Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think RP cities are just so damn corrupt the game doesn't even let you look at them!
    A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Upon the game loading up I choose:

MultiPlayer--> Play by email--> go to "Game Mode" and choose "load game"---> choose current save sent to us by GoW---> set turn timer to "none"---> enter password and play.

Comment

I guess if this fixes it, let's use it. Few shields more or less...

But, BF, be sure to check that all the settings are as they are supposed to be. The MP load has a nasty habit of messing with things, applying whatever you have set in your load screen.

Comment

But, BF, be sure to check that all the settings are as they are supposed to be. The MP load has a nasty habit of messing with things, applying whatever you have set in your load screen.
          Note to self: remember this when playing turns for CoD in the PTWDemoII. I think at one point I had heard this, but subsequently forgot it. Thanks for the reminder.

-Arrian
          grog want tank...Grog Want Tank... GROG WANT TANK!

The trick isn't to break some eggs to make an omelette, it's convincing the eggs to break themselves in order to aspire to omelettehood.

Comment

I have played and sent it along to Beta and Roth. Lets hope that this works.

Comment

Using BigFree's method to load games (using multiplayer, etc), I have loaded and loaded the current save (330ad) and it continues to crash when selecting certain cities.

I am going to consult with BigFree when he gets back online and see if he can figure this out.

--Togas
              Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
              Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
              Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
              Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

Oh crap Don't you just love how well PtW works ?

Btw, are they (the crach causing cities) by any chance the gifted cities? 'Cause the solution is simple: STOP GIFTING CITIES!
                "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                --George Bernard Shaw
                A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                --Woody Allen

Comment

Crap.
                  The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

sigh

Comment

I have a bad suspicion that this game will never see the finish line.
                      Aggie
                      The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

I have never used the feature, but isn't there a "scroll to next city" command ?
                        Perhaps this will allow you to view each city ?

And as a metter of interest. What cities are causing the problem ?
                        Pampalona ?
                        Or the Bobian cities that have transfered ownsership to GS and back ?
                        Or your new cities on N Estonia ? Which have transfered ownership between Vox / GS / RP / GS & RP again ?

And finally, is it neccessary to view these cities ? ie Are you changing the queue & workforce ? Or can we continue and hope it resolves itself on the next few turns ?

Can trip play ahead for a few rounds, to see if the problem disappears ?
                        "No Comment"

Comment

I figured it out, somewhat. You need to set the turn timer to "none" for some reason. Don't ask why, because I do not know.

Turn with Beta and Rhoth of Vox

Comment

What's up with Vox?
                            "The only way to avoid being miserable is not to have enough leisure to wonder whether you are happy or not. "
                            --George Bernard Shaw
                            A fast word about oral contraception. I asked a girl to go to bed with me and she said "no".
                            --Woody Allen

Comment

I am almost getting scared of opening the save when it arrives... Perhaps we are to join GS in the Society of Surprised-by-Lots-of-Immortals soon...?

Comment

Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
                                King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
                                ---------
                                May God Bless.

Comment

Working...
                                X