Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Study Poll: Ambassadors

Ambassadors:

These government agents assist the Foreign Affairs Minister by reporting on specific details of individual nations. The Foreign Affairs office is required to have one Ambassador per Foreign Nation, with each Ambassador assigned to one specific foreign country.

Ambassadors make reports on the details of other countries, to be included in the Foreign Affairs Minister report.

Sound good? If so:

How should these be given their position?

Appointed by the Preident, but approval from the Foreign Affairs minister is required

Appointed by the Foreign Affairs Minister, but approval from the President is required

They should be elected into office, just like ministers
    Appointed by the Preident, but approval from the Foreign Affairs Minister is required
    12.24%
    Appointed by the Foreign Affairs Minister, but approval from the President is required
    32.65%
    They should be elected, just like Ministers
    2.04%
    I think the Ambassador idea needs more refining before we accept it
    53.06%

The poll is expired.

Hello,

I think Ambassadors are not needed as the FAM can take care of all the actions regarding Embassies and the distribution of information to the people and the President.

Embassies should be created asap when we have sufficient funds.

Just my 2 cnts.
    So many pedestrians, so little time

Comment

Originally posted by Torkkeli
      Hello,

I think Ambassadors are not needed as the FAM can take care of all the actions regarding Embassies and the distribution of information to the people and the President.

Just my 2 cnts.
      I think so too. I do not see the usefulness of dedicated ambassadors.
      Nym
      "Der Krieg ist die bloße Fortsetzung der Politik mit anderen Mitteln." (Carl von Clausewitz, Vom Kriege)

Comment

Yes, but where will be created the first ? France ? america ? Grece ?

How to decide that ?
        FRANCE.

Comment

Originally posted by Schee

Yes, but where will be created the first ? France ? america ? Grece ?

How to decide that ?
          Well as this time comes when we have discovered writing ( we haven't yet I hope ) we'll have plenty of time to think this.
          (I hope by then we'll be in war with the Americans, so perhaps they are not the first ones)

Maybe this could be a good place to yet another poll

Comment

I think people are misunderstanding the purpose....

True, the FAM job will get much harder down the road, but right now it's already one of the most intensive Ministerial assignments in existence.

Consider Ninot's latest report:

FRANCE
            1:The French still think we are a backwards people
            2:The French military is still bigger than ours
            3: The French look down upon our small culture status (and they might have reason to)
            4:The French fear our Warrior
            5: The French have Warriors

AMERICA
            1: The Yanks think we are a backwards people
            2:The American Army outnumbers ours
            3: The Amercians have better culture than ours (or so they think.. or so we think?)
            4: The Americans fear our Warrior
            5: The Amercians have Warriors

Iroquois
            1:The Iroquois think they are our Scientific equals
            2: The Iroquois military outnumbers ours.
            3:The Iroquois are spitting on our culture
            4: The Iroquois fear our Warriors
            5: The Iroquois have Warriors
            6: Our people are unimpressed by Iroquois culture too.

Dedicated Ambassadors could make up reports similar to these for their assigned country, so Ninot would not have to spend hour(s) doing these kind of detailed reports.

In my opinion, it is not a question of weather we need ambassadors or not, but rather how they should be implemented. Just ask Ninot and he will tell you how hard it is to put together these detailed reports, and it will only get harder.

Comment

Appointed by the Foreign Affairs Minister. I dont think the president should have a say at all.
              For your photo needs:
              http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

Foreign minister should do this, and in case things get to much to handle. He should assign somebody, not ambassadors, but prefferably a steward to take care of some duties. This should be something that the foreign minister would use at his discretion.

Looking at the embassies, I have to admit that they can´t be our Nr.1 priority at the moment. We should though get them up and running as soon as money and time allow, after taking out either the Americans or the French.

Comment

Ambassadors could be the Foreign Ministry equivalent of Military Commanders and Provincial Governors. They would assist the Foreign Minister by doing all of the little work, which would make him more effective.

Comment

Ambassadors would also make a good training ground for future foreign ministers.
                    aka, Unique Unit
                    Wielder of Weapons of Mass Distraction

Comment

That too, same as Provincial Governors for City Planner or PW Minister and Military Commanders for War Minister.

Comment

Why have them appointed/elected/approved at all? Or even have them as an official body? If the Foriegn Minister wants cronies to do his work, then he can get some. No need to add more bureaucracy.

Comment

They get the title because it's fun roleplaying, NOT bureaucracy. They have no part in the decision-making process; they simply provide information.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
                            Ambassadors could be the Foreign Ministry equivalent of Military Commanders and Provincial Governors. They would assist the Foreign Minister by doing all of the little work, which would make him more effective.
                            Yes, something like this, but they need not to be elected or anything, FAM can always ask someone to do the work for him/her as our President pointed...

Comment

I didn't say they needed to be elected. It's better if they aren't, as it gives the people who aren't good at winning elections a chance to gain experience anyway.

Comment

Working...
                              X