No announcement yet.

How about a $MiniGame Democracy Game.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If I get the concept right, this is like a $Mini DG where the $Mini land owners are in control? Sounds awesome. I'm definitely in.
    meet the new boss, same as the old boss

Comment

as for military affairs, conquered cities should be the property of all those who participated in conquering it. for example, if me, GF, and mitchell conquer a roman city, we each own a third of it. if mitchell sells his third to me for a set amount of gold, then i own 2/3 of it.

should i have to buy all of it, or merely the majority of it?

apparently, i didnt read it all. we don't really own cities, we own tiles. noted.

really, i just want a lot of stuff for having a kicking army. maybe you should have to be a certain level before your armies work for you in that way? i suppose you'd have to be pretty high up to have a large enough army anyway.

also, where does all this money go when we pay it "to the crown"? how does this fake money relate to real money? what if we want to rush buy something? do we have to pay fake money to the crown to spend the real money? whats the ratio?
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by Uber KruX
        i've been trying to get one of these going form months. i'm rather busy right now (working 2 jobs), but i'll be more free somwhere around august 18th.

i have a webserver with php+mysql. www.r0x0rz.org. i can code. who wants some?
        Is there anyway to transfer mysql databases? (probably is).

There is just one issue I don't know how to get around with this whole thing and that's fraud. I can make people have to create an account, username/password, but there's no way I can link that to apolyton or restrict people in any way.... unless... ok I have a solution If you'd like someone to work with you uber, I've got time before you do.

Comment

Originally posted by Epistax

Is there anyway to transfer mysql databases? (probably is).

There is just one issue I don't know how to get around with this whole thing and that's fraud. I can make people have to create an account, username/password, but there's no way I can link that to apolyton or restrict people in any way.... unless... ok I have a solution If you'd like someone to work with you uber, I've got time before you do.
          yes, you can transfer mysql databases. i'm not too keen on sql commands off the top of my head (i code with a refrence book ) but i use a mysql manager called phpMyAdmin that i got from http://www.phpwizard.net/ , but they seem to be rennovating. i'm sure you can find it or something else on freshmeat.

i'm interested in hearing your soultion to combat fraud. although, if it's only 12-20 people, i'm sure we can make sure no one's an *******

if you wanna start coding, go ahead. i have some free time on the weekends, but summer is ending and my friends are hanging out more i can probably pump out some code here and there. i can give you FTP access to my webserver if you wish, and you could upload/test the stuff yourself.

i'll have to make you your own mysql user/pass though. lemme know if you're interested.

if you have AIM, send me an IM @ UberKruX (my desktop) or AmeriCommie (my laptop).

danke.
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

Sign me up.

Comment

me and epi have been talking, and we could get this rolling as soon as we have a very clear, very extensive set of rules from the Farb man.

EDIT:
              i gave him access to mySQL, and FTP access to the webserver. he said he'd work on the user system whenever he had the time.

the user system is the fairly easy part. basically, we need to sit down and design it before we even start coding. i've messed up a few times, and i know that a proper design phase saves time

Comment

i'd also like to ask GF to make a perdy html document for a FAQ / Rules sheet, with images if you wish.

also, does anyone want to design the webpage? i'm alright with graphics design, but if anyone can do better than me and has the time, sound off.

to check if you're better than me you can check my shameless plug. i mean websites.

in order of which ones i like better:

This website is for sale! r0x0rz.org is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, r0x0rz.org has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

This website is for sale! r0x0rz.org is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, r0x0rz.org has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!

yeah. if you have the time though, all you.

Comment

ad, would it be possible to save up my cash, and buy all 8 shares of a settler, and essentuially own the city until it expands?

Comment

Originally posted by Uber KruX
                    ad, would it be possible to save up my cash, and buy all 8 shares of a settler, and essentuially own the city until it expands?
                    Oh, I was planning on doing the same thing......

"I hereby elect myself Mayor of my city."

The ultimate ego trip.

I have a four day pass this weekend and can work on graphics. If we have this being computed by a program this can be a whole lot faster and better than the $MiniGame.

I will start compiled and cleaning up the ruleset and post it in the first post of this thread.

Comment

I prefer the krux2 best... darker backgrounds are harder to read.
                      Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
                      King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
                      ---------
                      May God Bless.

Comment

Ok I've done some work. I kinda stopped short when I forgot how to do a certain thing, but I've got logging, auction, user page, tile lists, etc. I'll have to look stuff up then do more after 'work'

Comment

Just a reminder, that I have Friday through Monday off and can playtest this whatever it is you guys are programming, I might be able to help if I knew what it is your working on.

I used to program C64's and I wrote the Access database that tracked, computed, and printed compensation checks for a Multi Level Marketing company.

Comment

No problem. Nothing I've done is online. As I told Uber the one thing I suck at is making things look good. That's something I assume you can do (seeing what you'ev done before). The PHP might be hard to navigate as the way it builds html in real time, but if you designed anything in straight up html I/Uber could adapt it into the code.

We could open up a private discussion about the basic layout of the website, or just talk about it here. My ideas on pages are:

Login Page - Allows users to log in either anonymously, or as their user. An expiring cookie can be used with a logout option for security.

User Page - open to anyone to view anyone's page. However options with a * are only viewable to the user:
                            A list of all owned tiles, of all owned buildings, of all outstanding debts, *of all current bids, money in the bank, *exchange money, *sell tile, *buy/sell building.

Tile Page - open to everyone, with * options only available if logged in.
                            Master list of every tile, their default value, owner, type, output, improvements, resources, *bid (if not owned and for bid), current bid price (if for auction). This list would hopefully be capped with a map and possibly separated by region.

Transaction Page: users only.
                            Player chooses another player for the transaction. Then sees a list of all belongings on both sides. With multiple selection, designs the transaction to take place. Transaction follows through when both players have logged in and made the same transaction. Until then it is a pending transaction and may be canceled.

I could think up more as I learn more about the actual game, mayorship, etc. I believe what I layed out so far would satisfy the basic demo game.

Comment

Hey, I'm not really into Civ3 anymore but if you want someone to make a map for this game who has some experience with the old Minigame I would be happy to crank one out for you people.
                              Proud member of the Hawk Party.

Comment

I've been adding the rules and concepts to the first two posts in this thread if there are any questions or better ideas on ways to do things simply post them.

Comment

Working...
                                X