No announcement yet.

How about a $MiniGame Democracy Game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what the religious rank would be effect by, or effect. I suppose building religious building and donations..

If you want to start making images, or think up more in page layouts, go right ahead. I'm guessing a standard left-side menu table view.

Comment

Originally posted by Epistax
      Not sure what the religious rank would be effect by, or effect. I suppose building religious building and donations..

If you want to start making images, or think up more in page layouts, go right ahead. I'm guessing a standard left-side menu table view.
      Well, I'm not as familiar with religious title structure but in real life Cardinals and Bishops held territory and were just as involved in political structure.

Cardinal Richelieu of France comes to mind.

Comment

Here in america we put out religous men where they belong.

In jail for touching boys.

/me runs away really quickly

Comment

Originally posted by Epistax
          Here in america we put out religous men where they belong.

In jail for touching boys.

* Epistax runs away really quickly
          Hey, it was my state's former Governor who was in charge of that investion.

Up to the point that the Catholic Church decided they didn't want justice, they just wanted a cover up.

But this is a topic for the Off-Topic forums........

I'm going to do some research on Religious Hierarchy this weekend. When do you think you'll have a basic system we can do some testing with? I figure we can run some tests through it over a couple of days with a simple made up game to try and catch bugs and once we have it nice and pretty we can kick this sucker off.

Comment

I would be very interested in this as well

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Master
              I would be very interested in this as well
              Added you to the list.

I am going to make a illustrated example of the territory concept. Is there any way we can generate a random number or result with this software you are using?

I think it would be cool if we could hold jousts and such with Player's champions. If we could add a random element we could give them stats based on how well they did, and pit them against one another.

Comment

Damn, this whole thing is beginning to sound a lot like the CFC's DG2 RPG (except we didn't have the good sense to try to automate the process. ) Systems were set up to allow for tile purchase, the creation of businesses, etc. Players participated in occasional tournaments where their skills decieded the outcome (these skills were also well-recorded). You could even raise an army, invade your neighbor, and take their land.

Of course, this system was extremely complex, so I doubt it could be replicated in it's entirety. Still, I hope it serves as a place for new ideas and the like. This is the old ruleset, and this is the archived forum.

Ahh, to remember the days when I was High King of Fanatika, King of Doughnutia, Duke of Augusta, Count of St. Mark's Point, Baron of St. Johns' Land, and Knight of the Cedar...
                Join a Democracy Game today!
                | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

Epistax and Uber, how do I download and install the Apache server to my computer so I can try to learn it? The Apache download pages are broken into bits and pieces and I can't find documentation telling me exactly which files I need to download and how to install them.

EDIT: Nevermind, I found a tutorial website that had instructions.

Only now I can't download PHP as there appears to be no funtional source to download from.
                  Last edited by GhengisFarbâ„¢; August 8, 2003, 08:41.

Comment

There's one php which should be very small, and specifically for win32 users who don't have a clue. I suggest that one (that's the one I got

Comment

But its a dead link.

Comment

THIS IS NOT DEAD. I just have too many other things on my plate to start learning how to do all this programming from scratch right now. After I knock out some of my other projects I will start trying to figure out this programming stuff if Epi and Uber don't return.

Comment

We will hopefully start the game THIS WEEKEND in this thread.

Comment

Another forum?

Comment

I somehow doubt it would be easy to get a forum for this game on Poly
                              Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
                              King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
                              ---------
                              May God Bless.

Comment

Never seen that other forum before.. suppose I need to register there. Anyway, as I understand it we (again) have no webserver, so things will have to be done on paper for now.

Comment

Working...
                                X