Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Election Nominations thread (non-party specific)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i am -not- running for any position at the moment.

i seriously think Uber should run for president. hey Duddha!

Comment

Originally posted by jdd2007
      i am -not- running for any position at the moment.

i seriously think Uber should run for president. hey Duddha!
      but then hed be in less of a position to complain about the President.

Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

well, he could complain about the inept new SMC

Comment

(whoever that may be)

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
            Ok, if Spiffor ends up running for Economy I'm running for Imperial Expansion.

Originally posted by UberKruX I'll run for SMC if the government gets it act together before elections.

It takes a lot of gall to apply for a position in a government you're in the process of trying to overthrow. If the elections are over before the revolution is decided, will you put yourselves up against the wall

Comment

If I sit here and see another 'if this happens i might run' post, I am going to seriously consider shooting someone. If you want to run, do it!!! Don't dance around the issue any more. Your country needs you, step up and take responsibility or step down and watch.

And sign me up for Vice President.
              One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
              You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                Prosperine - no need to attend the turnchats for Historian. Other Ministers can get away with it too, but it's not recommended, and you need very specific orders for the President if you do this. All you will need to do is keep up with what's happening in the game, read the excellent papers by UnOrthO and Tass, and write a little history every now and again. Shall I put your name in as Historian then?

Epi - I don't think I'd be pissing YOU off (and I hope you rank among those who I haven't)
                Sounds good to me - put me down as "candidate" for Historian - we are a democracy you know.
                Diderot was right!
                Our weapons are backed with UNCLEAR WORDS!
                Please don't go, the drones need you.

Comment

I'll run for... erm, wait, no, nevermind.

Originally posted by UberKruX
                  I'll run for SMC if the government gets it act together before elections.
                  You've already been it twice my friend, your turn is up.

Comment

Trip, you especially should know the limit is 3 terms

Comment

Yeah, I've spent too much time on all those blasted polls about term length and limit and whatnot 2 months ago.

Comment

I renounce my campaign. I am not running for anything next term.
                        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
                          I renounce my campaign. I am not running for anything next term.
                          Thats too bad, seriously. You were excellent at SMC and would be good at most other positions, including President.
                          Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
                          "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

This is not good.

Trip, when can you get back into the game again?
                            "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
                            "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
                            "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
                            "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by GodKing
                              Heck, I'll do something, don't know what yet, but I have trouble with the chats also, so I will have to think about what to run for that I can plan ahead with and not necessarily make the chats......

Any suggestions?
                              GK,

Any you could do, and you are available for some of the chats. IE is a good one, its probably only one or two terms left for it.

Or, Foreign, unsure though, that may be very very involved.

Either way, we need people who can be around and your one of 'em. So go for it, you can probably work out missing chats by making sure someone has specific orders from you.

To all,

Its bad enough were losing Uber, Ninot & Timeline all at once. Not to mention Trip, soon. Hopefully, were not losing Jonny and Sir Ralph too. Spiffor almost decided not to run (I mean, we can't lose our token Frenchman, on top of all this).

Differences aside, we need Ministers. No one who is willing to run should be antagonized to where they decide not too run (unless their really incompetent or something, or its civman, he can't resign three times can he?).

If this list does not expand by Monday, what will we do for those positions with no nominees? The banana can't do all of it.

I would like to mention the thoughts Uber had in the Revolution thread of restructuring the govt, there's something to be said for it. The Code of Laws is not broke, just needs finetuning as the game changes. Maybe the section of Officials needs change, the rest may be ok.

Unless someone else picks up on it, I will start a discussion thread in the near future, when I get the chance.
                              Note: the Law Offices of jdjdjd are temporarily closed.
                              "Next time I say something like 'lets go to Bolivia', lets go to Bolivia"

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
                                This is not good.

Trip, when can you get back into the game again?
                                As involved as I have been? Maybe December, if I'm lucky. Back at all? Maybe in a month or two, I'll have to see though.

I think the idea of having fewer minister positions is a much better way than we have things now. That way, we can reduce the number of fully dedicated ministers to 4. It's hard to find people who will stick around day in and day out for the required amount of time for an entire month, and if we reduce the # of offices that handle decisions, then that would bode well for our empire.

Comment

Working...
                                X