Labor Party Charter & Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Divisions in the Senate

/EDIT This information will be updated for greater accuracy. At the moment the stats are all off, due to the unknown amount of active members....
    Last edited by Meshelic; December 15, 2002, 07:34.
    Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
    Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

Meshelic,

We ought to just repeat either the poll that Duddha ran or the poll that I ran.

Personally, I'd think (for accuracy) we'd want to wait until the Labor Party's initial surge in membership levels off (so we get a better picture of how much support the Labor Party will gather).

That said, the assessment that the VAST MAJORITY of all voters are Independent has always been true.
      Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
      Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
      7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Oh, and as to the color scheme... shouldn't the Labor Party be in red?

Comment

Originally posted by Arnelos
          Oh, and as to the color scheme... shouldn't the Labor Party be in red?
          haha you noticed. I was wondering if anyone would notice that....

I'll go red or brown next time (appropriately so), what color would you prefer the D.I.A. to be represented by?

The independents will absolutely remain yellow. It only makes perfect sense.

Comment

Arnelos, can you include a link to either of those polls for me? please?
            Last edited by Meshelic; December 15, 2002, 02:41.

Comment

Originally posted by Meshelic
              what color would you prefer the D.I.A. to be represented by?
              Hmm.. good question. We'll have to bring this subject up among the party members and see what the official party color should be

Comment

A link? Oh boy.... that means I gotta go FIND THEM first

Ok

Comment

Meshelic,

Found 'em!

Duddha's political poll can be found here

My political poll can be found here

Duddha's poll listed several different political organizations and let people pick more than one (so the numbers are pretty inflated, but it does gives a nice picture of what sentiment for each organization was back then).

My poll only let people make one choice and attempted to create a number of "leaning" options to vary out where people fell so we could look at those heavily committed to a party line -vs- those who are not. Of course, mine also made the affiliation specific to ELECTIONS rather than party platforms, so the results are probbly affected by that somewhat.

As for what to do for the next poll. However it's done, it should still include the Hawks. There are a number of people out there (UnOrthOdOx, UberKruX, etc.) who are still very loyal to the Hawk platform, despite the fact that the Hawks aren't terribly organized anymore.

Comment

Oh, and if you were to use Duddha's poll method (probably preferred for simplicity), make it so that people can only vote for one choice (and only include actual political parties, not roleplay movements).

Comment

Thanks Arnelos, okay new poll getting started....

oh and Arnelos, I think that because you've gummed up the Labor Party Home thread with 7 posts in 1 page (I know, partially my fault), I get to go spam a bit in your D.I.A. thread, just to be fair. ok? good.

Comment

RP

The DIA, in their quest for total dominance of the political scope, have stooped to a new low by spamming the threads of their opposition! Blatantly they burst in through the doors while the Labor Party tries to discuss their policies, interrupting the peace and the rightful democratic assemblage of peoples.

Despite their vows to uphold the democracy, the DIA acts more like a totalitarian regime, choking off the last vestiges of free speech and the rights of Apolyton's citizens!

Consider this a "Cease and Desist" order, on behalf of the Labor Party and it's members. Further UN-INVITED spamming will most SURELY result in a court case aimed at the DIA.

I ask that all Labor Party members resist the urge to spam the DIA threads. Thank you

end Roleplay

Seriously, could the DIA stay out please?

Thanks
                        Meshelic

Arnelos, don't worry this isn't aimed at you personally. We should have had our conversation in PM.....

Comment

you want the DIA out, boss? I'll get them out...

rp

Hey you industry lovers!! Take a load of my main gun!! Yes, this here!! Watch out its loaded!! Oops my hand is close to the fire button!! <<|BOOM|>> That was a warning shot fired above your heads!! Now SCRAM ALL OF YOU!!!!!!

*DIA members flee for their life...

end RP

Hows that, boss?
                          Proud Member of the ISDG Apolyton Team; Member #2 in the Apolyton Yact Club.
                          King of Trafalgar and Lord of all Isolationia in the Civ III PTW Glory of War team.
                          ---------
                          May God Bless.

Comment

RIAA sucks
                            The Optimistas
                            I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

P32 - wonderful!!

Enough of that wussy 'whiff of grapeshot' nonsense.

AP round to the head. Gotta love it.

Labor rules! One way or the other.
                              Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Working...
                              X