Study Poll: Ambassadors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheGreatKaspi
    I think that this is probably more trouble than it is worth.
    hi ,

, not all the way , think what will happen when we are further , ....and if some people start now , they have some experience later on , ...

have a nice day
    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
      And I ALSO agree with Trip - no need to make this any kind of polled decision or amendment or anything.
      !!!

You were saying?

If the Foreign Minister wants an intern or three- sorry, I mean Ambassadors , then he will ask someone to help.
      Should these intern- uh, I mean assistants, be allowed to take over if the Minister is gone?

Like if I sign up a deputy for the IE Ministry, should he be allowed to take over?

Comment

If there are people who are willing to do it, then do it.

But how is it going to be managed? Questions need to be answered, like what is their specific job, what do they do, what happens if a civ is destroyed, where does all this info get put, etc
        be free

Comment

I agree that the Ambassadors should be appointed by the Foreign Minister, they are technically his aids after all. I have a question too. Would the ambassador be responisble espionage? What I mean to say is: If the embassy is used to investigate the capital by the proper authority, is it the Ambassador's job to report what he sees? I know the capital gets investigated at least once when the embassy is initally set up so should the Ambassador report on what's been built, the contentment of the population, where their reasources are, etc.? The Ambassador position would be good to have. Not only would it relieve some of the stress of the Foreign Minister, but it would give more a people a chance to be involved with the game. I for one would be very interested in becoming an ambassador once we discover writing. I guess i just voluntered my services if the FM wants help. Is there anything I should do in the way of contacting the FM?

Comment

If you resign, they don't take over. If you are *temporarily* unavailable, the deputy or senior ambassador takes over.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
              If you resign, they don't take over. If you are *temporarily* unavailable, the deputy or senior ambassador takes over.
              In that case they would no doubt take over while a new Minister is being elected.

Comment

IIRC, the constitution says that the prez appoints someone to take the job until elections are over.

Comment

Trip made that up and it was never voted on.

Comment

So... the constitution was modified after being voted in? Trip says at the start of the "Apolytonian Government" post that it was voted in:

This is the official Apolytonia Code of Laws, ratified by a super majority of over 2/3. It has been voted in, the rules it dictates must be followed.
                    Edit: Correction; the start of the constitution post in the "Apolytonian Government" thread.

Comment

In the event of a resignation or impeachment, I think it is fine that the Prez appoint a temporary replacement until a new election can be called. But, I do think that this person should normally be the VP, unless for some reason (eg too busy) they are unwilling/unable to do the job. My reason for feeling this way is that the VP is there as a backup - not just for the Prez, but for the Ministers also.

No Deputy/Ambassador should instantly be the replacement to any Minister who resign, as they are just glorified clerks - doing a little bit of office work for the Minister (unless the Prez deems them a worthytemp for the job).

Just think of these Deputies/Ambassadors as administrators within the Department concerned - just people who want to help the Minister if that Minister is busy at a time. Would you have a Secretary taking over their boss' job if that boss resigned?
                      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Political cronies

I think that the FM should pick people if the person feels they need the help, but to hold elections and confirmations is too much. At this time in our noble history the jobs of bureaocrats must go to political cronies.
                        If you don't like reality, change it! me
                        "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
                        "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
                        "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Originally posted by Timeline
                          Trip made that up and it was never voted on.
                          Did you read the Constitution when I put it up for a vote.

And I didn't edit anything in the actual content of it after I posted it. I'm not that evil.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
                            In the event of a resignation or impeachment, I think it is fine that the Prez appoint a temporary replacement until a new election can be called. But, I do think that this person should normally be the VP, unless for some reason (eg too busy) they are unwilling/unable to do the job. My reason for feeling this way is that the VP is there as a backup - not just for the Prez, but for the Ministers also.

No Deputy/Ambassador should instantly be the replacement to any Minister who resign, as they are just glorified clerks - doing a little bit of office work for the Minister (unless the Prez deems them a worthytemp for the job).

Just think of these Deputies/Ambassadors as administrators within the Department concerned - just people who want to help the Minister if that Minister is busy at a time. Would you have a Secretary taking over their boss' job if that boss resigned?
                            hi ,

, maybe we should talk about that in depth a bit more , maybe even get a poll or two , ....

Mr. President , what ya say , ....

and no people , Trip aint evil at all

have a nice day
                            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                            X