No announcement yet.

Strategy for the American campaign

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

You know, with enough units we could declare war, fight the war, and end the war (xenocide the Americans) in one turn.
    Proud member of the Hawk Party.

Comment

So roughtly 10 turns after persians go byebye(effectively), we will say bye bye (b)abe. Then as SMC i can have alittle piece, a little piece of germany and a little piece of france and maybe a little piece of greece per chance.
      Aggie
      The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

What about having a little peace , instead of a little piece of this and that? (kidding, of course)

Shiber: There are lots of threads about the culture flipping probability. 2 of the best are these:

Comment

Sir Ralph: thanks! I'll read those.

Aggie: isn't this the song from the movie 'Funny Nazis'?
          Anyway, I like your road idea. We can put 6 units there ready to kick American butt, instead of 4 per each city at a total of 8. Should save us some efforts.
          Another possibility would be to road all the way to n ne ne of Chiquita, enabling us to attack both Boston and Washington. We could put 4 units there, 4 units n ne of Del Monte and 4 units near Chicago, minimizing the amount of units needed for the assault to 12. What do you think?
          "Close your eyes, for your eyes will only tell the truth,
          And the truth isn't what you want to see,
          Close your eyes, and let music set you free..."
          - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Once the campaign for Persian succession is over, turning our forces northward towards the Americans would be wise, for the resources alone would be well worth the campaign, and with a minimal of losses, we can not only control the abundancy of incense and 1 iron (the incense would make bring in additional happiness, especially if a republican government is put in place later. Roads must be built).

A lone quick campaign (without allies) using knights and the remaining swordsmen would cripple the Americans.

1.) Chicago

2.) Washington

without these two the Americans would easily be engulfed...

Hail to the Presidente!
            Former Supreme Military Commander of the Democratic Apolyton States, Term 8
            Former Chairman of Apolyton Labor Party

Comment

As I argued in a seperate thread, I think our strategy should be the following regarding the Americans and our Golden Age:

1. Build libraries empire-wide as much as possible.
              2. Switch to Republic
              3. Annex America in one swift strike, minimizing the impact of war weariness (which, if its swift enough, would be nothing) and using our WC's to trigger our Golden Age while we have both (1) libraries and (2) a republic.
              Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
              Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
              7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

shiber, we can still use swinging unit tactic but only for Boston and New York. Then only when two tile worth of road is created. and one terrain is a mountain. So I guess we should ditch the idea for american campaign.

all of the city should be attacked with mobile unit, but campaign can't be cut to one turn due to chicago. I surveyed the area and couldnt determine how we can enter american border in one turn and attack the city. For this, we should use most of foot unit on chicago.
                :-p

Comment

Why dont we trash the GA althogether? Bah, I have spent most of my GAs in despotism and it's good enough for my needs, either way I always give the AI a beating even if they are at their GA and with their UU and I'm not.

We could use our GA a bit russianly (cossak) after nationalism optionally and combine it with war mobilization to generate an abominable military force and cause a couple of leaderheads to roll on the ground without the rest of their body...
                  Vini, Vidi, Poluti.

Comment

Originally posted by Calc II
                    all of the city should be attacked with mobile unit, but campaign can't be cut to one turn due to chicago. I surveyed the area and couldnt determine how we can enter american border in one turn and attack the city. For this, we should use most of foot unit on chicago.
                    What are you talking about, we can have a stack of mobile units on the incensed hill right at the edge of their borders, one movement to the floodplains and use the second to attack Chicago.

We can take all their cities in one turn if we have enough units to park on the edge of the border.

Comment

People, if we trash the "Lets take all in one turn" plan, we can conquer the whole thing before the turn for your so perfect 1-turn demise comes up. Lets trash that, lets conquer it, and then lets move on to the east because we have too many french cities between some of our cities.

And, the people in those french cities should be taught to speak our language.
                      Vini, Vidi, Poluti.

Comment

Starting with Chicago is, in my mind, the ideal. After all, the resources we really crave are there. Washington is valuable primarily for its proximity to Chicago, so therefore its importance is high, but secondary. Boston and New York are nice cities, but more valuable because owning them would limit the unhappiness of our "citizens of american descent". Though NY (or should I say, "The Big Banana"?) has a pretty nice localtion.

If only the Aztecs would attack those nothern persian cities, we'd be able to form trade routes there as well as to our current neighbors... is there any chance we can convince the Aztecs to attack persia? (without paying them, that is?) And the same thought applies to the russians attacking france... if they conqered those cities by the bay, we'd be able to trade with them as well. *sigh* if only the computer were as willing to fight as we are... (for our causes, of course.)
                        Honor always finds a way...

Comment

Calc II: don't trash the swinging units idea yet. We can put a swinging stack s s of Boston if we road there, like you said, and we can also put a stack s se of Washington if we road there as well, thus covering 3 cities with 2 stacks (a 3rd stack should be positioned near Chicago).

Arnelos: isn't it much more important to build marketplaces first? We have more commerce directed to our economy than commerce directed to science and the total benefits would be greater.
                          - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Honor: the problem with getting say, the Aztecs to fight Persia is that this is a 20 turns deal. If we sign peace with Persia in less than 20 turns our reputation would take a serious blow.
                            Therefore, any alliances against Persia are dangerous commitments.
                            Furthermore, I don't know how we can possibly convince the Russians to attack France without declaring war on France as well (within a military alliance). In any case, we already have a trade route to Russia (naval route from Apolytonia to Rome, land route from Rome to Russia).
                            - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Shiber: good call on the practicality of the Aztecs and Persians. IF only the AIs were better at smelling blood in the water... but thst's a lot to ask for. Also, good call on the trade route through rome to russia. I hadn't really looked at that.

Hypothetical Q for all: why don't the AIs like to fight each other?
                              Honor always finds a way...

Comment

Well, I haven't seen you around before so I'm guessing you're new. If you are new then you've missed the grand war we had which included Greece, Germany, Aztecs, England and America.
                                We haven't witnessed any wars in Abananaba Minor yet (the southern part of the continent, home of the Romans, Russians, Babylonians and Iroquois).
                                - Phantom of the Opera

Comment

Working...
                                X