Runoff For Term 8 President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Aro

I tried to put more boxes, but I failed.
    That's okay. I think three total is the limit.

Comment

• Aro,

You won

I'll go ahead and de-top all of the Term 7 threads now and send a PM to MarkG about getting you the ZpellZ

I'll PM you about a few logistical things.

That's it.
      Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
      Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
      7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

• Ok, the only Term 7 thread I haven't de-topped is the directory. The Term 7 Directory can be de-topped once there's a Term 8 Directory to replace it.

PM's to MarkG and Aro both sent

Comment

• Back to the Gladstone avatar

Comment

• Originally posted by Arnelos
            Aro,

You won

I'll go ahead and de-top all of the Term 7 threads now and send a PM to MarkG about getting you the ZpellZ

I'll PM you about a few logistical things.

That's it.
            Thanks, Arnelos, you are a gentleman and a very loyal opponent. Be your successor will not be easy… Your term was a great moment for Apolytonia. I’ll try not to mess up.

I would like to thank you guys who voted for me. I’m honored with your confidence.
            Thank you all for voting doesn’t matter if for Arnelos or me.

Now, fellows … I’ll need your participation, suggestions, strategies, Senate Bills, opposition (be gentle… it’s my first time! ), statements from the Court, criticism in general, ideas, polls, The Gazette (volunteers?) and et cetera.

And, of course, some patience… Could you please give me two or three days before start to talking about my impeachment?

Tomorrow I’ll try to write a better speech, with less language mistakes and more coherence …
            RIAA sucks
            The Optimistas
            I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

• Originally posted by Arnelos
              Back to the Gladstone avatar
              Palpatine, you will be missed.
              RIAA sucks
              The Optimistas

Comment

• Yes congrats Aro you did very well, so untill next term its back to the judiciuary for me. Oh and thanx every one who voted for us with out you this game wouldn't work.
                Join the Civ4 SPDG and save the world one library at a time.
                Term 1 Minister of Finances in the Civ4 Democracy Game and current Justice in the Civ4 Democracy Game
                President of the Moderate Progressives of Apolyton in the Civ4 Democracy Game Aedificium edificium est Vires

Comment

• Excellent election Apolytonians. Congratulations to both candidates, and to Aro for his victory.

Arnelos - tremendous term. You have all Apolytonians' gratitude.
                  Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

• I demand a recount!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    Petsovernight.com 0.0000001 owner

Ambassador to Legoland on the Lux Invicta Team
                    Member of: Team Lux Invicta (PTW Demo Game)

Comment

• That was a good fight Aro and Arnelos
                      Nice Avatar Aro !
                      "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                      "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                      "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

• Originally posted by Spiffor

Nice Avatar Aro !
                        Thanks, Spiffor. It's a pic of Lula, the President of Brazil... as you know.

Thank you all, folks!
                        RIAA sucks
                        The Optimistas

Comment

• Bah! i got a PM saying this election was as close as my own and Trip's.

not even close

call me back when each side gets over a hundred votes.

go Arnelos
                          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

• Ninot, he already lost, its over
                            "The Enrichment Center is required to inform you that you will be baked, and then there will be cake"
                            Former President, C3SPDGI

Comment

• Originally posted by Aro

Thanks, Spiffor. It's a pic of Lula, the President of Brazil... as you know.

Thank you all, folks!
                              It's a Lula avatar!

My, my - very appropriate

Speaking of Lula....

Aro,

RL for a moment:

I've heard that the Brazilian, Mexican, and Argentine leftists were confused by Colin Powell's decision to have the United States join the "Friends of Venezuala" organization that the Brazilian and Mexican leftists started up to encourage a diplomatic/democratic solution in Venezuala rather than letting the right-wingers oust Chavez extra-legally

It seems that the "Friends of Venezuala" was founded precisely to serve as a counter to U.S.-led pressure to get rid of Chavez by any means necessary... making the founders QUITE confused that the U.S. under the Bush administration signed the agreement

Comment

• Yep, RL:
                                The whole idea was "neutralize" the continued action of Bush and the Oil lobby in Venezuela. When the Bush administration signed the agreement, they implicitly agreed with the stabilization of Venezuela's economy (and that means less strikes). I may be wrong, but probably the things will be quieter there after some time. In fact, our political analysts are very enthusiastic about that.
                                The Bush administration will be in a group with Lula, , Chaves, Mexico (what's-his-name) and Portugal (one watching the other)... Fidel and Duhalde will be watching, too. Not bad for the first ~20 days.
                                Just for the records, I'm not a Chavez supporter. Nevertheless, he was elected, and should finish his term in the right way...
                                The problem is, the strike in the Oil Company (and the street protests) may depose Chavez, but also can damage a bit the USA economy (oil, again), and Bush don't want this. After all, he's worried about his own reelection, right?

Edit: correcting data

Slightly off topic, maybe… but very interesting.
                                Last edited by Aro; January 19, 2003, 20:39.
                                RIAA sucks
                                The Optimistas

Comment

Working...
                                X