minute, if i count correctly, an ansar could attack said units, but couldn't retreat fully to the city. What if we, say, moved 3 pikes, 3 meds, and 4 cats to Z 3-3. If they attacked, they would have to win 6 times to take the cats, and the winners would be sitting ducks to mi's from pamplona (who in turn would probably dead themselves, but then leon would probably be drained of ansars and I would trade 1 mi for 1 ansar all day) And if they don't take the bait, Z is significantly strenghtened.

Hmm. I haven't thought this out thoroughly, so probably flawed in some fatal aspect.

Comment

risking the cats might not be such a good idea, but getting a few units moving towards zaragoza is a good idea.

If ND assualts next turn and fails, then Z will still be weakened, and open to taking by newly completing ansars and that other stack that is moving up.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

asleep, if ND's ansars retreated to Leon-6 then RP would have to attack over a river if they'd want to attack from Pamplona, if I'm counting correctly.
                    "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                    And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                    Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                    - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Keep in mind that shoring up Salamanca might be a high priority as well.
                      (\__/)
                      (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by Shiber
                        asleep, if ND's ansars retreated to Leon-6 then RP would have to attack over a river if they'd want to attack from Pamplona.
                        That's true, nonetheless, they would be in the open, wounded, on the plains. Ansars are weak on defense, RP has several Mi that would be up to the task.

Comment

We received Chivalry from GoW on turn 121, so we need to wait till turn 132 to pass it on right?

-------------------

Retreat rolls could really screw things up. The Ansars would have pretty good odds in the initial attacks, especially against the Med Inf. Then RP Med Inf attack with decent odds across a river, with the Ansars retreat half the time back into Leon, except for the one which kills the last RP unit in the initial stack. It probably ends up with RP trading ~12 units (if ND disbands the Cats) for ~4 Ansars.

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson
                            We received Chivalry from GoW on turn 121, so we need to wait till turn 132 to pass it on right?

-------------------

Retreat rolls could really screw things up. The Ansars would have pretty good odds in the initial attacks, especially against the Med Inf. Then RP Med Inf attack with decent odds across a river, with the Ansars retreat half the time back into Leon, except for the one which kills the last RP unit in the initial stack. It probably ends up with RP trading ~12 units (if ND disbands the Cats) for ~4 Ansars.
                            Ah, that's no good then.

Does Leon have a barracks? It could be to our advantage if they don't and have some wounded ansars there, speed up the recapture.

Comment

True. They can snatch Salamanca below our feet with healed ansars, or force RP to spread their defenses too thin.
                              "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                              And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                              Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                              - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Working...
                              X