Legoland thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, everybody!

Thanks to Tiberius and his invitation, I have realized that the PtW demogame is a bit different from what I thought (PBEM with several human teams, unlike the vanilla demogame). This sounds like much more fun to me. May I join? I do not have any emotional ties to Lego, but I believe I am a builder in my heart, so I hope I will not interfere...

Just a regular membership, please, I have no idea how much time I will be able to spend on this.

Cheers,
    Radek

Comment

all we ask is that you are active in the team forums, voting in polls, giving some of your ideas.
      Donate to the American Red Cross.
      Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

A NOTE TO ALL MEMEBERS. WE HAVE VERY IMPORTANT THINGS THAT WE ARE DISSCUSSING IN THE LEGO LAND TEAM FORUM. I NOTICE THAT ONLY ABOUT 8 PEOPLE ARE ACTIVE IN THE TEAM DISSCUSSIONS AND VOTING IN POLLS. WE NEED EVERYONE IN TEAM TO COME TO FORUM AND GIVE US YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION AND GIVE YOUR THOUGHTS TO US. SOON WE WILL BE VOTING ON A CONSITUTION AND ARE DRAFTING ONE NOW. IF YOU WANT YOUR VOICE HEARD COME TO THE LEGOLAND TEAM FORUM NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
        Donate to the American Red Cross.
        Computer Science or Engineering Student? Compete in the Microsoft Imagine Cup today!.

Comment

Notice : to enter our forum, follow this link
          (it cannot hurt to give the URL once more )
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Due to the attachment bug, I am posting the proposed logo examples here rather than in our private forum...
            Attached Files

Comment

This ZIP file contains the PhotoShop source files and the very 15x19 logo in gif format, in case we decide to use it.
              Attached Files

Comment

Spiffor correctly pointed out it would be better to use the Greek green, which we have chosen for our civ anyway. Even though it is not a major difference, I do agree that it looks better this way (the green is not as bright as before):
                Attached Files
                Last edited by vondrack; November 30, 2002, 06:21.

Comment

And here is the full collection of gifs and PSDs, updated with the Greek green, for those who wish to play with them.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Your current logo looks exactly like the Kongsberg Silver Mining company logo. The two hammers are also depicted on coins...
                    My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

The file

sorry, post used for an emergency situation
                      Last edited by vondrack; December 1, 2002, 21:48.

Comment

Hello dear mini-figs,

As member of Gathering Storm's diplo school, I am pleased to announce I was sent out as ambassador to the legoland team. I hope you will accept me as your contact point to the GS, and allow your ambassador to meet with me.

An ambassador has (for me) a few responsibilities, which I like to state in front: I will always try to be a middle man, try to share at least as much thought to your needs as to ours, and will try to represent your views to the best of my possibilities in my team. If you have any problems, please contact me directly, I'll see what I can do.

Similarly, I don't consider any proposed deal final (unless otherwise stated) but negotiable, if you don't like something we propose, just say so, and I'll see what we can do. The other side is of course also true: if we don't like something you are saying, I hope it is permitted to (politely, of course) object, and come up with alternatives. All this to have the best possible diplomatic contacts.

It would please me if all communication could be done via Apolyton PMs, with one important comment: all PMs I sent are by me considered semi-public, in that your ambassador is free to quote any part of my PMs in your private forum. In principal, PMs can also be quoted in other communication (e.g. to a third party), although I have to warn you that if we find out, we probably won't like it, and it will have repercussions in-game. But legally, all quoting is allowed. I hope you are willing to give me the same priviliges to your PMs, so I can quote them in our private forum as well.

Please note that English is not my mother tongue, and therefore some of my comments could be misinterpreted. If you find something fishy, or don't understand something, please ask me to rephrase it. Similarly, if you quote from my PMs, please quote the whole message instead of only a fraction, to avoid misunderstanding of some sentence taken out of its context.

I hope we will have many fruitful contacts during the duration of my ambassadorship to you.

Good luck,
                        DeepO

Comment

Welcome, ambassador ! We are glad to see you want to create a meaningful relationship with us, and we'll sure make our part to achieve it
                          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

An ambassador has arrived! Yay!

Break out the 1x1 cookies and 3k3 cakes!

Comment

I want some of those cookies and cakes! Good thing I'm diplomat to the Legoland team!! Yes!

These are good dense little things? What caterer are you using?
                              Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
                              King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
                              ---------
                              May God Bless.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer32
                                I want some of those cookies and cakes! Good thing I'm diplomat to the Legoland team!! Yes!
                                Welcome.

What caterer are you using?
                                Brick in a Box, of course. Only the finest for our guests.

Comment

Working...
                                X