This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gramphos
    OK but what I still don't understand is if it was simply a matter of playing the save with 1.14, why did we need Gramphos to fix it? Wouldn't simply replaying the turn, from the last OK save, with the correct vesrion have done it.

(Gramphos - not trying to downplay your contribution, which is MUCH appreciated, just trying to understand WHAT the problem was and WHY the fix was not simpler.)

The problem I fixed was a one way ROP agreement that somehow had screwed up the game. The 1.14 problem was more a "someone tested my edit and thought I had corrupted the save while fixing the other thing"
    Ah. Understood now. Many thanks!!
    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by BigFree
      I have played the turn for RP....who do I send it to? Beta? I hope so...I sent it to him.
      So - i may have missed it above - but I gather we are REPLAYING the last turn. You had sent me the 280ad turn. On that assumption, I replayed it and sent it on to Lego.
      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

280 AD replayed by Lego and sent to nye, Shiber, Sir Ralph, and nbarclay.

Comment

Question - is GS going to take 24 hours to REPLAY turns as well??

Comment

In our diligent style, we are recreating all of the thread discussion in our private forum as well.
            The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
              In our diligent style, we are recreating all of the thread discussion in our private forum as well.
              Good, maybe you won't make the same crucial mistake you made last turn.

Comment

actually, I think that was two turns ago, right Theseus, your critical mistake????

Comment

All of the heathen would be dead by now, but for that critical mistake.

Take warn, ye offenders... thine time is come (and gone).
                  The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

Well I'm back form vacation and am ready to play. Thanks Gramphos.
                    I wonder why GS takes 24+ hrs to REPLAY a save. Please tell me that you record your moves every turn and you don't have to do this from scratch and have to recreate the turn.(Actually no offense intended, we didn't keep good records until I took over and everyone made me write what I was actually doing. ).
                    Aggie
                    The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Originally posted by Aggie
                      Please tell me that you record your moves every turn and you don't have to do this from scratch and have to recreate the turn.(Actually no offense intended, we didn't keep good records until I took over and everyone made me write what I was actually doing. ).
                      Aggie
                      Records? What's this records stuff everyone is talking about?

At Vox, if you want to recreate historical events, you simply contact the Information Ministry.

Comment

Turn sent to ND.

Comment

Isn't this the wrong thread?

Comment

Not all of Vox has received the current save. Arnelos please send the save to rhothaerill AT comcast DOT net Thanks.

A PM has also been sent to Arnelos.

Comment

Yeah they moved to the Lego continent, their forwarding order may have expired.......

Comment

OK GS, what's up? The 24 hour turns get boring? Thought you would shoot for 48?

Sorry for the sarcasm, but what gives?

Comment

Working...
                                X