No announcement yet.

Labor Party Charter & Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm pretty impressed with our lineup here. Not only do we have members from just about every team from the PTW games, but we also have

1. a cartographer (Aro)
    2. a politician (Meshelic)
    3. an intelligence officer (Shiber)
    4. a clerk (Kloreep)
    5. a security agent (Panzer32)
    6. a translator (BetaHound who speaks dog talk)

Very nice. So basically, we have an Intelligence Officer (Shiber) who delivers information to a Clerk (Kloreep) who has the Cartographer (Aro) draw up a map that a politician (Meshelic) bases his speeches on, a Translator (BetaHound) who makes sure all the dogs understand the Politician while a Security Agent (Panzer32) stands by, ready to bonk heads.

Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
    Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

So, I guess what you are saying is that we are UNSTOPPABLE !!!!

Labor rules! (but recruiting continues....)

woof

(Hey! How come there are no dog smileys?? This is just another form of repession against the working class "dogs" of Apolytanian society!)

Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

We're gonna change that, brother.
        "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
        And the truth isn't what you want to see,
        Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
        - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Aro and I have a new idea. I'll PM you guys the details when I'm less tired (it's 6:05 in the morning for me right now, and I'm about ready to go to sleep.)

Chairman Meshelic

Comment

Shiber - solidarity, man!

(and I am only 260 posts away from getting my own dog avatar. Did you notice there are no dog avatars available for we the sub-500-post crowd either. What is the world coming to?)
            Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Were there no dog units in Civ 2 whose graphics MarkG can put in the avatars directory for <500-posts people to use?
              - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Not sure. I started with Civ3 (which is good as it is now an obsession, so I didn't lose those years of my life when Civ1 and 2 were out. )

I was thinking of picking Civ2 up just for interest's sake. Many folks on Apolyton refer to it.

Comment

I did the same... But Civ3 is better.
                  Some folks here will burn me, as a heretic...
                  RIAA sucks
                  The Optimistas
                  I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

Overall I'd say I liked Civ2 much better than Civ3 at least initially. Civ3 is obviously the dominant game, but when Civ2 came out, it just had a sort of "feel" to it that I feel is very different in Civ3. The 2nd civ game provided me with hundreds of hundreds of hours spent, and although it was not perfect, it had some great MODS, great MAPS, and a lot of classy gameplay options that I wish were still around.

Civ3 of course has better graphics, deeper diplomacy options, etc. It's better of course, but there will always be a warm place in my heart for Civ2.

Unfortunately, my copy of the game is so badly scratched up that it won't install the game anymore. So I gotta find a $9 version of it somewhere.

Comment

• Aro - but if they did burn you as a heretic, it could be to our advantage. We could make you the first great martyr of the labor movement. Your funeral pyre would be splashed across the front pages of all the papers! Just think of your flame - er fame. And how you would ignite (er - bad choice of words there) the passions of the left-wing activists all across Apolytonia.

Then again - we would be back down to five members....

Comment

• Originally posted by Meshelic
                        Overall I'd say I liked Civ2 much better than Civ3 at least initially. Civ3 is obviously the dominant game, but when Civ2 came out, it just had a sort of "feel" to it that I feel is very different in Civ3. The 2nd civ game provided me with hundreds of hundreds of hours spent, and although it was not perfect, it had some great MODS, great MAPS, and a lot of classy gameplay options that I wish were still around.

Civ3 of course has better graphics, deeper diplomacy options, etc. It's better of course, but there will always be a warm place in my heart for Civ2.

Unfortunately, my copy of the game is so badly scratched up that it won't install the game anymore. So I gotta find a $9 version of it somewhere.
                        hi ,

you would be surprised what you can find at yahoo and ebay sometimes , for bargain prices

( no pub for the likud shall be put here )

have a nice day
                        - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                        - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                        WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

• We do indeed have an impressive lineup.

Don't forget both me and Meshelic are seeking RAships as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by BetaHound
                            Aro - but if they did burn you as a heretic, it could be to our advantage. We could make you the first great martyr of the labor movement. Your funeral pyre would be splashed across the front pages of all the papers! Just think of your flame - er fame. And how you would ignite (er - bad choice of words there) the passions of the left-wing activists all across Apolytonia.

Then again - we would be back down to five members....
                            RIAA sucks
                            The Optimistas
                            I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

• Being leftists, aren't we supposed to object religion or something?
                              Will the banana be mad?
                              Last edited by Shiber; December 17, 2002, 16:50.
                              - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• Originally posted by Shiber
                                Being leftists, aren't we supposed to object religion or something?
                                Also, will the banana be mad?
                                He most certainly would be!

Besides, no one can take the Great Banana away from me! I am unworthy, but he is my diety anyway, and of all Apolytonia as well. (Finally found a use for that smilie. )

Comment

Working...
                                X