No announcement yet.

Turn Chat was a Joke.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

disorganizer was pretty vocal in the earlier stages of our game here, and so I guess that means you consider yourself to have dual citizenry, eh dis?

Turnchats are fun for everyone else (if not the person actually playing), and far be it from me to kill that fun without believing that chats can't be done. Chain of Command? Well, maybe. But we have a VP who can play in the absence of the Prez, and that should be enough.

And as for the chat times being an election issue, I was the only candidate this time around, plus I made sure everyone knew exactly where I live and that any chats might suit ONLY posters such as Darkness' Edge (Australian). I have so far found times that accommodate the NAmers and Euros here, if they aren't exactly very nice times for me. I have done more than my election promises in this regard, and I hope to continue to do so until the end of my term.

A few prominent citizens have expressed extreme annoyance with previous chats and have requested turnthreads be the norm. Threads have been initiated as such, but I hope we can keep throwing in the odd chat as well, in addition to the posted orders. However, it may soon be the case that chats are simply impossible becausee of the sheer amount of time it will take to do everything as well as letting the citizens in attendance what is going on. Hopefully with numbered orders for each Minister in one thread, it will be quicker to run through orders. We will soon see however...
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Chatting while you play is a great idea. The problem is when 2 hours are consumed in getting less than 1 turn done.

Where is the compromise?
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

When I wasn't confused by having just woken up, no breakfast, lack of Ministers and not having the orders at hand, the thing that took up much of my time was reporting the moves. With a numbered system I could just say :IE 1, SMC 2, SMC 3 etc.

This would require others to look up the order themselves, but whoever does could tell everyone else, and I could move a lot faster.
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

@notyou+mrwia:
          well, i have to live here as ambassador :-P
          and no, i dont consider double citizenry :-P
          our (fanatikan) goal is to bring ideas from you to our nation and vice-versa. thats what i do here... i give my 2c (or better 0,02g)... ;-)

Nobody is forced to listen to me though and i will not take part in any decission progress.

Call it active diplomacy.
          Hean of the UN delegation ofFANATIKA

Visit the Rebel Pub and Brewery in Bavaria, Fanatika!

Comment

Working...
          X