Labor Party Charter & Home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Panzer32
    Never Mind... just read all your other post... whats the idea???
    He appears to be gone now. Who knows whether he'll post again, although I'm sure he'd get kicked.

Nice little bit of humour. Maybe he was serious, but certainly it is laughable!

Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
    Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

• Hmmm... DL, maybe?
      Anyway, I agree, guys. The poor man certainly is on vacation at Mingapulco now. Ming's Mingapulco, I mean...
      RIAA sucks
      The Optimistas
      I'm a political cartoonist

Comment

• Definetely he is a prisoner of his own deeds. I am sure his executioner is standing by awaiting orders...

Comment

• Originally posted by Meshelic
          panag can you edit your messages to delete them?

I've asked you not to post in this thread, very nicely before.

The Labor Party can fight it's own battles, thank you.
          hi ,

a message was send to the mods asking so , ....

since there was no-one else online at the moment he posted , .....

have a nice day

ps ; this one can be deleted also
          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

• NATIONAL WEEKLY WORKER

THE NATIONAL WEEKLY WORKER
            LABOR WINS ACROSS THE BOARD!
            PRESIDENTIAL RACE PENDING....

[Unified Press] - Apolyton City, Apolyton

In a series of stunning victories, Labor struck a mighty blow against it's DIA opponents in this month's elections. Across the nation, citizens and Senators alike have chosen their leaders for Apolyton's Eighth Term, though of the 190 citizens only a few more than a quarter of the nation's populace actually participated and voted in the elections.

The Presidential election, surely the most exciting of all the races, initially ended in a tie between Labor candidate Aro and DIA incumbent Arnelos, though Justice Togas quickly remedied the situation and arranged a re-poll, this time with the candidates announcing their running mates.

Aro, who only began campaigning after the election had already begun, chose religious zealot and former SMC Aggie as his running mate, while current President Arnelos recruited fellow DIA member and Justice of the Court Nimitz.
            It remains to be seen how the election will turn out.

In other election news, Shiber, running on the Labor ticket, defeated Thud (DIA) in a race that was closely matched until the very last moments, 24-22. 1 voted abstained.
            Shiber, in his first race ever, had promoted a more aggressive set of foreign policy in his campaign. Though some blasted him for his involvement in the controversy surrounding Arnelos's appointment of Panag as Vice-President earlier last elections, Shiber maintained a solid base of supporters, narrowly defeating Thud in a race that also turned out to be quite a nail-biter.

Also new to office, Meshelic was voted overwhelmingly into office as the new Supreme Military Commander, defeating opponent MrMitchell 31-14. 5 voters chose to abstain. In a baffling move, MrMitchell came out in support of Meshelic during the campaign and election.

The Domestic Ministry also enjoyed a new face in it's office, as joncnunn (DIA) was overwhelmingly chosen as the Term 8 DM. Having established himself as one of the nation's top advisors (as Economic Advisor to the President), joncnunn garnered the support of both ALP and DIA parties. The nation looks forward to his plans for the continued improvement of the nation's infrastructure. Even during the election, sensing he would defeat the Banana (which he did, 37-5), joncnunn organized the office of the DM by re-appointing many of the previous Term's Regional Administrators.

The nation looks on in anticipation to hear the results of the Presidential race....

Comment

• Nice piece, Meshelic.
              RIAA sucks
              The Optimistas

Comment

• Although generally you've requested that I not post here, I don't think you'll mind if I post to give you a complement.

I read your paper last night, Meshelic. Very nice

It's a good bit more "newsy" than my DIA newsletters, which are more geared toward filling in our inactives as to what on earth is going on (and providing links to key threads rather than detailed explanations in the newsletter).

I like yours, it's entertaining
                Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

• [RP]
                  It's nice to know that we ALP folk "entertain" the DIA.
                  [/RP]

"Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                  And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                  Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                  - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• Although it sounds more like a "party" newspaper, I felt giving it a more independant-type outcome was a little bit better.

I was typing it up last night and I reached the portion right before I wrote about the Meshelic/MrMitchell race and I clicked to preview it and suddenly my internet crashed. Oh man was I pissed, until I realized that I had copied the entire article anyways with the cut and past option, so I pasted again and it was all there.

Whew!

Comment

• Originally posted by Meshelic
                      Although it sounds more like a "party" newspaper, I felt giving it a more independant-type outcome was a little bit better.

I was typing it up last night and I reached the portion right before I wrote about the Meshelic/MrMitchell race and I clicked to preview it and suddenly my internet crashed. Oh man was I pissed, until I realized that I had copied the entire article anyways with the cut and past option, so I pasted again and it was all there.

Whew!
                      Because of troubles I had with 'poly boards a few months ago where it kept timing out on me when I tried to actually post, I got into the habit of ALWAYS copying a post into my notepad before clicking the little "submit reply" button. It's a habit I've kept and it's saved me enormous amounts of time over the past few months
                      Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                      Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                      7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

• I do the same with my orders and with any big speech / news article / other kind of long post that I write.
                        "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
                        And the truth isn't what you want to see,
                        Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
                        - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

• Originally posted by Arnelos
                          Although generally you've requested that I not post here, I don't think you'll mind if I post to give you a complement.

I read your paper last night, Meshelic. Very nice

It's a good bit more "newsy" than my DIA newsletters, which are more geared toward filling in our inactives as to what on earth is going on (and providing links to key threads rather than detailed explanations in the newsletter).

I like yours, it's entertaining
                          and I read them... since I am one of the "inactives"

Thanks Arnelos. It keeps me informed.

Hey can I get subscribed to the labor party news paper? do I have to be a member just to get one? Or is the one on the thread the only paper?
                          :-p

Comment

• Originally posted by Calc II

Hey can I get subscribed to the labor party news paper? do I have to be a member just to get one? Or is the one on the thread the only paper?
                            You won't need to have a subscription to read the Labor Party newspaper, I plan on making it public for everyone, most likely in it's own thread each issue.
                            Although I'm pleased to hear of your interest Calc II.

Perhaps you may wish to switch sides and join us? j/k

Otherwise, I plan to release the second issue shortly after the Runoff for the Presidential election....

Meshelic

Comment

• Can i join this party
                              Sos groso, sabelo!
                              "Yo a mis equipos los coloco bien el la cancha, lo que pasa es que cuando empieza el partido los jugadores se mueven" - Alfio "Coco" Basile

"En el fútbol la que manda es la pelota" - Ángel Cappa

Comment

• You're welcome, Manya!
                                RIAA sucks
                                The Optimistas

Comment

Working...
                                X