This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There´s another option we might want to consider:
    How about playing the RAR mod, maybe on a Europe map? I did that recently and found it great fun while being quite challenging...

Just an idea, though.
    Heinrich, King of Germany, Duke of Saxony in Cyclotron's amazing Holy Roman Empire NES
    Let me eat your yummy brain!
    "be like Micha!" - Cyclotron

Comment

Sengoku is nice and long (and provided the options that we start as an island and refuse to build the UN-type wonder). We should also consider removing the regicide option. I know that I won my game because I defeated my largest rival (even larger than me) by sailing something like 40 samurai right next to his capitol and killing his predictably located Shogun.

We could also go AoD as an American tribe, with the goal of conquering a European homeland city.
      Join a Democracy Game today!
      | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

Originally posted by Micha
        How about playing the RAR mod, maybe on a Europe map? I did that recently and found it great fun while being quite challenging...

Just an idea, though.
        I would be up for a RaR DG, but it would take VERY long time (about a year+) I would think. May this would be an option if Civ IV turned out to be a flop and we all came running back to Civ III.
        Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

yes we will hopefully have some great options for Civ IV DG

and yes the goal here is to get another of the Civ III Conquests Scenarios knock off...
          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

re Civ IV
            This might be heresy but, I don't know why we all have to abandon Civ3 as soon as Civ IV debuts.

I already voted for AoD. The Japanese Conquest looks good, too. But I'll play whatever is decided.
            Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

thats not heresy at all matey

and something not talked about here

good point
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

Well, I was going to answer this one, but Modo44 covered it all.

Originally posted by skrobism

How is one to play to win as the Maya? I haven't tried that yet either.
                1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                Templar Science Minister
                AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Winning by VP via bringing back tresure requires less thought than single city victory for Meso Indians.

Trying to win via culture empire wide does. One city cultural is probably impossible for the Europeans without doing something extremely cheesy. (Stealing the first Mesoamerican tech, then combo of buying the techs [some of which my be ridicously cheap due to flavor bug] and reserach, and then building those indian wonders and buildings.)

Another possible challenging option is try to win on VPs as a MesoAmerican instead of culture. In this case most of the VPs would have to come via conquest, and in addition some tresure could be stolen and evenually some tresure structures built.

Originally posted by Modo44

Exactly why I suggested to play as one of the European nations. They have a much wider range of possibilities that probably require more thought.
                  Templar Science Minister
                  AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Naw. Too many structures, too many techs, etc.

Originally posted by Micha

Just an idea, though.
                    Templar Science Minister

Comment

Well, how about keep the rule in, but refuse to use it ourselves. (So we have to capture every non capital city of a civ before attacking the capital.)

Originally posted by Octavian X
                      Sengoku is nice and long (and provided the options that we start as an island and refuse to build the UN-type wonder). We should also consider removing the regicide option. I know that I won my game because I defeated my largest rival (even larger than me) by sailing something like 40 samurai right next to his capitol and killing his predictably located Shogun.

We could also go AoD as an American tribe, with the goal of conquering a European homeland city.
                      Templar Science Minister

Comment

Hum, 7 / 6 / 6 / 3 / 2

Still heavilly fragmented. How about a new poll without the WW II option?
                        Templar Science Minister

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
                          Well, how about keep the rule in, but refuse to use it ourselves. (So we have to capture every non capital city of a civ before attacking the capital.)
                          ahh an Honourable solution

I really like this time in Japan, ok far too many Samurai movies (sub-titled) when I was a youngster, along with some great Japanese television series on the era
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
                            Hum, 7 / 6 / 6 / 3 / 2

Still heavilly fragmented. How about a new poll without the WW II option?
                            done

Which scenario do we take on? Poll III
                            I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                            X