The Future of the C3DG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Panzer32

I would support disbanding this demogame, except for one crucial element: people cannot join the PTW DGs right away.

The Demo Game is our portal.

Originally posted by Kloreep
    Good reasons to continue with a second C3DG.

Only problem is, who's going to play it?

I will. But a PTW game, of course... When you have to move 30 workers in the C3DG, you certainly remember the new features in PTW, like to move stacks of units with 2 clicks...
    RIAA sucks
    The Optimistas
    I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

/me would like to see a 23 civ game

What Civ will we want to play. Shall we keep the Banana in office??

E_T
      Come and see me at WePlayCiv
      Worship the Comic here!
      Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Originally posted by Aro
        I will. But a PTW game, of course... When you have to move 30 workers in the C3DG, you certainly remember the new features in PTW, like to move stacks of units with 2 clicks...
        Umm... Can't you do that in 1.29f also? (j + click)

Btw, I might be interested in another SPDG as for one, I dont have nor will ever have PTW and two, IMO SPDG moves along much faster.

Maybe I'll even participate more...
        So many pedestrians, so little time

Comment

Originally posted by Torkkeli

Umm... Can't you do that in 1.29f also? (j + click)
          This is new to me! Thanks, Torkkeli.
          RIAA sucks
          The Optimistas

Comment

Aro, have you downloaded this:

Civ3 Reference File -- with the real unit/terrain/improvement/etc data

from the directory.

It has a lot of useful commands and info.
            Last edited by Torkkeli; February 12, 2003, 09:34.

Comment

Interesting... when I click that link, I'm logged in as Torkkeli.
              Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

If I be elected now and my head isn't cut off after term 9, I'm willing to participate in a next game too, This is just too good to stop with. Argument for the recruitment is a good one: I am probably an early example of it. I learned much in the SPDG and I want others have that possibility in the future too.

BTW: we need a smiley who's head is being cut off. Very useful for roleplay.

Aidun
                "Many that live deserve death. And some that die deserve life. Can you give it to them? Then do not be too eager to deal out death in judgement. For even the very wise can not see all ends." - J.R.R. Tolkien, The Fellowship of the Ring.
                Term 9 and 10 Domestic Minister of the C3DG I., Term 8 Regional Governor of Old Persia in the C3DG and proud citizen of Apolyton. Royal Ambassador to Legoland in the C3 PTW DG, Foreign Affairs Minister and King of the United Kingdom in the MZO C3CDG and leader of the Monarchist Imperialist team. Moody Sir Aidun (The Impatient) of the Holy Templar Order in the C4BtSDG

Comment

Originally posted by BigFurryMonster
                  Interesting... when I click that link, I'm logged in as Torkkeli.
                  Ahh thief!! You stole my session.

Didn't realize it had my session id in the link as well.

Should be corrected by now.

Comment

It would be a good idea to start a new SP C3DG after this one completes, just pick a different civ than Egypt which we've just won as. Perhaps Russia, which shares no traights with Egypt.

The SP C3DG will probably go much faster than the MP one, and the MP won't need Regional Governors for quite a while.
                    1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                    Templar Science Minister
                    AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

I say restart a new game, probably with 1.29 so the people without PtW can still join in.
                      If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

I agree, GK.
                        RIAA sucks
                        The Optimistas

Comment

I prefer to play with PtW, due to the addition of civs and several features, and the fixing of several extremely annoying bugs that existed in 1.29 and will forever exist in Civ3, because Firaxis won't be releasing any more patches for Civ3.
                          It's mostly the bugs. I don't want to play with a game that gives you a rep hit when an AI breaks an agreement, as if you've broken it, when I have the option to play a version that is free of this bug and a handful of other terrible bugs.
                          "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                          And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                          Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                          - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

I would also be in favour of PTW, but would understand if the majority is against it.

As for civs - collectively we won this game ages ago, and could choose to win a number of ways. Why don't we go for a challege? Play as the Koreans!

Comment

A challenge is one thing. Handicapping ourselves is another.
                              For challenge, I think we should play with the max number of civs at Deity.
                              "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                              And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                              Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                              - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Korea doesn't look too bad to me, they are just a weaker version of the Greeks in the Ancient era, but have Cannons with the fire power of artilery for the late middle ages - early industrial era.

Sure they can't get a GA with their UU, but there are several Ancient & Middle Age Commerical wonders and even if thy miss all of them they ought to be able to trigue their GA by capturing any city with a Commerical wonder and building the Theory of Evolution.

Also, like Greece they should have a good shot at getting Writing first. (AI is bound to bypass Writing because it's realtively expensive.)
                                1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                                Templar Science Minister
                                AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
                                X