$MINI-GAME Main Thread and Directory.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
    Can someone show me where to look reguarding this 'contract' stuff I was reading about?

And what about the Jungle Gazette offices? Or are they a level 2 building? 1 per city, sell x food at y% increase where x is size of city (maybe with a max) and y is % literate citizens (maybe with a max/min) Something like that...
    It is in the Trading Session 3 thread. No one seems eager to introduce buildings into the game.

Comment

How would anyone get any more money from selling at DS than anyone else?

The first person says "Sell 2 food at DS"
      The last person says "Sell 2 food at DS"
      they both sell at the same price.

IF there too much food on the market, THEN it goes in order of the lowest to highest price, and after that in order of posting.

The way it is now, the winner is the LAST poster before the end. I could suddenly withdraw my bid to buy two shields so all shield sellers are bidding too low. I could remove my food supply to make everyone elses selling too low, losing potential money.

Hell, I could say buy 50 of each, bid $1 for each so that I am asking too little, and the DS would skyrocket in price.
      No one else would be able to buy anything.

Sorry, but the current system is.. well.. crap.

Comment

Can someone show me where to look reguarding this 'contract' stuff I was reading about?
        1. See Trade thread turn 3. It is the first post of GhengisFarb
        2. My post here (about 9 posts back)
        Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

Originally posted by Epistax

IF there too much food on the market, THEN it goes in order of the lowest to highest price, and after that in order of posting.
          There is no lowest price as you said everyone sells at the same price, so it would then revert to who offered first.

Comment

I found it. I was looking for contract. Didn't read the Bulk Purchase thing. So this is one time only? ok.
            One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
            You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

No GF, because people still pay attention. The difference now is no longer that the last bidder is the one that gets to sell, everyone gets to sell UNLESS there is a shortage, and then it's only the last bidder (lowest bidder) first.

That's when the bidding war takes over. Selling at DS is simply to prevent from getting knocked out before the bidding war begins. Most people selling at DS would make it to selling. Those who stuck around would have a better chance, but at least the others would still have a chance.

EDIT:

Additionally, someone could say Sell @ D/S - 5, or Sell @ 95% D/S, etc.

Comment

The way it is now, the winner is the LAST poster before the end. I could suddenly withdraw my bid to buy two shields so all shield sellers are bidding too low. I could remove my food supply to make everyone elses selling too low, losing potential money.

Hell, I could say buy 50 of each, bid $1 for each so that I am asking too little, and the DS would skyrocket in price.
                No one else would be able to buy anything.
                I agree and pointed this out earlier but it was waved at. Therefore I had in mind to do this as soon as I had stockpiled sufficient commodities later in the game. As it is now, it is a perfectly valid strategy. This definitly needs to be changed. I think my solution above solves this problem.
                Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

I found it. I was looking for contract. Didn't read the Bulk Purchase thing. So this is one time only? ok.
                  Actually it's a no-time thing it got axed.

I don't like the system either, but everyone thought my idea of creating a more realistic supply:demand was stupid so we're stuck with this one.

Comment

IMO this is invalid (see above post). But before taking action in my role as market assessor, I await (but not to long ) the respons of Ghengis on my post above that give my reasons.

Edit: Was preparing this post when Ghengis posted his (the one before this one). I understand that he agrees that it is invalid. OK
                    Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

Hate to say it.. but supply and demand should probably go by city, not be region. Perhaps shipping to another region costs money.

Comment

Hate to say it.. but supply and demand should probably go by city, not be region. Perhaps shipping to another region costs money.
                        Once again, an idea I suggested but everyone thought was stupid.

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb

It is in the Trading Session 3 thread. No one seems eager to introduce buildings into the game.
                          Has there been a reason given to not adding buildings?
                          One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                          You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

lol no one can afford them!!

I am trying to make one right now. I estimate it will cost 890$, and that's only if I spead it out. If I try to make it quicker, the cost will skyrocket.

Comment

Has there been a reason given to not adding buildings?
                              No not really. If it wasn't for the fact that nobody woud support me, I'd just start my own version of the mini-game with a more effective supply/demand market and building options.

Course, I'd want to add a variation of the Estate building where you could give commerce to the people for Prestige. The more Prestige you had the higher your rank: Baron, Earl, Count, Duke, etc. Maybe limit the total amount of land you could own to your rank. That way if you wanted to expand your territiries you'd have to work on increasing your prestige so that you could have the ability to buy more land.
                              Last edited by GhengisFarbâ„¢; August 26, 2002, 11:55.

Comment

lol no one can afford them!!

I am trying to make one right now. I estimate it will cost 890$, and that's only if I spead it out. If I try to make it quicker, the cost will skyrocket.
                                What are you making? And that is just for labor? or are you adding in the $ of the Shields?
                                You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Working...
                                X