Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Election Nominations thread (non-party specific)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Election Nominations thread (non-party specific)

I saw the thread calling for DIA nominations for the upcoming election, and thus I went looking for the part of the Constitution that told us when nominations/elections should happen.

It's not there! An earlier amendment thread (about 6 pages back) stated we have elctions from the 12th to the 16th of the month, and a nomination thread needed to be started up by the Prez or VP at least a weeek beforehand. I have no idea whether this was implemented or not, but it seems with the exception of the DIA thread, there has been little thought given to our upcoming elections.

Thus, here we have a thread for nominations. Non party-orientated, but not excluding party members either. Timeline or Ninot: if you guys have a problem with this and want to post your own official thread, let me know and I'll kill this one.

Thus, nominate away. I want to nominate myself for something, either Science, City Planner or Imperial Expansion, but I can't make any of the proposed turnchat times on Sunday and Wednesday. So screw me.

Oh, and Ninot - what happened to the part of the Constitution that dealt with elections? I know there was that controversy in the last election, but we had something before then, so could you please put it in your "second term" government post so we know for future reference? Thanks.
    Last edited by MrWhereItsAt; August 7, 2002, 07:20.
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Nominations for:

President
    MrWhereItsAt

Vice-President
    UnOrthOdOx

Ministers

Minister of Science
    Apocalypse (incumbent)

Minister of Foreign Affairs
    Togas

Minister of the Military
    UberKruX (incumbent)

Minister of the Economy
    Donal Graeme

Board of Territoritial Development and Expansion

Minister of Imperial Expansion
    Jonny
    Will 5001

Minister of Public Works
    skywalker
    carpathia
    WhiteBandit

City Planner
    OPD

Other
    Historian
    Proserpine
    trevman

Can anyone tell me if we are still electing Historians, or are they fully unofficial now?
    Last edited by MrWhereItsAt; August 11, 2002, 15:42.
    Consul.

Comment

I guess I'll run for another term of Minister of Science.
      "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
      "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
      "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
      "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

I will wait to see if i need to run again to announce my candidacy.

Comment

I am having this topped....

MrWIA, have you thought about running for President? You could pick the days turns are played, and we need a good leader or this demogame is screwed.

Comment

I guess I'll run for city planner.
            Are we having fun yet?

Comment

Yes, Mr WIA for pres!!!
              One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Serious, MWIA, go for it. Could be the only way for you to experience turnchats
                "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

You guys think I might make a good President?

Careful - I have a history of being convinced of running for the top job rather easily - as in the Civ2 game.

I am now seriously condiering it, but I may have annoyed a few prominent players here.

And a good leader may emerge...
                  Consul.

Comment

You could just run for Vice President, if you are affraid of annoying someone. You'd still get to have some turnchats.

Comment

Originally posted by jdd2007
                      I will wait to see if i need to run again to announce my candidacy.
                      Jdd will need to run again. The Constitution states that he's elected to "finish the term" of the previous Minister since he's a replacement.

--Togas
                      Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
                      Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
                      Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
                      Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
                        You could just run for Vice President, if you are affraid of annoying someone. You'd still get to have some turnchats.
                        MrWIA afraid? It can't be true. President!!! Go ahead and annoy people! Make waves, Maybe you'll even get impeached!!!
                        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

UnOrthO - Delightful idea.

Maybe I can set a difficult-to-beat record of pissing off half of the Justices in a week. And it would really give you and Tass something to write about. And the annoyance has already been going for a few weeks, I think.

And I will take your previous post as a declaration of candidacy again, jdd, until you tell me otherwise.
                          Consul.

Comment

MWIA for VP!

Piss half of us off? You realize that a non-justice needs to tell the justice to get pissed off, then there is a lengthy procedure to see if the pissed-offitude is legit.

Comment

I would be happy to nominate myself for Historian, but only if the job can be done without attending the turnchats (cos I can't attend those).
                              Diderot was right!
                              Our weapons are backed with UNCLEAR WORDS!
                              Please don't go, the drones need you.

Comment

Working...
                              X