Election: Domestic Minister

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Panag,

I truly intend to be polling on the locations of our early cities for our game anyway. I know there are opposing points of view on this topic, which is why it should be discussed and we use the consensus of the Forum, IMO.
    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by panag

hi ,

put your cities in good spots and you large production centers , ....

the first thing are important resources , ....

every settler is such a prize at the start we should not waste it like two or one city spacing , .....

have a nice day
      ???????

UnOr is right, close early city placement will be vital to production and millitatry cover. It is one of the only advantages a human has over the AI - the lowered corrup/waste helps cancel out the AI production bonus'.

IMO if this game is to be winable things must be undertaken in a completely different way to the last demogame
      Are we having fun yet?

Comment

Why you should elect me as you next Domestic Minister.

Because I said so, that¡¦s why. Jeeze.

Oh, you want to know what I will do with the power¡K.er, um, position. I will work tirelessly for the betterment of our nation. I will do whatever is required of me. I will, I will, I will do my job, that¡¦s what.

Background ¡V I have been playing Civ since it first came out. This game is great. I was a big time lurker here on poly since prior to it the Mark and Dan joined sites and created it (if that makes any sense) as I just downloaded different scenarios for Civ2. When I learned civ3 was on its way, I actually signed up, and have been around ever since.

When I discovered the Demo game it was just after the elections for term one, and just as the game was started. In that first term the Slave Master (I forget the official title, but it was the position of worker order giver) resigned, and I tried to run as a substitute. Well ¡V as I was only around for about two weeks at that point, nobody knew me and even Skywalker got more votes then I did. Jonny ended up winning IIRC. I don¡¦t remember if I ran for office again for a while or not, but eventually I was elected to the City Planner¡¦s position. Remember, this was in the old constitution, and it was this position that eventually became the Domestic Minister.

Truth be told, all the prior CP¡¦s had not really done much for our civ. They were elected, but once so often disappeared, or did very little. This is not to downplay their role, however, as there was in truth little for them to do. Most items were decided by consensus as we had to carefully plan the attack on the American Heathens that were invading our fine jungle.

After arriving, I helped implement the American and French campaigns, and then the initial assaults on Persia. I made working with the Military my number one priority. I started the process of organizing our nation, and making of build queues. I entered our nations government when we were not sure if we could survive, and when I left we were on the edge of being a super power (my successor, E_T, did much to finalize the growth process). I implemented the original system of regions.

I have played games on Deity Level, and won. I used methods of connecting luxuries and resources, keeping a tight knit core area with few wasted areas and low corruption, and decisive military and diplomacy.

My strengths are in managing cities and in city placement for optimization. I will have our cities placed close together. Those without natural aqueducts will probably have 6-10 unshared tiles. Cities with natural aqueducts will have 9+ unshared (these are of course averages and very so much by map¡K).

If elected, I will help write and formalize, in a democratic fashion, those portions of our rules (i.e. new constitution) that will guide us into the future. I will listen to the will of the people. I will work my hardest for this nation of ours.

One concern that I have is my ability to join in on chats. I cannot on my computer have both civ3 open along with Java chat. I cannot connect to the Apolyton chat room without using Java Chat (trust me, I have tried many different things, and it just doesn¡¦t seem to work). So ¡V I cannot do the chat thing. That is a concern, but not one that I feel it critical to my position here. If I was running for Prez or VP ¡V yes. In the DM role it is easily adjusted for. When chats are held that I cannot attend, I shall have a deputy there to assist.

I thank you for reading and for voting (even if it wasn¡¦t for me ¡V although especially if it was for me ƒº ). Have a good one.

GK
        If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

In case anyone was wondering, I voted for GodKing. He was born to build things.

No offense meant to E_T, he would also be superior in this job, and I cannot vote for myself on a point of honor.
          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
            In case anyone was wondering, I voted for GodKing. He was born to build things.

No offense meant to E_T, he would also be superior in this job, and I cannot vote for myself on a point of honor.
            "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
            - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I am completely serious, Uber. I voted for MrWIA as president as well when I ran against him...
              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Thanks Unortho. However, unless 10+ people suddenly show up and vote, I suspect you won. This job doesn't have much to do at first, but if you like any help, particularly in city placement or worker orders, let me know. I know you said you were planning on splitting the position and being a manager, but I don't know how feasable that will be at this stage.
                If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Come now, GK. You know me well enough to know I wouldn't go about saying that unless I had a plan to make it work.

I usually only run for positions I want to try new things with. ie, my take on the VP position last game.
                  You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

I figured you must have some sort of plan......

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                      I am completely serious, Uber. I voted for MrWIA as president as well when I ran against him...

hi ,

a lot of people do that , the true spirit of political correctness

have a nice day
                      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Congrats to UnOrthO - the people have not forgotten your fantastic efforts for us so far...

And GodKing, E_T - to me this was the hardest election of the lot. You guys have made youselves giants of the game and your skills would be much appreciated by me and I am sure by UnOrthO. I hope you guys can find places that can utilise your abilities here, as we are going to need every bit of talent available!
                        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

OMB, the Hawk Party is incharge of building things.....

Good Luck Unortho, Ill be lurking and posting somewhat when we get started.

E_T
                          Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                          Worship the Comic here!
                          Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Working...
                          X