No announcement yet.

Election: Domestic Minister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, as I was saying, I want to make this more a public position with the public making the actual decisions, not myself or whomever I appoint. We will only be the voices for the people in the chats.

Or:

[roleplay]
    Who do YOU want running your cities?

Here we have one candidate who was once a chamber pot cleaner and otherwise simply lacky of Togas, another is one who claims to worship a COMIC!!!

Vote for a REAL candidate, a candidate who still worships the almighty Banana, a candidate that has never been one to clean anothers chamber pot, one that will ensure our SMC all the glorious Berserkers he could ever want.[/roleplay]
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Man, this is tough! Three of the best men here... And friends of mine! This isn't fair!
      I propose a triumvirate...
      RIAA sucks
      The Optimistas
      I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

It appears that's what you'll be getting, regardless.

Comment

Where do you guys stand on city placement?

I mean are you prepared to build cities one square apart?
          And what would you're views be on the second city being a stlr pump and having a granary as first build?
          Are we having fun yet?

Comment

I think I'll wait for GodKing to weigh in...

While we're waiting, though, I will add my own question to the barrage. What experience do the candidates have in Civ3, the game? More specifically, what level do you normally play on, how do you place cities, how do you determine priorities in build queues, and how do you manage workers?
            Join a Democracy Game today!
            | APO: Civ4 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ4 Warlords Multi-Team - SMAC | CFC: Civ4 DG2 - Civ4 Multi-Team - Civ3 Multi-Team 2 | Civ3 ISDG - Civ4 ISDG |

Comment

It's Important for us to be able to REX as fast as we can. THis will also have to be weighed with maintaining Order In our cities, as we will be playing in Deity. Granaries and maybe even Temples are things that we will need to help compete with the AI on building cities. We might have to use the Lux slider especially if we don't have any Luxuries close by.

Keeping up with the AI in Military Units will be bad enough to do with out these other things to deal with at the same time.

Depending on initial terrain, I might even want to wait a turn before building the first city. But that will all depend on several variables.

As for City Placement, We can build our Core cities at a 3 or 4 spacing, depending on the terrain and other things. This will be good both for defences and to help reduce the corruption due to Distance while under Despotism. After we get our core established, then we can look at a wider spacing, especially if they are "aquired" cities.

E_T
              Come and see me at WePlayCiv
              Worship the Comic here!
              Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Originally posted by Octavian X
                I think I'll wait for GodKing to weigh in...

While we're waiting, though, I will add my own question to the barrage. What experience do the candidates have in Civ3, the game? More specifically, what level do you normally play on, how do you place cities, how do you determine priorities in build queues, and how do you manage workers?
                I've played Civ3 from when it first came out. Before that, I used to play Civ2 alot, too. I did take a hiatus from Civ3 shortly after the 1.14 patch had come out. I was not really happy with some of the things and had decided to wait for further patches to fix several gameplay issues before I would play it again. I started back playing shortly after the 1.29 patch was released. At about the same time, I got interested in the Demo Game, especially after reading several of the backissues of the Jungle Gazette. At the time, We had just made peace with Germany and were prepairing to punish Persia for the betrayal with our RoP with them. I had them become a member of Togas's FAM and was very instrumental in several key tech deals that kept us relatively on par with the technology leaders.

I persionally have played on Monarch and Emprorer, although while I learn some things about PTW, I've been playing mostly on Monarch. I'm currently playing the Apolyton University AU207:Big Game, with the AU mod installed. Very interesting challenge by itself...

Priorities & build Q's, all depends on many variables. The Nation mostly sets the priorities and I'll try my best to fulfill them. I won't hesitate to let people know that something that they might want to do/have is in reality, just a pipe dream. I've done it before and don't put it past me to do it again....

Managing Workers, that again depends on many things. I won't have a worker do something that isn't needed, as despotic worker times are relatively slow. But if a city needs an Improvement in Infrastructure, then it will get done, ASAP. Last game, I had a very efficient method for clearing our Jungle and I was able to have our 41 cities (at that time) all linked via RR in 3 turns. I worked days to get that task done in as quick as I could.

E_T
                Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                Worship the Comic here!
                Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Originally posted by OPD
                  Where do you guys stand on city placement?

I mean are you prepared to build cities one square apart?
                  And what would you're views be on the second city being a stlr pump and having a granary as first build?
                  I prefer 3 tile spacing, usually, but often go two or even one for the first few cities and simply disband them later.

Ideally, the second city will be able to be that settler pump, but that depends on the map they gave us, and the terrain we see.

I normally play on Emperor, as I find it more fun. I find I can win on Diety with anything other than a lousy start at least 1/2 the time. I prefer, however, to play a Emperor game with a lousy start than a Diety game with a 'good' one, on my own, simply because I feel it gives more options to the player.

Placing cities, I am not afraid to lay down 'suburbs' as GF once called them. Cities that are not intended to be permanent and can be disbanded later when you can actually UTILIZE all the tiles for a larger city. This takes some care, too, and discipline in not building alot of upgrades in that city you intend to disband. Having a few smaller cities with only a barracks, or a granary inter mixed with your more permanent cities only speeds along early...aggressive expansion or REXing and only uses those tiles that would otherwise be wasted till we can support larger cities. Along these lines, I often will raze enemy cities because they often are not spaced or placed how I would like, especially early when I find the captured city will not have many improvements anyway. I also like having all the extra workers razing can give me nothing like free labor.

Build ques, well, that all depends on our situation. Where did I put that Manifesto of the Hawk party:

Our mission is to assure that our nation will be in a position to allow AS MANY victory types by end game as possble. This requires strong, aggressive military action, especially early, to ensure ourselves a position where Domination and Conquest are possible. Building cultural improvements and Wonders will be done in the times where we are either at peace, or our military is deemed adequate to it's task. Once we have built our nation, we should rotate military with cultural building to assure our dominance in all areas.
                  Well, I DID write it so long ago, and I stand by it as my basic idea for build ques.
                  One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                  You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Go, Go, UnOrthO!

(man - another tough choice...)
                    Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

UnOrthOdOx
                      "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

I prefer 3 tile spacing, usually, but often go two or even one for the first few cities and simply disband them later.

Ideally, the second city will be able to be that settler pump, but that depends on the map they gave us, and the terrain we see.

I normally play on Emperor, as I find it more fun. I find I can win on Diety with anything other than a lousy start at least 1/2 the time. I prefer, however, to play a Emperor game with a lousy start than a Diety game with a 'good' one, on my own, simply because I feel it gives more options to the player.

Placing cities, I am not afraid to lay down 'suburbs' as GF once called them. Cities that are not intended to be permanent and can be disbanded later when you can actually UTILIZE all the tiles for a larger city. This takes some care, too, and discipline in not building alot of upgrades in that city you intend to disband. Having a few smaller cities with only a barracks, or a granary inter mixed with your more permanent cities only speeds along early...aggressive expansion or REXing and only uses those tiles that would otherwise be wasted till we can support larger cities. Along these lines, I often will raze enemy cities because they often are not spaced or placed how I would like, especially early when I find the captured city will not have many improvements anyway. I also like having all the extra workers razing can give me nothing like free labor.

Build ques, well, that all depends on our situation. Where did I put that Manifesto of the Hawk party:

Well, I DID write it so long ago, and I stand by it as my basic idea for build ques.

hi ,

, but placing them to close to early is a waste of shields , ..... read settlers , ....

have a nice day
                        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Sorry, I have been without computer acces since 4-11 (friday). I am just posting to say I am back and will be playing catch up over the next 24 hours or so. Appologies that I have not been able to answer any q's - but will do so shortly.

Thanks for understanding.

GK
                          If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Originally posted by panag
                            hi ,

, but placing them to close to early is a waste of shields , ..... read settlers , ....

have a nice day
                            I disagree. The Settler will make a town quicker, start building something faster, and would only be using tiles the capitol wont use until it can grow faster. These temp towns tend to last through the ancient age or so, and are then disbanded into a settler of their own. How is this a waste?
                            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx

I disagree. The Settler will make a town quicker, start building something faster, and would only be using tiles the capitol wont use until it can grow faster. These temp towns tend to last through the ancient age or so, and are then disbanded into a settler of their own. How is this a waste?

hi ,

put your cities in good spots and you large production centers , ....

the first thing are important resources , ....

every settler is such a prize at the start we should not waste it like two or one city spacing , .....

have a nice day
                              - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                              - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                              WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                              X