Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Next Turnthread/chat Times and Current Reports: term III part two (MrWIA back)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taxman?

Did I read that right?
    Did we take a laborer and turn him into a taxman?
    If we have the resourses availible to take a laborer out of use to make him a taxman, I'd say make him a Scientist and drop our research to 0% (thus raising our taxrate) and increasing revenue. The loss of the 10% Sci rate won't make any difference as we are already taking max time to research. All we need to research is one beaker per turn and we'll discover something in 40 turns.

Loose the Taxman, make him a Scientist and drop research. We loose nothing and gain Lyton!
    Founder of The Glory of War, CHAMPIONS OF APOLYTON!!!
    1992-Perot , 1996-Perot , 2000-Bush , 2004-Bush :|, 2008-Obama :|, 2012-Obama , 2016-Clinton , 2020-Biden

Comment

• One question -- in the chat, I thought someone said that the Aztecs declared peace with both Greece and Germany, but here it only says Germany. Am I remembering wrong (quite likely)?

-- adaMada
      Civ 3 Democracy Game:
      PTW Game: Proud member of the Roleplay Team, and Ambassador to Glory of War
      Intersite PTW Game: Member of Apolyton

Comment

• Re: Taxman?

Originally posted by donegeal
        Did I read that right?
        Did we take a laborer and turn him into a taxman?
        If we have the resourses availible to take a laborer out of use to make him a taxman, I'd say make him a Scientist and drop our research to 0% (thus raising our taxrate) and increasing revenue. The loss of the 10% Sci rate won't make any difference as we are already taking max time to research. All we need to research is one beaker per turn and we'll discover something in 40 turns.

Loose the Taxman, make him a Scientist and drop research. We loose nothing and gain Lyton!
        An intriguing idea there, donegeal. This will give us an extra 5lpt and wiht the taxman in Apolyton converted into a Scientist, there is still no disorder and the tech stays at the max rate! Thanks for that.

adaMada - a quick double check of the save shows that he Aztecs are in fact still at war with Greece. They only made peace with Germany.

Don't worry, this term is almost over.
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

• Originally posted by GhengisFarb

Yes, yes. My import contact in Berlin bribed Bismark's mistress, Bresta (who looks remarkably like a mysterious cartoon character named Jessica Rabbit) who convinced the German PW Minister "ReichBandit" to finish connecting their half.

Not sure what she did, but my info says ReichBandit was very PLEASED with the arrangment.......
          Haha, well damn, how come the German Public Works minister has it so good? I need my own.. err.. mistress to influence my decisions!

That ReichBandit dude seems to have a good name too!
          First Civ3DG: 3rd and 4th Term Minister of Public Works. | Second Civ3DG: First Term Vice President | ISDG: Ambassador in the Foreign Affairs Ministry | Save Apolyton! Kill the Off-Topic Forum!

(04/29/2004) [Trip] we will see who is best in the next round ; [Trip] that is why I left this team ; [Trip] I don't need the rest of you to win |
          The solution to 1984 is 1776! | Here's to hoping that GoW's military isn't being run by MasterZen: Hehe! | DaveRocks! or something. ;)

Comment

• Well, well, well. The chat went well, with many victories, the destruction of Sidon and the taking of Tyre.

Here it is, 170AD, report to follow.

Thanks to adaMada, adaMada42, aggie, Aro, SprudL, Apocalypse, rangers85, MrWIA and MWIA for coming.

Oh, and we got a GL too.
            Attached Files
            Consul.

Comment

• 70AD - 170AD turnchat Report

Summary
              -Cherbourg is being threatened by the Romans, Russians have a large presence of Horsemen in Krasnoyarsk too, at least 4
              -Sidon was autorazed and a captured worker (no gold) is in the Mts E of Geofront building a road to Tyre
              -Tyre was taken with 2 workers and 1 gold. It is currently size 2 and has 1 resister
              -Athens built the Hanging Gardens in 90 AD
              -The settler and WC have been transferred successfuly to Uber Island and are moving down the coast in a Galley - we need to know what their movements will be
              -The other Galley (which survived!) is moving to Prt Rouge to pick up Settler here - what then?

Trades established
              Rome: Dyes + 5 gpt + 8 for Ivory - they were polite, became cautious gradually
              France: Horses for WM and all their gold (34g) - still furious
              Greece: trade Dyes for WM and all their gold (27g) - now are polite!
              Germany: Dyes for WM + 6lpt and 3 gold (Germans still furious)

Persian losses
              -6 Archers
              -6 Spearmen

Our Losses
              -2 Swordmen (1 reg, 1 Vet)

WE GOT A GREAT LEADER! Say hello to my little friend Ramses!!!!!

Full boring Report

70AD
              A1
              A2
              A3
              A4
              A5 no purchase, too costly
              A6 no purhase, too costly
              A7

C1 (20g spent)
              C2

D1 Trade with Rome: Dyes + 5 gpt + 8 for Ivory - they are polite
              D2 - France: Horses for WM and all their gold (34g) - still furious
              D3: Greece: trade Dyes for WM and all their gold (27g) - now are polite!

End
              Archer stack E of Ge moves S

90AD
              Trade Dyes to Germany for WM + 6lpt and 3 gold (Germans still furious)
              A1 - Macross OK
              A2 - Chiquita ok

C1
              C2
              C3
              C4
              C5
              C6
              C7
              C8
              C10
              C12
              C14(new) - 1 pike from geo south
              C15(new)Reg sword vs Archer - 1hp loss but VICTORY
              C16(new)move 2 vet 1 north of sidon, and 1 vet w,n,n
              C17(new) Wounded units in Geo and Uber fortify
              C18)new) Sp S of Geo to Uber
              C19 (new)Sword in Love E E
              C20(new) Galley at Uber Island to AGC

End
              End of 90 AD - Arhcer stack consolidates, Athens builds Hanging Gardens

110AD
              A1(new) BHQ builds Worker, change to Pike
              Seeburg has built WC, change to Courthouse
              PW Completed

SMC

Assault on Sidon
              Horse attacks Sidon - 2HP loss but SP KILLED
              Horse 2 attacks Sidon - 2HP loss but SP KILLED - city TAKEN!!!!!
              One Persian worker taken, Sidon killed, no gold
              Reg Sword attacks SP - 2 HP loss, VICTORY
              Pikeman, 2 vet Sword N
              2/3 Sword S of Archer stack to join Pikeman stack
              Captured Worker to Uber
              Other movements
              pikeman s of geo e to mountain
              three swords 2elite and 1 vet tomountain sw of archer stack , also move sword from uber and also sword

2e of loveshack(plan to flush Persian archers of the mts)
              pike in uber goto sword stack sw of archerstack

Pike to Seeburg, fortify
              Warrior near Gaia to Gaia
              WC from Seeburg to BHQ

End
              Archer stack moves W off Mts, more Greek Horses go N, Romans retreating towards Krasnoyarsk
              Del Monte builds Granary, changes to Courthouse
              Persian Archer appears N, NW of Napoleton!

130AD
              A2 - HII workers adjusted for max shields
              PW finished

SMC
              Attack on Archer stack
              Elite Swords attack Archer stack - both lose 1HP, both VICTORIOUS
              3 Vet Swords finish off Archer stack - all lose 1HP, the last attacker becomes Elite

Horse and Sword in Geo go 1 South
              Pike from Geo moves towards Napoleton
              C1
              C2
              Pike near Tyre fortifies
              All swords and Pikes near Tyre fortify to await others
              Reg Sword S of main Army joins army
              Uber Pikeman fortifies in Uber
              Pikeman with further Sword Army joins the resting Sword Army

Galleys all prepared for manoeuvre next turn.

End
              Romans nearing Cherbourg (ours), Persian Archer near Nap moving W
              Macross builds Temple, change to barracks, ort Rouge build Settler, change to barracks
              Also Persian Sp and Archer on that Hill SW of Tyre that Aggie wanted to move the Sword army to

150AD
              Expansion
              Settler in Port Rouge stays put

CP
              Tass has built WC, changes to Pike

SMC
              Preparations...
              move horse and sword under pikeman w oftyre along with assigned workers
              move Sword army s of tyre ne
              sword that last attack archer go to the sword army
              fortify pikeman 1 se where he is so he can go and frotify at either geo or napolitan
              Sword in Gaia fortifies for now
              SP from Tass moves to Poly and scientist reallocated to work the fileds

End
              Persian Archer moves next to Nap, Romans move next to Cherbourg, French Stack moving E past Macross, 4

Russian Horsemen move S to Krasnoyarsk, Persian Archer moves off hills W to threaten workers.

170AD
              PW done

Uber Island
              Galley manoeuvre completed, Galley with WC and Settler moves S along W coast

SMC
              Elite Sword attacks Tyre, no Hp loss but no GL
              Vet sword dies, sp takes 2hp damage, down to 1hp
              Reg sword kills Sp with no HP loss, Takes Tyre, 2 workers and 1g. We keep the city - Tyre is pop 2

with 1 resister
              Elite Horse attacks lone Archer 3 Hp lost...... RAMSES IS OURS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
              Vet sword S of Tyre attacks Sp to SW, no HP loss, VICTORY
              Reg Sword attacks remaining SP, Sp loses 1 HP, we lose
              other sa e to where current SA is
              Galley moving to pick up Port Rouge settler
              pike near napolitan to napolitan and fortifies

Temple started in Tyre

END

We all kick ass.
              Last edited by MrWhereItsAt; September 14, 2002, 21:32.
              Consul.

Comment

• 170 AD Status Report

The past hundred years have perhaps been one of the most successful in the history of Apolytonia. We have dealt the Persians a dramatic blow, defeating a total of twelve thousand of their troops with only two thousand losses to ourselves. Our troops have razed Sidon and added Tyre to our great empire. While fighting, Commander Ramses of the Eighteenth Elite Horse Battalion showed exceptional valor, distinguishing himself as one of the Great Leaders in our Civilization. He is being reassigned to Ubergorsk while our leaders ponder a more appropriate assignment for him. In the field of Foreign Affairs, we managed to secure an exclusive import agreement with Rome for their fine Ivory, while still making a profit by signing agreements regarding our dyes with other Civilizations.

Credit for these amazing events need to be spread throughout multiple people. First, all attendees deserve credit. Thanks to Aro, Rangers, Aggie, Apoc, Sprud, adaMada, adaMada42, MrWIA, MrWheresItAt, and MWIA for coming. (Tragically, MrWIA was forced to eject MrWheresItAt and MWIA forcibly from the chat when they became unruly). Without the contributions of this group, we would have accomplished little. Some of our citizen’s actions also stand about above others in the events of this past century. Credit goes to General Aggie, who has led our troops to victory against hordes of Persian forces. Credit goes to President MrWheresItAt, whose steady hand has guided our nation through these events with such skill that have led some to wonder if he just isn’t lucky. Credit goes to Shiber and E_T, who formulated the two plans that were combined by Acting Foreign Minister adaMada to produce the trading plan that we used so fruitfully. All things considered, this is a fitting tribute to the success of this Administration. May we see many future centuries pass as fruitfully.

-- adaMada --
                Last edited by adaMada; September 14, 2002, 21:16.
                Civ 3 Democracy Game:

Comment

• Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                  Germany: Dyes for WM + 6lpt and 3 gold (Germans still furious)
                  61 per turn????
                  Germany must be really afraid of us!

Comment

• Originally posted by GhengisFarb

61 per turn????
                    Germany must be really afraid of us!
                    6 lpt/gpt .

I got thrown by that in the chat a few times too .

(Now I've gone and quoted it here, so you can't even edit it out ).

-- adaMada
                    Civ 3 Democracy Game:

Comment

• Lytons are okay for roleplay but HAVE NO PLACE in reports on the actual civ3 game IMHO as Civ3 uses gold (and that l always looks like a 1). It's been amusing so far, but there may come a point where it actually causes a mistake in gameplay that cannot be corrected.

Comment

• I'm not really sure why... as long as everyone knows that lpt = gpt, lytons = gold, etc, it doesn't really matter. I personally leave it up to personal preference.

It did cause some confusion in this case, but in general, I think adding an extra 1 to a lpt deal will normally make you sit up and think about it . I mean, sixty one lpt? We at the foreign ministry aren't that good . (Even with Shiber writing plans for us ).

You could also ask that MWIA start putting a space between the number and the 'lpt' -- that would clear things up, in general.

-- adaMada
                        Civ 3 Democracy Game:

Comment

• Oh, come on Ghengis, we all know it was just a little mistake. Hell, I make more little mistakes in a week here than everyone else put together.

We can cope with lpt. We should recognise it by now. The only reason I don't say "+2lpt and +43l" for example is that the "+43l" looks too much like a tunic size.

Whoops, there goes the roleplay again.

EDIT: OK, for sure in the next (and my LAST ) chat, I will put the space between the number and the "lpt".
                          Consul.

Comment

• Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt

EDIT: OK, for sure in the next (and my LAST ) chat, I will put the space between the number and the "lpt".
                            Come now, MWIA, you can always run again term after next... we'll take you back, even if you abandon us -- we like the way your computer rolls dice .

-- adaMada
                            Civ 3 Democracy Game:

Comment

• The gpt isn't so bad put the lump amounts are unclear and it still gives a false impression when people are just skimming through the posts. A capital L would solve the problem as it doesn't look like a 1, just the lowercase l.

I'm not trying to come down on anyone I just know that I've misread many posts because of it and I would suspect someone else has also.

Comment

• Don't feel too bad Ghengis, I had to look twice to make sure what I saw. In the future, we should have a space between gold amount and lpt, and it should be Lpt, instead. AR, I know, but mistakes happen...

BTW, that GL deserves a good:

EXCELLENT!

2nd Minister of the Economy in the 1st Apolytonia Civ 3 Democracy Game.
                                Founder and editor of the Berserker Bugle

Comment

Working...
                                X