This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joncnunn
    I think in any case we'd want some kind of mod.

For the Japan one, in addition, perhaps an extra restriction upon ourselves that we'd never build the equalivent of the UN nor call an election if we aquire it. And plus we'd start on either of the starting smaller islands.
    hehe, you have a dangerous mind
    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Choices 1,3, and 4 were the ones that i was looking forward to. I stuck with my original vote "Age of Discovery".

Maybe we play one of the 'native' civs that are being invaded by the European hordes.
      Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Just finished reading the report of the mod for Irq for AoD at CFC.
        That group lost, so if we take their mod for it, we do not need to strengthen the AI nor do we need to play at a higher level than demigod.

In fact, we'd probably want to play it at Emperor and not DG.
        Their mod for Irq if I recall correctly is capital starts as size 3 and world domination is at 40% 40%.

(They lost to England, which racked up tons and tons of combat points and a few tresures from South America well out of Irq range.)

Originally posted by skrobism
        Choices 1,3, and 4 were the ones that i was looking forward to. I stuck with my original vote "Age of Discovery".

Maybe we play one of the 'native' civs that are being invaded by the European hordes.
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
          Hum, that one was won on Sid level in CFC by the Protoguese.
          Well, I played the Age of Discovery for the first time yesterday, on Emperor, as the Maya. It would be pretty easy, but I realized too late how the scenario needs to be played to win (It is very different to anything I knew.) As it turned out, the Spaniards beat me by about 5 turns, winning by score (I was going for culture, obviously.) Trying it as one of the European nations would be fun, methinks.
          Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

Oh, the CFC group as France on Emperor won an empire wide cultural victory. And with a restriction of no sacrifical alters, no worker slaying, no meso american wonders. (Ball courts being the only thing in the imeso american tree they could build.)

This was considerly more of a challenge for them than the group going for VPs as Protogual on Sid.

I haven't read 14D - 14G yet. (Spain, England, Maya, Inca)

They apprently skiped the Aztecs, but that's one tha I've won.

Originally posted by Modo44

Well, I played the Age of Discovery for the first time yesterday, on Emperor, as the Maya. It would be pretty easy, but I realized too late how the scenario needs to be played to win (It is very different to anything I knew.) As it turned out, the Spaniards beat me by about 5 turns, winning by score (I was going for culture, obviously.) Trying it as one of the European nations would be fun, methinks.
            Last edited by joncnunn; May 5, 2005, 15:56.
            1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
            Templar Science Minister
            AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

but I realized too late how the scenario needs to be played to win
              Modo44
              How is one to play to win as the Maya? I haven't tried that yet either.
              Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Originally posted by skrobism
                How is one to play to win as the Maya? I haven't tried that yet either.
                Very simple, providing your skills allow you to keep the European nations from killing you. If you try to grow a big and prosperous country (it is possible), some stupid AI will get the win. So drop it. All you need to do is survive until your culture wins the game.

Build nothing but culture in your capital. Nothing else. The scenario is too short, and your land too low on food to waste time.

Use your other cities (you start with one Settler in your capital) to grow and make as many Javelin Throwers as you can, to capture and sacrifice as many Slaves as you can. If you get under pressure (i.e. another civ too close to a win), attack every neighbour you can to get Slaves fast - even if that means losing cities! You only need to keep your capital in the end.

Use your GA to build at least one of the Measoamerican Great Wonders (Temple of something - whichever you can) in your capital.

Give in to any cash demands by the Europeans. Their units are scary, and you really do not want to be on the receiving end of an invasion.

Comment

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

well Modo, when you put it like that, it does not sound like it would keep this bunch interested for too long..
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy the Scot
                      well Modo, when you put it like that, it does not sound like it would keep this bunch interested for too long..
                      Exactly why I suggested to play as one of the European nations. They have a much wider range of possibilities that probably require more thought.

Comment

The thrust of swords the clanging of shields , what better way to spend an afternoon.

Well i just got approval from my boss to get broadband internet at home and company to pay for it. so now just awaiting a technician to complete the task and the GREAT RAZ shall return to playing soon......

WATCH THIS SPACE

Comment

Originally posted by Rasputin
                          The thrust of swords the clanging of shields , what better way to spend an afternoon.

Well i just got approval from my boss to get broadband internet at home and company to pay for it. so now just awaiting a technician to complete the task and the GREAT RAZ shall return to playing soon......

WATCH THIS SPACE
                          well excellent

took ya long enough
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

yeah i know, had to tread gently till i proved my worth ,onc ei told him how much work i can do on weekends from home with broadband he jumped at the idea...

little does he know

PS..

Justsaw your title as"Prince" thoguht you must have taken a huge PCR but checked members page and you still the greatest poster of modern history and nearly the greatest of al ltime....

Comment

Hmmm, mod....

/me makes a vacant stare off into the distance.

How about the AU mod??

E_T
                              Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                              Worship the Comic here!
                              Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

damn good to see you back old chap, damn glad

Long live Aussie Rules and your great team
                                I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                                X