Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PTW DemoGame II - An Izzard team? ;)

Link: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...29#post1946729

I know that most of us, including me, said we didn't want to be involved in the second PTW demogame for various reasons.

However, after noticing that dejon is planning to set up a Monty Python themed team, with lots of messing about and funny roleplaying involved, it struck me that we might want to do something similar.

Now I know that Arrian, Theseus and alva are seemingly as obsessed with Eddie Izzard as me. Is there any interest in setting up a themed team along these lines?
    (Alva and I could no doubt bore everybody with our encyclopedic knowledge of Red Dwarf as well, to expand the focus of the team )

It wouldn't require a lot of effort. We could follow the Voxian model of running a demogame team - ie. chat a bit about strategy, but basically just play it like a succession game - not taking it too seriously and the person who plays the turns is just whoever has some spare time when the save arrives. This is an important point. Obviously is would be a far more relaxed game than the current one.

I think it would be lots of fun, especially conducting diplomacy while trying to get in as many Izzard references as possible. ("Do you have a flag?" etc etc...).

So, is anybody interested?

(btw, I'm posting this in the GS forum because I know that 3 of you will at least be tempted by the idea of an Izzard team. If we can get 3 or 4 of us signed up in here then we can recruit on the public forum for more people if we want.)
    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

I was thinking about joining the Monty Python team. It's my natural choice, considering the Sir part of my login. Being Sir Ralph of Tintagel or similar could be fun. Alas, I'm not going to play in this game.

Comment

Izzard rules!

"Did I leave the gas on?....NO! I'm a f*ckin' squirrel!"

"and what could be more surprising than the 2nd Batallion's Cross-Dressing Brigade?"

-=Vel=-
      The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

Ok, FP, I admit you've managed to tempt me.

Our first declaration of war: "I came XYX for Izzardia!"

"You can't claim us, we live here!"

"Do you have a flag?"

-Arrian
        grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

Makes me feeling poor and backwards. I don't even know who Eddie Izzard is. I just Google'd him, and frankly, never saw that guy.

Comment

Originally posted by Velociryx
            "and what could be more surprising than the 2nd Batallion's Cross-Dressing Brigade?"

Yeah, all our armies will have fantastic make-up and fantastic guns!

Comment

A new world is about to open SirRalph

-
              Damn FP, that is tempting and a great idea...
              Perhaps mixing it with Red Darf? Red Izzard..something like that

You can count me in for sure though.
              We wouldn't have to do any dressing up, do we
              Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
              Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

"As we all know, one of the main elements of attack is the element of Surprise! And what could be more surprising than the 1st battalion, transvestite brigade? Airborne wing... the airborne wing, parachuting into dangerous areas with FANTASTIC makeup, and a fantastic gun! Opposing forces would all be looking up going 'f*ckin' hell, look at these guys! Oh, they got guns! Where's my gun! Oh, bugger. I was so surprised, where you surprised?"

It worries me slightly that that's almost word-for-word.

-Arrian
                Last edited by Arrian; April 28, 2003, 12:19.

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

The transcripts of his shows are awesome, they reproduce every little stutter and half-sentence as he rambles through his act.

The Izzardians member list so far (feel free to edit your own name in here if you want to join):
                  FP
                  Arrian
                  alva
                  Shiber
                  Big Crunch
                  (Vel??)

Do any current or prospective members (other than me and alva) have an opinion on introducing a Red Dwarf theme to run alongside the Izzard one? There's a lot of great source material for roleplaying and joking around if you know the shows, but if it's only me and alva who are Red Dwarf fans then it's kinda pointless including it.
                  Don't worry if you aren't keen on this idea - Eddie can keep us going through the game on his own if need be.
                  Last edited by FrustratedPoet; April 28, 2003, 13:29.

Comment

I love red dwarf, but they don't really play it here any more (at least not that I've been able to find), so I haven't seen any new ones for the past year or two. My Monty Python is obviously not up to snuf either (I'm going to have to work on that). I don't think I'm going to join another team though, I can hardly keep up with this one.

Comment

I must confess to never having seen Red Dwarf. All of that would go right over my head.

-Arrian

Comment

Yep....that's the one, Arrian! As for me in a game....I dunno....'tis very tempting, and wonderfully thematic, that's for sure....what version would it be? PTW I assume, is a given? Latest patch then?

-=Vel=-
                        The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

I was so pleased when the first series of Red Dwarf came out on DVD - I finally got to see the "Everybody's dead, Dave" bit again, which had me in hysterics the first time I saw it many years ago. Ah, nostalgia...

Not that I'm joining the team, mind you.

Comment

/me shakes his fist at the people who won't join!

Vel: It has to be PTW, otherwise how would we play multi-player? I don't know what patch it would be ... at the moment I could only play 1.14. I'll ask on the main public thread....

/me shakes his fist at Firaxis for not localising the 1.21 patch yet!

Comment

OK, it looks like we're sticking on just the Izzard theme, unless another Dwarfer turns up. That's cool, Eddie's the man!

Comment

Working...
                              X