No announcement yet.

C3CDG Peace Negotiation Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You can wonder about Babylons motives. I have stated before that peace was brought to AM through this alliance. Babylon values peace for its neighbors, and this world. Our friends, BOH and Eu requested our assistance. We entered the war to help our friends. That is all there is to it.
    Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Friends and foes alike......my only response is to highlight these careless statements:

Originally posted by McMeadows
      It's simple, Euphorica has voted DR off the map.
      The only peace negotians going, could be those over which tribe the DR's want to join after the dust of war settles.
      Lest we forget. And rest assured, we shall not.
      So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
      Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

If there can be no seperate peace, as has been stated, I am unsure where Euphorica's position leaves us. Is McMeadows word the offical word of Euphorica?
        The Best Multiplayer Game Ever

Comment

Last edited by ChrisiusMaximus; July 5, 2005, 11:36.
          A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Skrobism, responding to the call for aide of a distant friend who finds himself threatened is the most noble motive, but McMeadows has just stated that Euphorica has purposely instigated this war of aggression. They face no threat but the neighbor they invaded, they face no danger that will not cease as soon as they agree to seek peace. To continue this war now is to make Babylon a full partner in this impure act. Is this the course Babylon wishes to persue in its goals of honor and love?

We have been lied to and misled and as a result our honest efforts at peace here have been impeded. You have joined the Three Nations Alliance as a powerful protest against Desolation Rows disregard of previous agreements. Let us use the languge of statecraft and diplomacy, backed by the force of conviction and respect, to restore credebility to international agreements. If you send troops to attack Desolation Row now, you will speak only in the Thieves Cant of extortion.
            Do you believe in Evil? The Nefarious Mr. Butts
            The continuing saga of The Five Nations
            A seductress, an evil priest, a young woman and The Barbarian King

Comment

Interesting developments Lord 1889. Your words, your diplomacy are duely noted. Yet I wonder where you were when minor border issues looked quite dangerous in the years of past...
              Gurka 17, People of the Valley
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
                Interesting developments Lord 1889. Your words, your diplomacy are duely noted. Yet I wonder where you were when minor border issues looked quite dangerous in the years of past...
                I may not have been playing or I may not have been aware of the situation, but now I am dedicated to resolving those issues. I do not think Desolation Rows infractions were minor, nor do I think the only solution is to eradicate them.

Let us expend just a little effort to find the solution that resolves this dispute. Then the next violator will face the united force of five nations with nobody to blame but themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by 1889

I may not have been playing or I may not have been aware of the situation, but now I am dedicated to resolving those issues. I do not think Desolation Rows infractions were minor, nor do I think the only solution is to eradicate them.

Let us expend just a little effort to find the solution that resolves this dispute. Then the next violator will face the united force of five nations with nobody to blame but themselves.
                  Interesting indeed... So you feel that we should all live in peace and then what??? await the arrival of some creatures off the night to carry of our young

or for the Desolators to then step out with a massive force and remove a nation...

what makes you so sure that 5 nations could then get their collectives together to deal with an aggressor

also what makes you so sure you can get peace to be a subject for consideration of all players at this time?

are you ready to step up and place more into this discussion than words?

are your Lords of the Night out prowling the lands?

or do you just sit in your castles utilizing your quill as the moon wanders the sky

well pleasant dreams to you of the time when all the lands are full of plump cities, when the leaders are happy and ready for the picking
                  I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy the Scot

Interesting indeed... So you feel that we should all live in peace...
                    Should we not even try? You enjoy peace with Euphorica. Clearly a nation can still thrive without sowing the seed of war in every garden.

or for the Desolators to then step out with a massive force and remove a nation...
                    How has Desolation Row become the embodiment of evil? They pose no greater threat than any other. They fight to defend themselves. They are also the only nation that I know to have expended the effort to research Republic, hardly a sign of aggresive intent.

what makes you so sure that 5 nations could then get their collectives together to deal with an aggressor
                    I do not, but I have faith in the intelligence and integrity of other nations to recognise that a transgression against a mutual code of conduct must be resisted.

also what makes you so sure you can get peace to be a subject for consideration of all players at this time?
                    Representatives of every nation, except Euphorica, have already made their contributions.

are you ready to step up and place more into this discussion than words?
                    Do you think that victory will require just one more army or one more battle? So many units have already been lost to gain what? Something Desolation Row may be willing to concede already.

are your Lords of the Night out prowling the lands?

or do you just sit in your castles utilizing your quill as the moon wanders the sky
                    You must bring the right tool for the job. Some issues can be resolved by force of arms, but no army can impose their will on our six powerful nation. Only open agreement can extricate us from this quickly growing conflict and prevent the wasteland of pillaging soldiers and lost resources.

well pleasant dreams to you of the time when all the lands are full of plump cities, when the leaders are happy...
                    I look forward to seeing you there.
                    Last edited by 1889; July 5, 2005, 01:28.

Comment

You must be enjoying producing all those words 1889, because it doesn't serve any other purpose.

There's been no lying and misledding, you just didn't want to see the situation. You use all that bla bla, and get bla bla in return, which both sides hardly understand.
                      don't worry about things you have no influence on...

Comment

You must be enjoying producing all those words 1889, because it doesn't serve any other purpose.

There's been no lying and misledding, you just didn't want to see the situation. You use all that bla bla, and get bla bla in return, which both sides hardly understand.
                        Ah man, I love it when you post.....you just crack me up

Comment

This crusade against Desolation Row has been presented numerous times as a reaction to that nations disregard of its promises. Clearly "Dave" was just an excuse to launch a premeditated attack, not the reason for it. That is lying and misleading.

You are well aware of the effect words can have. That is why you have seen fit to posted numerous times here and in the so called War Discussion Thread.

You can continue to rely on your armies if you wish, but to date, that is the arena where your effort produces naught.

Comment

Originally posted by 1889
                            You can continue to rely on your armies if you wish, but to date, that is the arena where your effort produces naught.
                            Friend, I presume it is Euphorican armies to which you refer. If so, I would ask.....what armies?

Comment

Lord 1889, Master of a very dark realm,

Your insights have an amazing way of making me stay awake through the hours of darkness..

where do you get these insights...

just who answers to your bidding?

or are your Dark Lords gathering insights through the blood infusions that keep them so powerful?
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

Maybe you should just go back to sleep for a bit actually.

Comment

Working...
                                X