X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That turn should not count.

Comment

I disagree strongly.

Every Emperor to date has taken over from another Emperor who was in the process of doing things and moving units.

Every Emperor to date has inherited build queues and half-completed Worker jobs from the previous Emperor.

In this case in particular, if Masuro chose not to move certain units during his last turn, I fail to see what that has to do with anything......unless you're saying it's "unfair" that he didn't move certain units into positions where you wanted them to be at the start of your reign, to which I would say tough luck!

Why should this mean you need an extra turn?

[EDIT: you may of course be referring to units that Masuro put on auto-move, so their movement points were already used up at the start of your turn....in which case the answer is still tough luck!]
      So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
      Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

If Donegeal wants to play 5.5 turns it's OK with me.
        We are anyway going to start recycling old emperors, and Donegeals have done well so far. Play on. we old emperors should stay at "the upstairs" and drink.
        Neo Voxian and
        President and founder of the Apolyton Yact Club.

Comment

Originally posted by Aqualung71
          I disagree strongly.

Every Emperor to date has taken over from another Emperor who was in the process of doing things and moving units.

Every Emperor to date has inherited build queues and half-completed Worker jobs from the previous Emperor.

In this case in particular, if Masuro chose not to move certain units during his last turn, I fail to see what that has to do with anything......unless you're saying it's "unfair" that he didn't move certain units into positions where you wanted them to be at the start of your reign, to which I would say tough luck!

Why should this mean you need an extra turn?

[EDIT: you may of course be referring to units that Masuro put on auto-move, so their movement points were already used up at the start of your turn....in which case the answer is still tough luck!]
          However, for the sake of simplicity, it is easier if we allow him the extra half of a turn. How would you define half a turn for later Emperors to stop? Once we reach the last turn, do we assign another Emperor just to complete one half of a turn?

Comment

You're all missing the point!

My point was, and still is, that there is no such thing as half a turn, and the suggestion that 5.5 turns will be played is clearly ridiculous. If he's playing 6 turns, then let's just say that

Frankly I don't really care one way or the other whether the Emperor plays 5 turns or 6 turns, but I don't see how he can play 5.5 turns unless he's either inside a Tardis or on the Hogwarts Express!

Comment

so Don, you could play 6.2 then
              Gurka 17, People of the Valley
              I am of the Horde.

Comment

Donegal, your the emperor, you decide if you did enough orders your first turn for it to count or not.

And also on your last turn, you decide weather your moving no units, some units, or all of them and passing it on with end turn blinking. [In the last case, the new emperor just gets to give work force adjustment orders his first turn.]
                1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                Templar Science Minister
                AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I think this was mentioned somewhere in the Consitution/Rulebook/Holy Codex but I'm too lazy to check it now

Comment

Abrevated version:
                    25 BC Moved a bunch of troops around Gearing for BIG push on celts (yes, so far it has been small scale).

20 BC Continue to move troops. Attack on Alesia next turn. Carthage lands on middle island (I forgot name) with more boats coming (only 1 unit)

15 BC Alesia captured! Dyes roaded! Slider droped to 10% Lux! Now at +687 gpt! I forgot to kill the unit that carthage landed. It captures and kills a worker. 3 more Carthage HC land. I attack them using elites. TWO OF THE ATTACKS PRODUCE GREAT LEADERS!!! I used them promtly to build armies. They are on their way to mainland Europe.

10 BC BIG TURN!!!!
                    With troops in thier proper place, cities fall in succesion as new roads become available. Here is the order:
                    Lutetia captured! Last Celtic Iron supply taken!
                    Avaricum captured!
                    Defeat at Vellaunodunum! 2 spear killed. Lost a Legion III and an Elite HC retreated. 3/4 Archer showing.
                    Bibracte, the new Celtic capital, Captured! Lost a Legion III.
                    Vellaunodunum (part II) captured!! Archer was covering a 1/5 Galic Sword.

Polyroman Carthage settled at the old capital site of Carthage. Wonders give it Walls and temple. Barracks rushed. Warrior rushed in 10BC. I am rushing warriors instead of harbor because warriors upgrade to Legion III. Assault on Carthage main can begin soon. There are currently 7 Legion III there. One more boat load from scisily and I think that one of the two cities crunching it could be captured.

On the front line, I have most of the HC going to finish off the 2 celtic cities in the west, the main military in heading north to finish off the celts on mainland Europe. They have been routed. Celtic presence in Gaul could and should be removed by the next emperor. Peace with them can be made unless you want to take the fight to England.

Really sorry for the delay, and the lack of continuing stories. I do have one left, and I will post it later tonight or tomarrow morning. My term will be over at that time (unless you guys want me to finish off the Celts ).

Tallies:
                    1 Macedonian city captured! (Halicarnassus)
                    2 Great Leaders! (Fabius and Claudius)
                    4 New Cities Founded! (Spanish Gold, Polyroman Carthage, Plainol'cow and Golden Game)
                    8 Celtic cities captured! (Gergovia, La Tane, Noviodunum, Alesia, Lutetia, Avaricum, Bibracte, Vallaunodunum)

13 new /captured cites in 5 1/2 turns. Not bad....
                    Last edited by Donegeal; March 23, 2005, 13:09.
                    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
                    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Much of this is excelent, but why in the world did you form an undefendable city in the middle of Africa where it can be attacked from all sides?

Much, much easier to raize to the ground central African cities and wait to rebuild any until one of the attacking forces reaches the edge of Carthigan territory. (Either the Egyptian border for a force heading east or the Atlantic for a force heading west.)

I also note that there is no locked war with Carthage nor can we air tranist lots of Legonary IIIs in. A stack of 7 Legionary IIIs is great for attacking and raiziing cities to the ground but it is insufficent to both hold 1 city and try to raize another when there is a sea between our core lands and that city and so there is not a strong steady stream of reinforcements coming in.

In addition, in this particular case, merely by founding that city, several of our core cities are now slighly less productive.
                      Last edited by joncnunn; March 22, 2005, 15:35.
                      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                      Templar Science Minister
                      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

In two turns, the city was never attacked. Units can be easily supplied to the city from sicily, an underused productive island a mear 3 tiles away from the city. SO it has a closeby productive source of units and, as it has no harbor yet, for 40 gold a turn, a warrior can be built which can then upgrade to Legion IIIs at a significant reduction in cost (as opposed to rushing them).

Oh, and the cause for war with Carthage is an alliance with Egypt. I did not want to harm our reputation by breaking that alliance. However, it seems that it will expire in 3 turns so maybe use the city to take the two cites on either side (good producers for Carthage) and make peace, leaving us with 3 decent cities in the core of Carthage that are not going to be immediatly attacked.

Another note on progress. The dyes at Wines to Dye for has been roaded. I was able to drop the luxury slider to 10%. We are currently making +707 gpt.

We now have 15% of the land (up from 12 when I got the save) and 26% of the population (up from 24%). We need 20% and 50% respectively. I have built infirmaries in several core cities to try and help push that population percentage. They are building churches now to make sure their increased population remains happy.
                        1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Originally posted by Donegeal
                          I attack them using elites. TWO OF THE ATTACKS PRODUCE GREAT LEADERS!!! I used them promtly to build armies.
                          I presume you built an Army with the first MGL before generating the second MGL?

Comment

If you know another way of doing it, please let me know.

You are all hereby required to attend Emperor Donegealus birthday party to be held in the new senate building. Smiles and attendance are required (well, whadda ya know, it really IS my birthday!).

PS- RP only. Please don't spam the senate thread with smiles.

Comment

More notes on my strategy:

We have VASTLY superior units to the Celts (even when they had Galic Swords). Because of this, I went full bore and pushed the front as far as I could and as quickly as I could. I would only leave wounded units behind to heal/end resistance. I did not use the Fire catapults much, and really don't see much use to them when our units are already better then our opponets. Sure they come along, but a Legion III should still beat a fortified spear in a size 7-12 city without support. Remember this when playing....

Comment

Good work Emporer good work indeed

I agree about those fire cats useless against the celts but will do the job against those Macedonian Hoplites when the time comes
                                A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Working...
                                X