The Future of the C3DG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Future of the C3DG

What comes after the game is won? Another game? Same constitution? Same government? Same everything, but we start over?

Discuss.

I want to play the PTW version so we can have 23 AI civs.

Comment

Good question...

I don't know if I prefer for everyone to just play in the inter-site game, everyone just pour their extra energy into the inter-team game, or we do another SPDG with the same constitution from gamestart to see how it works and with the PTW civilizations and rules.

Dunno... perhaps we should have a poll at some point once the options are more ironed out.
      Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
      Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
      7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

I can assure you that I won't be able to do anything with it anymore.

Is it a good idea to start another C3 DG? Would it suck too much effort out of the IDG? Starting over can be a fairly large task, and the most active DG people at Apolyton usually either devote most of their time to one DG or the other. It might hurt our chance at international victory.

Comment

While there are many similiarities they are two different games, if you look at previous versions the Intersite Demo Game and the Demo Game usually have different forums.

The Demo Game will advance much faster than the Intersite Demo Game as you won't have to wait on as many teams before playing the next turn.

Comment

It's also true that a new single-player Demogame doesn't have the security needs that an inter-site or inter-team MP game does...

So ANYONE can be accepted as a member and we can continue to advertise using NewZupdateZ

Thus the SPDG can serve as a means of recruitment for new blood into the Apolyton DG system of games... which in turn might get us a few new people over time to replace any we lose on the inter-site team.

Of course, we'll have to be very careful with security and only accept people into the inter-site game that we're reasonably sure are loyal to Apolyton (though you can't ever be sure).

Just an idea...

Comment

Yes, I was just thinking that.

The C3DG has been a good way to find new blood. After all, I've just recently met a lot of the C3DG veterans though the PTW DG and IDG.

Comment

I would support disbanding this demogame, except for one crucial element: people cannot join the PTW DGs right away.

Let me explain:

The reason I found this game is originally because I saw an newZupdate on Apolyton, and was curious. I only came to Apolyton occasionally, and was thus not registered. I registered, and joined the demogame. This would have not been possible, if there wasn't an open forum for me to see what a demogame was all about. If there was someone like me out there, and they wanted to join the closed demogames, they would not be trusted because they might be DLs. If we do not have an open democracy game, I fear no one new will be able to participate in the joys of the democracy game.

edit: cross post with Arnelos and Trip - they made this same point too.
                Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
                King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
                ---------
                May God Bless.

Comment

Glad we're all on the same page

Comment

We haven't had enough replies yet, still on page 1.

Comment

Think about this:

C3DG members = 197
                      IDG members = 62

Comment

About 100 of them just appeared all of the sudden from a cloud of mist.

Besides, how many are active?

We're sure at least 95% of the IDG members are active.

Comment

I'm sure that at least 10 or 12 people will want to continue with the SP DG. It's up to them what they do and how they do it, isn't it?
                          (\__/)
                          (='.'=)
                          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
                            I'm sure that at least 10 or 12 people will want to continue with the SP DG. It's up to them what they do and how they do it, isn't it?
                            I guess it is.

Comment

Good reasons to continue with a second C3DG.

Only problem is, who's going to play it? I'll definitely be in and vote if another one is run, but I won't take much part in it; I want to either devote more to the PTW DGs, or finally get around to checking out the AC Demogame.

Of course, my early Civ3 game leaves a lot to be desired anyway... but my point is, is anyone willing to take charge in a second C3DG, and be an Exec? Or a minister?

Comment

Working...
                              X