Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dark Years under Emperor Donegeal

35 BC
    Emperor Don Assumes power of the Holy Polyroman Empire.
    His first order as Emperor, Kill all of the City Governors, and their families.
    Install Polyroman SS Governor in Burdigala to put down Celtic resistance in the city (I do this in cities I take over until the resistance is over because more often than not, when the resistors are supressed, they are unhappy and could put the city into disorder. Once Ressistance is quelled, I will remove the govenor.).
    Emperor Don signs peace deal with the Scythians. They give us 8 gold, we give WM.
    Emperor Don signs trade deal with the Scythians. They give 326 gold, we give Wines (we have so many wines laying around we could give some to everybody).
    Emperor Don signs trade deal with the Goths (should be expired by the time we attact them). They give 8 gold per turn. We give Wines.
    Work force readjusted to maximize Commerce in productive with out sacrificings any turns to completion.
    Work force readjusted to maximize Food (and then commerce) without sacrificing any shields not lost to corruption.

Regular Army of Legionary III in Agedincum Renamed to Polyroman SS Div I. This army then attacks a 2/4 Spear in Gergovia. VICTORY!!!!! No hit points lost. CITY CAPTURED!!! 50,000 Slaves captured! 40,000 Resisters! Polyroman SS Governor Appointed to put down resistance. Land area goes from 12% to 13%. New source of Iron captured(althouth I am sure it will get pilliaged next turn.
    WE ARE ON THE DOOR STEPS TO ALESIA!!!
    Elite Heavy Cavalry Kills Vet Galic Sword near Noviodunum. Down to 1 HP (is in no danger of being killed)
    Additional HC from Agedincum kill remaining GS on grassland by Noviodum. There is one Vet GS near by that will attack the stack. One HC will probably be killed, leaving 2 to assist with the assult on Noviodum (the one city in the way from capturing the last source of Iron for the Celts). Next turn, the Army 1st Maximus Equitus (HC Army) will attack with these two HC giving us 2 5 attack units and 2 7 attack units (against spears/GS).
    HC Stack moved west from Scythian front.
    Units spread out near Wines to Dye for as there are no Amphibious units in this game (I decided not to cover the other islands with units to divert attack to them instead of on the boot. Whoever suggested it, thanks! Good reason not to do it.)
    Massive rush builds (did not drop below 1200 gold)
    HC in Brundisium Charges accross a river and kills a Celtic Spear (3/4).

This was just the end of year 35. As I did not start the turn, does it count as one of my 5 turns?

Feel free to make up any stories you want. I will try to later, but I am not sure if I will have the time.

BTW, I am planing to play one turn a day, unless something comes up that warrant a stoppage and a poll. I will most likely be playing the turn from 0800 to 1100 Central. If you are available and want to chat during the turn, PM me and we can use the Poly room.
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Removal of a Governor

35 BC

Dom Aguilarus, the Governor of the city, yawned as he stretched looking over this pleasant view from his villa. “What a wonderful morning! Perhaps I’ll go into town and take a bath. RODRIGUS! Fetch me my robes! I have work to do!”

The pleasant morning went by with nothing happening. The bath was uneventful and Dom Aguilarus strolled into his office after lunch. He looked at his table. There was nothing on it. Nothing ever was. Why would there be? Rome is too far away to care what happens here.

There was a knock on the door and Alvaradus entered. “I bring word from Rome, your Excellency. There is a new Emperor!”

“Really? I thought there wasn’t going to be a new one for at least 20 years. Who is it this time?”

“Donegealius now sits on the seat of power. It is rumored that he was the reason behind Emperor Marcus Koreanus’s short term. And Valerius was never heard from. Donegealius was heard chuckling in the Senate when this news was given, although no one could pin the disappearance on him, it is strongly believed that he had something to do with it.”

“Bah! What do I care of Roman Politics? They are almost a month away! They carry NO weight around here!” “Begone now! I have the City Gala to plan!”

Life goes on in Theveste. Production goes slowly, but continues. Governor Aguilarus goes about his business opulence. Nothing changes. In comes a new Emperor and out they go, but the city remains constant.

A week has passed and we find Governor Aguilarus just entering his office after lunch and finding Alvaradus looking out the office window as if he was franticly looking for something.
    “What are you doing in my office, slave?”
    “Forgive me sir, but I have dire news from Rome!”
    “Bah! Rome doesn’t matter! Begone!”
    “Sir! Emperor Donegealius has decreed that all Governors are to be executed!”
    “Rome’s arm of influence cannot and will not reach here my nieve slave. Calm down.”
    “I can’t Sir! Emperor Don has formed his own police force. The Polyroman Strategy Servants. They are coming. His influence WILL reach Theveste! And the SS are executing the families of the governors as well!”
    “My poor slave! The reach of Rome will never come here, even with these Polyroman SS people. I will believe it when I see it.”

The next day, Aguilarus again strolls into office after lunch. He opens his door and sees a man wearing the red toga of Rome sitting at his table with a Legionary wearing the old blood red tunics on either side of him. He stops and stares. Off to the side he sees the body of his slave Alvaradus lying in a pool of his own blood.

“Are you Dom Aguilarus, Governor of Theveste?” says the man sitting at his table.

With a look of shock on his face, Aguilarus says nothing. After a moment he finally squeaks out “My children…” He turns to flee, but two more Legionaries wearing the blood red tunics shove him back into the office.

“Do not despair, Dom Aguilarus.” Says the man at the table. “Your family will be dealt with in short order.”

One of the Legionaries closes the door as the three others converge on Aguilarus.
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

The Capture of Gergovia

Donegealius looks over the Army of nearly 100,000 Roman Legionaries. His army. The first division of his Polyroman dream of global conquest. These troops are 100% loyal to both Emperor Donegealius and his Polyroman ideals.
      “Men! Our dream of a Polyroman Empire begins today, with you as the heart! We will start by destroying the barbaric Celtic way of life in Gaul! Let their massive iron swords break against the will of the Polyroman SS!”
      “The first task I put to you is the Conquest of all supplies of Iron to the Celts. One of their supply centers has been left open to attack by you, the heart of the Polyroman ideals! The battle will be difficult. Many lives will be lost, but the Polyroman sprit will be victorious! Now go! Cross the River Loue (I don’t remember the name of the river) and have your way with Gerovia!”

The Army marches out of Agedincum as the Polyroman Empire looks to expand. The march to Gerovia starts out smoothly on the well-maintained Roman roads, but they quickly reach the undeveloped borders of Celtic land. As the city lies on a hill, it can be seen from a great distance. It already burns from the attacks of several Roman Legionary units, but it has never faced an army armed with the Polyroman ideals of righteousness and superiority.
      The Army marches on across the open fields of grass until it camps outside the river Loue. Some of the population can be seen fleeing to the grass north of the city towards the Celtic capital Alesia. The battle is quickly planed for the following day. The commanders don’t want to give the battered Celtic Spearmen any opportunity to prepare.
      By the crack of dawn, the Legionaries have already mustered into formation. A small detachment of Legionary Engineers is off to the north building a makeshift damn to slow the flow of the river. The hope is that their efforts will negate the effects of the river on the assault of the city. Just a few hours after dawn, the legionaries move out to cross the river.

In these hills, it is impossible to stop the flow of a river. It still flows as the first ranks of Legionaries attempt the crossing. 10 feet in. No problems. 20 feet. The water is rising as the soldiers get farther along. Halfway and the water slows the troops, but only comes to their waists. An arrow here and there takes out a few of the Legionaries as they push through the water. Past the halfway point, the water starts to recede. The troops hasten their approach. The river will not be a significant factor. The Engineers have done their job. Then the order was given.

“CHARGE!!!!!!” and the rout was on.

Barely a hundred Legionaries were killed in the assault. Over 50,000 slaves were captured as the city fell to Roman rule. A temple erected in the honor of Emperor Donegealius was built immediately. Things were going great and then it happened. Celtic insurgents killed 10 Legionaries at the hastily set up Roman baths. The next day an entire platoon was cornered and slaughtered. It was quickly discovered that there was still a very significant portion of the population that did not share the Polyroman ideals. Emperor Donegealius appointed a Polyroman SS man as governor to quell this stinking resistance. Governor Vaderius arrived the next day to crush the rebellion.

Comment

Between Turns

Carthage moves alot of boats. Two stacks of 4 boats each are moving North by Corsica. Appears as if they are getting ready for an assult on either of the islands or the boot.

The Celts counter my aggressive push. They manage to kill one (yes only one) Heavy Cavalry (by the small stack I sent west to assist in the attack on Noviodunum). However, in the process of defeating this one unit, they lost five Galic Swordmen (two died attacking that stack, 1 died attacking Vestonio, and two others died in misguided attacks along the border).

The Macedon city of Halicarnassus culturaly flipped to us! I briefly thought about rebuffing the revolters because the Macedons are our friends, but then I remembered that accepting a flipped city does no damage to your rep (although it does slightly lower the opinion of you from the loosing country because you now have Population points of their nationality under your control).

Comment

Sounds like fun. Got any screenies?
          Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

30 BC

The purging of free-thinknig trouble makers escalates by the Polyroman SS. Thousands dissappear.

New units created last turn renamed Polyroman -type of unit-. Please don't rename these as I want to see how far along they go. I will not, and have not, renamed anything that already had a name (except for the Legion III Army that did not have a name).

Noviodunum CAPTURED! No units lost. Killed one spear and one galic sword. 10,000 slaves captured. 10,000 resisters. Polyroman Gonernor appointed.

La Tone CAPTURED! No units lost. Killed two spears and three galic sword. 20,000 slaves captured. The entire city is resisting (pop of three). Two Legionary IIIs and two Heavy Cav fortified to assist the Polyroman Governor that is now in place.

Assult on Alesia planned. There are two stacks, containing a total of 11 Legionary III's (four of which are Elite), 3 Fire Catapults, 1 Heavy Cav and 4 slaves. Both stacks are two turns away from Alesia. There is also a fast moving stack consisting of the Polyroman SS Div I and a Heavy Cav that can assist in either an attack on Alesia or Lutetia (the last Iron supply).

Wines to Dye For fends off another attack by the Persians. Units now in place so the island cannot be attacked. However, defending the island required the Legionary that was on the dyes to fight instead of roading. This will delay roading the dyes one turn.

Espania was cleared of all remaining Celtic forces when a Heavy Cav killed a wounded and fleeing Spear between Cenabum and Brundisium.

Woot!!!! That makes 4 cities captured in 1 1/2 turns. Now imagine whats gunna happen when the new Polyroman units get into the fray!!!!

Once again, I am planing on playing a turn tomarrow at about 0800 to 1100 Central. I can chat while I play, and if you want to contribute any stories (like additional stories about the purging of the Gonernors) to any of the events that have taken place, please do. Any story only adds to the depth of this game.

Comment

The Main Front

The two stacks closest to Alesia will march on the forest and hills to maximize defense for the during the assult. I haven't made battle plans yet for Lutetia. Next turn I will have something more concrete.
              Last edited by Donegeal; March 15, 2005, 12:57.

Comment

Can't get the image to appear, so here is a link....
                The Main Front.

Comment

Unable to play this morning. Will play two turns tomarrow.

Comment

looks great so far
                    Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal

Can't get the image to appear, so here is a link....
                      The Main Front.
                      could not help myself... here it is
                      Attached Files
                      Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                      I am of the Horde.

Comment

what happened to the tradition? Has the dark reign of emperor Don ended?

Comment

It was looking good. I hope Don and his merry SS return.
                          Banano Laŭrajta Registaro en Ekzilo - Bananoj gismorte!| Cows O' Plenty|Wish List For ciV | Ming on Spammers: ...And, how do you know that I'm not just spamming by answering him |"This is all about peace; and in the quest for peace you have none." -my son wise beyond his years

Comment

Re: The Dark Years under Emperor Donegeal

Originally posted by Donegeal
                            This was just the end of year 35. As I did not start the turn, does it count as one of my 5 turns?
                            How can you play the end of the turn but not the start, unless you were actually in the room when Masuro handed the keyboard over to you to finish the turn? I don't understand
                            So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
                            Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

Don't count me out yet, guys. I will hopefully finish my term tomarrow. Sorry for the delay.

Aqua, the reason i question it was because when I downloaded the save that Masuro post, some of the units had moved, but there were plenty that had not (it was as if he stoped playing in the middle of a turn and posted it). So I moved them and did my work force changes and governor purges. Captured a city in the process....

Comment

Working...
                              X