X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RP 10bc situation

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Well some of NDs strategy looks okay - the temporary fort to act as a base for the assault against Zaragoza isn't a bad idea, although in practice I don't think it is going to make a lot of difference. They've split their ansars up, which is good. By the looks of the it Zaragoza stack could be entirely slow movers - can we get info from RP on stack compositions. The few Ansars heading to Vigo are good - not enough to guarantee taking the city, but enough to weaken their main stack a bit more.

I guess that they have about 7 ansars in Leon - the defenses were two fortified vet pikes and one unfortified elite sword IIRC, with no walls - probable losses taking the city are 1 ansar killed, 1 retreated on 1 hp, 3 injured but victorious. Two ansars are headed for Vigo, leaving 3 healthy ansars in Leon, and at least two turns wait to quell the resistors and heal the injured troops (come to think of it, 3 of the injured ansars are outside Leon, necessarily, if one retreated, and are on the fog of war tile adjacent to the town. Leon itself therefore contains on average 3 healthy ansars and 1 injured one. With 2 defence and no healing while the town is in resistance, that might be worth a counterattack by RP, if they can spare the troops (MI don't contribute much to defence beyond numbers after all).

Comment

Damn, I wish you were around earlier, vulture.

OTOH, what if 4 or 6 more ansars came from Marlowa into Leon, and are unknown to us?

If we get an exact OB from RP, can someone do a force estimation on ND, given that they are Average vs RP?
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

footnote: correct me if I am wrong, but there is nowhere the Vigo ansars could have come from apart from the ND stack is there? And that stack had 10 ansars originally.

Comment

The Zaragoza 4 stack is 2 pike, 4 MI. 1 of each reg.

Santiago 2 is 2 ansars. 1 wounded.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)

Comment

nye - how would they have enough moves to get to Leon - the road network to Leon only goes through Zaragoza and Vigo, or otherwise through RP territory. They wouldn't have enough moves, surely. (I'd better go and check that though).

Comment

Originally posted by vulture
              footnote: correct me if I am wrong, but there is nowhere the Vigo ansars could have come from apart from the ND stack is there? And that stack had 10 ansars originally.
              Incorrect, could have come from Marlowa after the settler pop.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

Is there are road from Marlowa to Fort Whatsit? I can't see on my screen - the FoW section is too dark.

Comment

Marlowa-road-Fort-grass-grass or plains to the gates of Leon.

All of the attacking forces could be other than the 10 ansars we have seen.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)

Comment

please tell me those 2 workers were captured and disbanded by RP...

DeepO

Comment

Originally posted by vulture
                      ... Fort Whatsit? I can't see on my screen - the FoW section is too dark.
                      From what I see, it looks like Fort Dreizack (Fort Trident).

Comment

Ummm... If I look on the map again, it looks like a trident indeed. Marlowa - Fort Dreizack in the north, and Santiago - Leon - Zaragoza in the south. May be it's an indicator, that Z will soon be attacked?

Comment

Awwww. Damn I wish you guys had been around.

RP kept the two pikes who started in Pamplona there. Aeson and I were concerned about the possible number of ansars in Leon, and encouraged that.

If I had known the name of the city, and the meaning...

Let's see what happens.
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)

Comment

SR, why couldn't you have cracked that before RP played their turn. J/K good work. They will meet their deaths either there or pamplona, matters not.

Comment

We should encourage RP to take their time. There was no need to pass the save along this evening.
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)

Comment

Working...
                              X