Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi ,

later on maybe , ...

most people complain there are to many posts in the government , so first we should show to those people that there is a need for extra aides , ....

have a nice day
    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

i noticed there no "no, no ambassadors at all" choice. great way to get votes for what you want i suppose. i'll try that some day.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

It's just a study poll, not official. I am just trying to get the people's feelings on the matter before I do some work on the constitution.

Calm down

Comment

It would have been more intresting with more options in the poll .
          Abstain should have been in .

Comment

Originally posted by Timeline
            It's just a study poll, not official.
            As this poll isnt official, abstain is useless, if you want to abstain then do not vote at all
            FRANCE.

Comment

Abstain is just for those who lack the self-control to not vote .

Some people just gotta click I guess .....

Comment

Originally posted by Schee

As this poll isnt official, abstain is useless, if you want to abstain then do not vote at all
                no, because when people who arent realyl active / dont really have a firm belief see options, they pick the one closest to their view that isnt there.

leaving the abstain out will yield less abstains.
                "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

There could have been more options .

Comment

Originally posted by Timeline
                    I think people are misunderstanding the purpose....

True, the FAM job will get much harder down the road, but right now it's already one of the most intensive Ministerial assignments in existence.

Consider Ninot's latest report:

FRANCE
                    1:The French still think we are a backwards people
                    2:The French military is still bigger than ours
                    3: The French look down upon our small culture status (and they might have reason to)
                    4:The French fear our Warrior
                    5: The French have Warriors

AMERICA
                    1: The Yanks think we are a backwards people
                    2:The American Army outnumbers ours
                    3: The Amercians have better culture than ours (or so they think.. or so we think?)
                    4: The Americans fear our Warrior
                    5: The Amercians have Warriors

Iroquois
                    1:The Iroquois think they are our Scientific equals
                    2: The Iroquois military outnumbers ours.
                    3:The Iroquois are spitting on our culture
                    4: The Iroquois fear our Warriors
                    5: The Iroquois have Warriors
                    6: Our people are unimpressed by Iroquois culture too.

Dedicated Ambassadors could make up reports similar to these for their assigned country, so Ninot would not have to spend hour(s) doing these kind of detailed reports.
                    Just ask Ninot and he will tell you how hard it is to put together these detailed reports, and it will only get harder.
                    I don't mean to offend Ninot, but how hard can it be to make these reports? Surely it is just a question of loading up the save, going to the relevant screen and waiting for the advisor to scroll through his selection of comments and then writing them down?

A boring job, certainly, but quick and easy.
                    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by FrustratedPoet

A boring job, certainly, but quick and easy.
                      Not when you have 4 nations you gotta do it for. And check for every possible trade for all 4 nations. And still keep up with polls and other reports. And there are more nations on the way...

Not so quick and easy now, is it?

Comment

you don't need all of that information, though, however hard or easy it is to get.

how many of us scrutinize all of that Data for every Civ, every few turns, whenever we play solo?
                        anybody?

this seems like creating work for no reason.

The trade possibilities are very important, but the minute details of each Civ's attitude to us is irrelevant.
                        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I think the attitude and military strength reports are helpful, although I suppose the cultural aspect isn't to important.

Comment

The great edge of te Democracy Game is precisely that no aspect of the game gets forgotten, and all micromanagement (military, cities, foreign, trade etc.) is handled.
                            Knowing everything about everyone will be useless most of the time, but it will be useful onr time or other. When this will be useful, we'll be happy to have all this info gathered.
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

I think that this is probably more trouble than it is worth.

Comment

I agree with Spiffor: we have dozens of players here, and some of them certainly scrutinize every aspect of the game, even on their own. Collectively there are hundreds of man-hours spent on this game per week, and we only play less than a dozen turns per chat! We scrutinize everything (collectively), and the info is necessary, especially since the one in charge of distributing it may miss something vital if they make decisions on which info to look for.

And I ALSO agree with Trip - no need to make this any kind of polled decision or amendment or anything. No more bloody complications! If the Foreign Minister wants an intern or three- sorry, I mean Ambassadors , then he will ask someone to help.
                                Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                                X