No announcement yet.

United Front Coalition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This could lead to lasting damage, perhaps.
    Solution: Change the name.
    United Front Coalition - the last two words have military connotations, no doubt discouraging some people.

Mayb: Progressive League

?

A nice, harmless-sounding name
    ...but underneath the name is the true definition of "Progressive" - one landmass, one nation

Or:
    Continental Union - take it literally
    United Free Apolytonia - to conquer the world
    Last edited by Andreiguy; June 26, 2002, 23:40.

Comment

I think the name is fine. It has changed enough. Personally I like Popular Front more.
      Duddha: I will return...
      Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
      "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
      Free California!

Comment

i like popular front, its an all-around nice-sounding name

Comment

There's been more talk about seizing power for your party than there has what you're going to do with it when(if) you get it.

And Skywalker has damaged your cause.

Comment

...see what I mean...UFC is not the party of choice right now...

Comment

right now skywalker only needs 3 more votes to win imperial expansion for us! we need every vote we can get.

Comment

Everyone be sure to vote against a code of ethics as well.
                If you are unable to read this you are illiterate.

Comment

Yeah, i just have a very honest and legitimate question for the party.

Why are you still behind Skywalker?
                  Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

personally, i forgive him for being a jerk at the chatroom. this is the only negative thing i have heard about him, so i dont understand when u say "still" as if he has down many bad things, has awful views and has sucked as a player, citizen or minister...

that is my honest and legitimate answer.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
                      So that I hold to all of the ideals of a voting bloc , I would like for the members of the UFC to tell me what they would like my platform to be (regarding my candidacy for Imperial Expansion Minister).
                      I was more bothered by this than anything i have heard about turnchat's. We need ministers who can think for themselves in the first instance. THen they can look at counter arguments and see if they need to change their stance.

Comment

Wait... first you complain that I loudly proclaim my views, then you say I should think for myself... isn't there a contradiction here?

Comment

QUOTE]Wait... first you complain that I loudly proclaim my views, then you say I should think for myself... isn't there a contradiction here?[/QUOTE]

Not at all. I said think for yourself in the first instance, then look at counter arguments to see if your position is correct.

With regards to the turnchat, i wasn't there, but the impression i got from other comments was that you stated your position (attacking a worker), it was disagreed with by (pretty much) everyone there, and you continued to spam very vocally, ignoring the weight of opinion against you. I'll say again at this point, i wasn't there, so if this is wrong i apologise, but it was the impression i got.

with regards to the election, my problem was coming to your party and asking what your platform should be. That said to me you were prepared to say whatever you were told in order to secure the votes of your party. There is a difference between modifying your position in the light of new information, or weight of opinion against it, and asking for your opinion to be given to you.

But then, that's only my opinion, and what do i know

One final point. This is not meant as a personal attack, and i hope it's not taken as such. I merely think your style might not be suited to a ministerial post (but again, what do i know )

Comment

i believe that we shouldn't judge a person (skywalker) because of one occurence.

We're all stupid sometimes...

Comment

Guys, I just checked the ethics poll. 25 against 24 voting FOR ethics, meaning we will get a ethics thing.
                              Please send an e-mail to al the party members, to make sure they vote on this poll, and other important polls

Comment

I voted yes, but I won't ask you guys to since you're more "political warriors" than warriors at heart.

Comment

Working...
                                X