War Academy: Strategies for Case Pink

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GodKing
    If we attack one of the settler stacks before we are in positon. We get 2 slaves. Then we wait on a mountain top. When they send their offensive forces against us - we jump on them.
    This logic is flawed. It should be: If we attack one of the settler stacks and win, we get 2 workers.... And the odds to win are less than to lose a scouting warrior, one of the 2 we have.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir Ralph

This logic is flawed. It should be: If we attack one of the settler stacks and win, we get 2 workers.... And the odds to win are less than to lose a scouting warrior, one of the 2 we have.
      exactly. and even if we DO win, and DO get 2 slaves and a veteran warrior that takes no damage (best case scenario, not likely), the French will prepare for a war before we do.

not good.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

What if one of out Archers finds a settler stack?

Comment

My proposed approach is:

1) We should capture the French capital...

2) Yes, the archers should scout, but carefully...

3) We should attack Paris first...

4) We declare war, before we cross their borders...
          I agree with 1, 2 and 4 (mostly). 3 is good too, but we may be able to take 2 cities.

The city they should be about to build will be closer to us than Paris. By the time the attack forces are together and near the French it may well be size 2 or 3 ::yum::

If this is the case, it could be captured first then move on to Paris. Except...

It all depends. It is premature to decide such specific manoeuvres. Not too soon to discuss the possibilities though.
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

skywalker,

It could be disastrous to start the war with France at any point prior to our stack being in position to attack a city in 2 turns (ie right outside the border). Going after any wandering settlers prior to our declaring war to take cities would be a mistake.

Once war starts, then by all means we should add more slaves to our ranks.
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Uber has a very good point about seeing the horses before we end the war with France. We will need fast troops given that our empire will be very spread out.

Perhaps we can buy the Wheel very soon.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)

Comment

If we see any settler stacks, though, we should separate an archer from the main group to follow it. We don't want any of them escaping and reestablishing themselves far away from us.

Comment

Hmm, let them 'escape' for now. Remember the objective is to vassalize, not destroy at this point. Let them go and build us a new city for later.
                  One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                  You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Originally posted by UnOrthOdOx
                    Hmm, let them 'escape' for now. Remember the objective is to vassalize, not destroy at this point. Let them go and build us a new city for later.
                    i'd rather have 2 slave workers than an AI city far from our capital...

thats just me
                    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Can we truly afford to seperate forces from our stack, however? I don't think so, but depends on the situation at the time.

As long as doing so does not deter from primary objectives, yeah, two more slaves would be nice. But we must remain focused on the goal.
                      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
                      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

Once Paris goes and the French capitol bounces, any new French cities would most likely go in our new area. Unless, of course there is no decent terrain there.

To keep France useful for tech may well be worth passing up an opportunity for 2 slaves. Cheaper tech may well prove to be more valuable than a couple of slaves, especially because our own workers are so good.

Any dilution of our main force could have very bad consequences. It would be a h*ll of a note to fall short of taking a 2nd or 3rd French city because we come up 1 archer short (he's off chasing settlers, or worse, he dies trying).

Given the forces we will have. We should secure all city objectives (Paris plus 1 or 2 more) before any other missions are undertaken. After we have the ground we are going for, then we might do some worker chasing while waiting to Joan to come around to surrender.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

Kingof The Apes your right. It is best to get everything you can out of the AI and that means making peace and declaring war a few times.
                          For your photo needs:
                          http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

The city will be autorazed, I fear.
                            Aye. Some times a city is just destroyed by the fighting and there's no choice to be made.

In case somebody hasn't figured out how this works, I'll provide a brief explanation:
                            When you capture a city, it will often lose some infrastructure and the population will decrease. This simulates the damage done to the city during the final battle, plus the fact that some people would be killed or injured while others would run away and not come back.

When you do this to a size 1 city, it will disappear from right under your nose.

The city is completely destroyed in the fighting and you're left with nothing but the ground it stood on.
                            "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
                            -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX

i'd rather have 2 slave workers than an AI city far from our capital...

thats just me
                              A palace jump may make the city not so far from the capital...
                              "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
                              -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

We should keep all but one, maybe two, cities to extract the maximum war reparations.
                                Est-ce que tu as vu une baleine avec un queue taché?
                                If you don't feel the slightist bit joyful seeing the Iraqis dancing in the street, then you are lost to the radical left. If you don't feel the slightest bit bad that we had to use force to do this, then you are lost to the radical right.

Comment

Working...
                                X