Election: Domestic Minister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election: Domestic Minister

Whilst our warriors kill and maim in far away lands, who shall protect the families of future warriors at home with their public initiatives and build roads enabling drunken Berzerkers to sleep on their way to said mayhem? The Domestic Minister, that's who! But which of these candidates is worthy?

UnOrthOdOx
    GodKing
    E_T (confirmed)
    Banana

5 days until this post is filled and all counts are heard. That is until 0200GMT on Saturday the 19th of April, 4000BC.
    UnOrthOdOx
    50.00%
    GodKing
    23.91%
    Write-in (E_T confirm???)
    21.74%
    Bananarama
    4.35%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by MrWhereItsAt; April 13, 2003, 22:18.
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Sure, I'll run.... I just didn't really want to run against GK.

E_T
    Come and see me at WePlayCiv
    Worship the Comic here!
    Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

If I win, I shall name GodKing as my Vice DM.

E_T
      Worship the Comic here!
      Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Go E_T!

Comment

come on unortho...
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I'm waiting for someone to post up a campaign.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralTacticus
              I'm waiting for someone to post up a campaign.
              Well you already know how good E_T is, I guess your waiting to see what the others have to offer....

Why wait? You 'know' E_T's the MAN!

Comment

Actually, I don't know how good E_T is. Can you direct, me to where I can find out?

Comment

I've found out about his talents in the ISDG forum mostly. There are some more examples in the RP forum. I just figured that since you happen to be a member of both that you would've already been familiar with his talents, I guess I was wrong.

Comment

I don't follow either forum closely enough for that.

Comment

Ah, but you should, there's much to learn there; many wise men about....

Comment

Well, I was City Planner (under the old Con) and then the first DM (under the new Con) in the last game. I attended every Chat, I even ran a few of them. I've also learned a few things sense then, from some of our fine people in all of the forums and I hope to put them into practice. I Brought our Nation to the point of greatness, which my antecedent then finished up to get us our great Victory. I instituted the WorkForce (WF) system of City Worker management, for ease of issueing city orders.

As for GodKing, he was City Planner before I was. He Helped bring about the consolidation of RA orders and made some of the city build orders a bit better to deal with for the President. There are other things that he did for the game, which were improved on to this day for city planning by all of the succeding DM's

I'm more of a builder type, but I also work closely with the SMC to help realize his needs, as Former SMC Aggie can attest to.

E_T
                        Worship the Comic here!

Comment

Oksy, unless GK or UnOrthOdOx can come up with something to beat that in the next 24 hours, E_T gets my vote.

Comment

Thank goodness I am in Santa Barbara this morning and have access for an hour or so.

I will not be around to answer questions, though. I will be back by the time this poll is closed, though, so will not lose any time in game.

GK and E_T are both more qualified in terms of experience than I, no doubt about that. Between them, they ran the DM position nearly half the terms last game. My experienc lies more along the lines of executive positions. However, I also instituted the City Council, a discussion group that was intended to get the public more involved in the DM position and more involved with city placement and planning. It never came into full use, however, after I had RL take me away for a month. I am also the creator of such things as the Directory, Gazette, and organized order threads. Chats will largely depend on timing for me, but I plan to have a representative should I not be able to attend. Hopefully TWO representatives, should GK and E_T like to serve as Vice's should I win. My goal, however, is to make this more a public office with me only the organizer. We have plenty of time between chats to decide these critical first turns together, IMO.

I hope to re-install this sort of group and gain as much input from the public into city placement, build orders, worker movements, and all other aspects of the DM positions in an attempt to create more interest in the game itself and in the DM position, which, let's face it, will determine our outcome this next game. Hard to wage war without a good production base.

In my own games, I play more of a warmongering strategy, but am definately more center than most warmongers. In anticipation of what we would likely be setting up here, I have been playing several games at Diety with the Vikings on a Archi map 80% water, and have only had real difficulty with some lousy starts (ie, tiny island and no neighbors/other land mass within galley distance).
                            One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

So, from all indications seen so far, we're going to get the same people no matter who we vote for, it's just a matter of who is going to be appointing whom.

Comment

Working...
                              X