Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Election Nominations thread (non-party specific)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I will be running for the position of Minister of the Economy. I have talked to Spiffor, and has agreed to abdicate in my favor, for which I thank him.

This is a message to Skywalker. I have heard some complaints about you in the past, and Spiffor has expressed grave reservations about your ability to fulfill a leadership role. However, I will be willing to give you a chance as either Minister of Imperial Expansion or Minister of Public Works, preferably the latter. This is a chance for you to show that you can be serious, but also you will be in a position where you can't do any serious harm. As long as Sir Ralph doesn't want IE Minister, and as long as no one who seems eminently more qualified runs, then I will support your run for Minister of Public Works. Please don't waste the chance.

edit: MWIA, when exactly do you plan on having some of you turn chats, what times Greenwhich Standard Time, I mean. I would just like to know. 'Cuz I don't mind weird times as much.
    2nd Minister of the Economy in the 1st Apolytonia Civ 3 Democracy Game.
    Founder and editor of the Berserker Bugle

Comment

i suppose the reforms aren't going to be enacted before elections?

"I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I am afraid not. However, you can vote for people who will enact upon those reforms immediately.
        2nd Minister of the Economy in the 1st Apolytonia Civ 3 Democracy Game.
        Founder and editor of the Berserker Bugle

Comment

The elections are too close to put in any reforms at this time

bug MWIA for next term.
          Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
            i suppose the reforms aren't going to be enacted before elections?

Maybe not, however the reforms could include a clause to dissolve the then current government and hold new elections immediately.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

By the time the clause passes it will probably be time for another election cycle. We move too slow on ammendments.
              "Yay Apoc!!!!!!!" - bipolarbear
              "At least there were some thoughts went into Apocalypse." - Urban Ranger
              "Apocalype was a great game." - DrSpike
              "In Apoc, I had one soldier who lasted through the entire game... was pretty cool. I like apoc for that reason, the soldiers are a bit more 'personal'." - General Ludd

Comment

Originally posted by Apocalypse
                By the time the clause passes it will probably be time for another election cycle. We move too slow on ammendments.
                exactly why the revolution started.
                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Whatever it started, it shook things up.
                  (\__/)
                  (='.'=)
                  (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Yes, Uber. Run for SMC again, we will have this turn to figure out these reforms. Then with it being a new government, that 3 term rule will start over...Right? SMC forever.
                    One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                    You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

it wont be a new government, itll be the same government with some changes to it.
                      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

(I know, I was just trying to convince Uber, thank you...)
                        One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                        You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

SInce Donal Graeme now runs for the Economy, I step back. I don't run for anything.
                          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Jdjdjd - I'm afraid I might not have the time even for PW. I will have a LOT of trouble attending turnchats and even being on the forum that much when school starts. However, I don't think I can beat Jonny for IE. Jonny, is there any chance you could run for PW instead?

Comment

OK, I've thought this through for a day or so. I've come to a decision.

I would like to run for Foreign Affairs Minister.

Here is what I intend to do:
                              I plan to create a "bureau" for Foreign Affairs and likely subcontract the Machiavelli Institute to advise me on Foreign Affairs policy decisions. I'll run this like a real politician does -- delegate and hire expert help.

I plan to recruit a deputy minister or two to assist with TurnChat issues.

My general theme: Keep the citizens involved. I'm going to try my hardest not to make any rushed decisions without first discussing it with the citizenry. That'll hopefully keep people involved in the "fun" aspects of this game. I'd like to employ anyone who's interested in some aspect of this bureau.

I'll write up a platform as necessary later if this goes into a campaign thread.

--Togas
                              Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
                              Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
                              Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
                              Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

I'll go for Imperial Expansion minister again, perhaps I stand a better chance this time!!
                                A citizen of the first Civ 3 democracy game
                                A member of the Apolytonia War Academy

Comment

Working...
                                X