No announcement yet.

PTW DemoGame II - An Izzard team? ;)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will join if the official bible is the Gospel according to St. Bastard, and we are all member of the Psychotic Bastard religion.
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Theseus. Absolutely. Clearly the national anthem must be "God attack the Queen."

-Arrian
      grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

and bite her bum.
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

Ahahahaha

I so must join this team. My girlfriend insists that I do (she's the one that introduced me to Eddie Izzard).

Comment

I knew you wouldn't be able to resist Theseus.

Shiber: We've been spamming ... erm, I mean posting in the main PTW II thread in the public forum today. I've also said in a couple of posts that I welcome (and encourage) any non-GS members. We've already got one, in fact, and I've never seen him post on the Strat forum either.
            I don't think we need a whole thread to ourselves. Not yet anyway.
            Other teams have just 'presented themselves' with little or no warning. Most of them with half the members we have. I really don't want this to be seen as 'another Strat forum team', but I accept that is a slight risk.
            Hopefully the fact they we'll be playing as England and that we're not going to super-analyse every little thing (and play our turns very quickly as a result) will help our image.
            Last edited by FrustratedPoet; April 28, 2003, 15:02.
            If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by ixnay
              Ahahahaha

I so must join this team. My girlfriend insists that I do (she's the one that introduced me to Eddie Izzard).

Welcome aboard! You clearly have a very good taste in women, mate.

Comment

/me thinks FP is already having the time of his life and it hasn't started yet
                -
                More members maybe;
                Skanky, Spikey...
                -
                And the printer bit is incredible...propably my favourite along with the:
                I've I've whiped a file??..??.. I've whiped all the files...??? I've whiped the internet !?!?!? I don't even have a modem....

-
                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

A couple more random thoughts:

We have to found a city named "Burundy" (sp? You know, President of Burundy).

Perhaps a city named "Cup of Coffee."

Perhaps two Plymouth's, preferably seperated by some water. "Is this Plymouth? We've just come from Plymouth? We've gone 'round in a circle, lads, back on the boat!"

I think we really need to take a shot at the Hanging Gardens. "And, if you don't know the geography, it goes: Poland, Czechoslovakia, Egypt, Argentina, THE HANGING GARDENS OF BABYLON, and then Switzerland."

-Arrian

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

All great ideas!

The Plymouth one is my favourite, we've just GOT to try and do that at some stage.

(the correct spelling is "Burundi", by the way .... I know because I learnt them all when I had chicken pox )

There's another sketch, that you prolly haven't seen, about the Carthaginian's attack Rome over the Alps. Given the nature of Civ I'm sure we can get plenty of fun out of this one:

And the Carthaginians as well! Oh, they gave the Romans hell! Because they attacked Rome, the Carthaginians did, over the Alps on elephants… and the Romans were never expecting that. The Romans were there, going, “What? The Carthaginians attacking? God! I knew it! What? Attacking over the Alps? Damn! I knew they’d do that! What? They’re coming on elephants? Where did they get the elephants? There aren’t any elephants in Europe! This I’ve gotta see… Are you sure? You sure it’s just not a typo mistake? ‘The Carthaginians are attacking, they’re coming over the Alps in their element’? Happy, you know? They’re coming on ****ing elephants…”

Comment

The transcipts to Definite Article, Glorious and Dress to Kill can be found at the following site:
                      Fansite for comedian and actor, Eddie Izzard. Get the latest news, articles, reviews, interviews, merchandise, photos, links, tour info and much more.

(look under the "::stuff::" section)

It is far less funny when you read it, because you miss Eddie's distinctive and hilarious delivery, but hopefully you'll find them worth reading anyway.

Comment

If some other team plays Rome, we will be merciless.

No helmet, bzzzzzzz... Ciao!

Comment

FP,

Yeah, I'm sure something is lost if you don't get to hear & see him deliver the lines.

"And Mussolini said 'Right! We're all Fascist' but Italians are into football and life, and they're not fascists, so everyone sorta went 'uuh, ok. MMMMM... Ciao!"

-Arrian

Comment

Oooh, the transcript section just reminded me, though, we must call a major military operation the "Heimlich Manuever."

OMG... I've seen the act so many times, and yet this:

What is it, Lieutenant Sebastian?"

"It's just the Rebels, sir. They're here."

"My God, man! Do they want tea?"

"No, I think they're after something more than that, sir. I don't know what it is, but they've brought a flag." ( cracks up )

"Damn, that's dash cunning of them!"
                            Still made me

-Arrian

Comment

Oooh, Definite Article looks good. Still, hard to tell in print form.

(as quiz show host) “Hey, it’s 8:00 o’clock, it’s ‘Who Gives a ****?’ (sings quiz show music) You don’t even know what you’re watching, and I’m Charlie Smiles, and here it is, it’s ‘Who Gives A ****?’ Two teams of five! Steve, tell us a bit about yourself!”

“Well, I…”

“That’s great, Steve!” (sings quiz show music) “And something happened to you when you were 2.”

“I was shot dead by a duck… wearing Blakeys.”

“Sounds good, Steve. This game is very, very simple and very similar to all the other games in the world. You’re gonna pick three things out of a hat, put them together into a small bag. If you choose the things off the conveyor belt, put your headphones on, go into the booth, listen to some music, come back out, act out a scene from ‘Othello,’ make a pie out of pastry, act out another scene, sing a song, and then, if you do that, you win a sausage. Do you wanna do that?”

”Sorry?”

“Okay, you don’t go home empty-handed, ‘cause we’re gonna cut your hands off!” (sings music from quiz show again) “Do you want to see what you would have won? Do you want to see what you would have won? You would have been president of the world! 3 billion people as your slaves! Instead, you’re gonna spend your entire life living in a ditch… with poo on your head!”

“Oh, thank you very much.”

-Arrian

Comment

Btw, it seems we will be needing a flag
                                Ixxy ???
                                I was thinking:
                                Upside squirel covered in make up on skies coming down the alps How does that sound?
                                Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
                                Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

Working...
                                X