Overhauling production queues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Overhauling production queues

I have time today (which might not happen again until the end of the term), so I'll begin to design an overhauling of the production queues in our cities. The process will be long, and will need several steps to be done.

This overhaul is needed because War Weariness is becoming very problematic, and we should build police stations ASAP. Also, one the wars are over, we should try to get our hospitals sooner. Last but not least : the palace move urges us to build couthouses / police stations in our former core cities (Historical Apolyton and Uber Isle)

Step One : knowing our current military building plans

All this data comes from 1320 AB.
    Our cities are building, or are planning to build :
    31 Infantry
    11 Cavalry
    4 Ironclad
    3 Artillery
    2 Settler
    1 Galleon

Detail :

Our current military constructions are
    5 Infantry
    2 Settler
    2 Cavalry
    1 Galleon

All planned units (excluding the ones currently being built) are :

Muncie : Infantry (3 turns)
    Here It Is : Infantry (3 turns)
    Del Monte : Cavalry (3 turns)
    Apolyton : Cavalry (7 turns)
    Banana HQ : Ironclad (5 turns)
    Gaia : Cavalry (4 turns)
    Port Rouge : Infantry (3 turns)
    Termina : Infantry (5 turns)
    El Duderino : 3 Infantry (9 turns total)
    Rheims : 2 Infantry (4 turns total)
    Lhasa : 2 Infantry (12 turns total, to be reduced)
    Timeline : Infantry (2 turns)
    Tassagrad : Infantry (4 turns)
    Tarsus : Infantry (2 turns)
    Macross City : Infantry (2 turns)
    Chartres : Infantry (2 turns)
    Bacteria : Infantry (3 turns)
    Seeberg : Infantry + Artillery (6 turns total)
    Los Alamos : Infantry (3 turns)
    Ubergorsk : Cavalry (2 turns)
    Jerusalem : Artillery + Infantry (6 turns total)
    Geofront : Infantry (3 turns)
    Napoleton : Cavalry (3 turns)
    Loveshack : Cavalry (4 turns)
    Arcadia : Infantry (6 turns)
    Chiquita : Artillery + Cavalry (4 turns total)
    Another Glorious City : Ironclad (12 turns)
    Opiadom : Cavalry (2 turns)
    Oak Ridge : Cavalry (3 turns)
    Port of Malignance : Cavalry (2 turns)
    Gotham : Infantry (2 turns)
    Boomtown : Infantry (unknown)
    Shiberport : Ironclad (8 turns)
    Neon Uber City : Ironclad (27 turns)
    Ferropolis : Infantry (1 turn)

The turn estimates are rough. I sadly do not have the time (nor the willingness ) to do thorought calculations in all our 34 cities planning to build units at this time. These estimates take into account Hoover Dam, and factories if they get built before the said unit.

If the RAs or any interested citizen are willing to estimate the completion years for these units in some cities, they'll be more than welcome. Even a small amount of precisely calculated cities will help
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
    "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
    "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Re: Overhauling production queues

I request E_T or Meshelic to tell here what troops will be needed in the future, in regard of this data.

Originally posted by Spiffor
    Our cities are building, or are planning to build :
    31 Infantry
    11 Cavalry
    4 Ironclad
    3 Artillery
    2 Settler
    1 Galleon
    I expect a significant lowering of the SMC demands for the near future, and I would like to know precisely what will still be needed. Thank you
    "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident

Comment

I'm in agreement with Spiffor. While the Infenty in the pipeline to complete within 4 turns is fine (and is under Spiffor's control), Do we really need that many Infentry in the 5 to 12 turn range (which will be under my control)?

Also, of note to military units: I'm planning on vetoing Calvary and Ironclad builds in progress and in the queue when term 8 starts because both of those units are nearing the end of their usefulness. (Either switching to Infenty or else a civic impovement.)
      1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
      Templar Science Minister
      AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

We might need the Mil Units to remove the Japanese, If they go to war with us.

E_T
        Come and see me at WePlayCiv
        Worship the Comic here!
        Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

Coloseums are cheaper than Police Stations to build. Most of our cities don't even have any.

E_T
          Come and see me at WePlayCiv
          Worship the Comic here!
          Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

As the Palace move happened when I was not expecting it, corruption has taken Central Apolyton by suprize and I am going to have to add Courthouses and Police stations to some of my cities.
            Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
            1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

Donegeal
              Actually, the intend of this thread is to re-think our military needs, so that we can free much space for courthouses and police stations. I think it is especially critical for Central Apolyton and Uber Isle (IMO, Uber Isle must change everything currently being built to courthouses / police stations)
              We will enter an age of peace soon (it is obvious we don't need 50 extra untis to remove the Japanese), so the time is right to change completely our CP, which has been layed out for the war.

Comment

Spiffor -

I thank you for your devotion to this issue. At the moment I need to review the save file, gauge potential threats and think upon how many units will be required of our cities to build in order to sustain a reasonable amount of defense.
                The current plans for production regarding Infantry, Ironclads, Artillery and the like are acceptable for the time being, rest assured I will make further suggestions on how to adequetely bolster our defenses, in time of war and the future peace.

Meshelic
                SMC Elect
                Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
                Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

I agree with donegeal and Spiffor. I was against the palace move for precisely this reason, but we just have to live with it now.

I'll see about using the available windfall in funds from our brief techwhoring of Scientific Method to purchase some Courthouses for you in our Apolyton region and for Panzer on Uber Isle if it will help corruption a whole lot.

Let me know which courthouses and/or Police Stations you believe would help the most to rush during the next chat.
                  Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                  Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                  7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Yes, I will be asking for some courthouse rushes (as well as market for Boomtown - disorder )
                    Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
                    King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
                    ---------
                    May God Bless.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzer32
                      Yes, I will be asking for some courthouse rushes (as well as market for Boomtown - disorder )
                      Ok, good. Let me know which ones and I'll try to schedule them. When Hoover's is complete 1 turn into the chat, keep in mind that we will then be able to techwhore Atomic Theory and may make more money off of that.

Hoover's will also boost production in a number of cities... I suppose I should make a point of that in the orders thread (heading over there now...).
                      Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                      Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                      7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

I'm in agreement with E_T: we'll need infantry to defend ourselves against the Japs should they attack, and to garrison the German cities (though not as many as we are currently building! )
                        We don't seem to need cavalry. The war will be over soon, it appears, and so will the age of cavalry, since tanks are getting near. Why build 11 Medieval Age units that we can't upgrade?
                        Artillery - we have enough of that too, IMHO. We haven't lost a single artillery unit since the war, and we don't need any more right now (not more than we need courthouses, anyway).
                        Regarding the Ironclads, it's a bit of pain to see them built, seeing that the new age in naval warfare is nearly upon us and Ironclads can't be upgraded. Same for the Galleon. Perhaps we can cut this number down to two Ironclads.
                        "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                        And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                        Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                        - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Shiber : could you please change the queue in Old Persia to build these Ironclads ? I'd really like these boats not to be built in Uber Isle anymore : what you can build in 2 turns will take forever on Uber Isle. Thx

Comment

Now that I'm the FAM-elect, I'm not sure I have the authority to even touch the queue. I can still be RA for Ghengland until you find a replacement, if you agree (and if that doesn't create any constitutional problems).
                            If everything is okay then I'd gladly do as you request.
                            "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                            And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                            Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                            - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Shiber, there's 1 more turn chat left in term 7: So yes, you do have authority for RA of Ghengland for now.
                              1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                              Templar Science Minister
                              AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Working...
                              X