Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Next Scheduled Turnchat/thread

Your next scheduled turnchats are

Wednesday August 14th, 2002 (turnthread, probably to be played sometime later in the evening EST time)

The turnthread will be the last time in term 2 that turns are played. Will post MWIA turnchats/threads schedules as I get them

This turnchat will be held on mIRC like all past and future turnchats

We will be on mIRC at
    server: irc.dal.net
    channel:#civ3dem
    ministersonlychannel:#civ3demMinisters

Here is a helpful guide from Uber on how to get mIRC working for you[list=1][*]go to www.mirc.com and download the client [*]install and run the client [*]when it opens it'll say you should register, ignore it if you see it [*]it'll ask for a full name, an email address, and 2 nicknames [*]i just put krux for the real name and email, and my nicknames are UberKruX and UberKruX- (the second one is just in case someone has your nickname) [*]Your nickname should be SOMETHING like your poly name, if not the exact thing. we need to recognize you [*]in the "IRC Network" Dropdown box, select DALnet [*]under that combo box, theres another one. pick a server close to you, or whatever you want if you cant find one real close. [*]hit "connect to irc server" [*]a lot of text will scroll by, and there might be a few failed connection attempts. let it run for a while. if it fails, choose another server. [*]when it connects a box should pop up, labeled "mIRC Channels Folder". type "#civ3dem" in the box (no quotes) [*]you should be in the chat at this point. [*]if the channels box didnt pop up, you should see a LONG textbox at the bottom of the screen, type "/join #civ3dem" (again, no quotes) and you'll be in. [/list=1]

There will be two announced chat rooms, civ3dem and civ3demMinisters. You may go to both, but unless you are a minister of anykind, you may not actively chat in the Ministers room.

If you don't want to download mIRC, there is a java client you can use.
    • go to www.dal.net
    • on the right, theres a box that says "Chat Now!", and asks for a nickname. Type in something like your apolyton name, and click Go!
    • if your browser asks you to install the java components, approve them and let them install.
    • a box should then pop up, which looks like a chatroom.
    • type "/join #civ3dem" (no quotes) in the line where you would send text (bottom line)
    • you should now be in the chat.
    Last edited by Ninot; August 13, 2002, 01:47.
    Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

um, dont just copy what uber said:
    i just put krux for the real name and email, and my nicknames are UberKruX and UberKruX- (the second one is just in case someone has your nickname)

Comment

Ill fix it later.. but just so ya know.. i copied everything off of what Trip posted in his turnchat thread

Comment

double post. suck me poly server.
        "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
        - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

im not going to be there tomorrow, and im going to bed now.

follow my orders in Trips turnthread. they're fairly general.

Apolyton builds 2 spearmen, Termina builds archers. when we have 6 archers and 2 spear we start marching towards washigton (NW, NW, NW, etc).

I dont think we'll reach that, not to mention the attack itself.
          "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
          - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

no advice for exploration?

Comment

Unfortunately, I doubt I'll be there either. If my savegame is current though (1475 B.C., right?) neither of the workers will be available until 1400 B.C., when the workersouth of Tassagrad is completed.

After that we have two options: move it north of Tassagrad to stack both workers to build a road; or keep the worker south of Tassagrad to build a road there. I guess it depends on on whether we want to mine tiles in the western and southern Apolytonian Plains or improve the terrain around Tassagrad and Banana H.Q.. Personally I am in favor improving Tassagrad and Banana H.Q.

Once the worker below Tassagrad builds the mine, move it north of Tassagrad. When it gets there, build a road with both workers in one turn. Move them both south again on the newest mine and build a road there with both. Swing them noth above Tassagrad again to build a mine.

A little recap:

Move worker south of Tassagrad into Tassagrad.

Move worker in Tassagrad directly north of Tasagrad.

Use both workers (the other worker should have finished cutting jungle now) to build a road.

Move both workers directly south of Tassagrad.

Build road.
              Last edited by GoodFella; July 18, 2002, 12:14.
              If you are unable to read this you are illiterate.

Comment

I'll try to get on for a little at least tommarow.
                If you are unable to read this you are illiterate.

Comment

The official save is now 1450 BC, as we played a turn during the turnthread : http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...threadid=55785
                  Attached Files
                  "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                  "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                  "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Since when did we have a seperate chat room for ministers?

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny
                      Since when did we have a seperate chat room for ministers?
                      A while ago I think.

Comment

I suggest the next turnchat happens Sunday. Many Euros have a life Saturnday night, and it's possible some Americans work on Saturnday afternoon.
                        I think 21:00 GMT (16:00 EST) is a good hour for everyone on the Atlantic on Sunday.
                        "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                        "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                        "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

Is the next one on Sunday? It says 'thursday, july 18th' but that was yesterday.
                          Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

Originally posted by Spiffor
                            it's possible some Americans work on Saturnday afternoon.
                            Yep. Ninot, you should update the next turnchat time right after the previous one ends, so that we can plan our schedules accordingly

Comment

Arrgggh! what am I doing wrong? I save it as a sav.document as civ3demogame1450.sav, yet when I try to load it says "NOT A VALID SAVE FILE", then gives the full file name ending in civ3demogame.sav..sav"

Comment

Working...
                              X