The Senate. 1st Session

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

As I stated in the other thread about the subject:

Doing what I did here was really choosing the lesser of two evils.

An early settler like that loses its advantage every turn it wanders, and these guys are not supposed to be explorer units. You gotta drop it as soon as you can. Once I saw that river, alongside a coast, with a mountain nereby that may be our only hope at finding Iron.....I gambled it would be our best bet for awhile. Besides, even looking back, I am not sure 9 turns of walking east to form a city in hostile land would have been a good idea.

I did what I thought was best, and I know most of you understand that. I wouldn't criticize anyone if they were caught in that dilemma.

-Timeline

Comment

Originally posted by Timeline

Funny, a member of my own party is attacking me and the member of the oppisition is supporting me.

How funny some things can be
      hi ,

that's what politics is all about , .......

you made a choice , and under the circumstances you had not much of a choice , ....

if anyone else can do better , let them do it , ....

maybe they can twist their fingers , and *bang* the jungle is gone , ....

dont worry , there where no other options for now , ...

panag > offers banana , .....

have a nice day
      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

It wasn't Timeline's fault.

Comment

Originally posted by skywalker
          It wasn't Timeline's fault.
          hi ,

its just a small act of the gods , ....

we could have done maybe one or two things differently , but , what is there to do about it , we are to small now , ......

but that shall change , ...

have a nice day
          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

A question for our leaders

I see that it appears as if our research is set to 90% and that we are spending 36 turns at that rate to discover Iron Working.

Is this so?

And if so, how many commerce per turn are going into research?

Trip? civman? Anybody?
            (\__/)
            (='.'=)
            (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

No, 10% is into science, 90 into money, you've got it backward

Comment

That would be great. I'm at work and I've been sick.

But why then 0gpt income, or is it 2?

I guess we're still paying the French. Darn, I hate those deals for gpt.

Thanks for the prompt reply BTW.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

we would be making a little gpt, but we changed the city tyle focus for more production

but your friendly neighborhood foreign advisor got us some lump sum money to use, so no worries
                  Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

I saw. The trade to get Pottery and some gold was most fortunate.

It seems as if Trip has a knack for discovery and you wasted no time with the opportunity. Excellent.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)

Comment

Trip AND Uber... Uber did give the directions after all.
                      Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Thank you for the correction.
                        (\__/)
                        (='.'=)

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                          Trip AND Uber... Uber did give the directions after all.
                          Or... Vlad...

[shameless plug]Actually, I was the one that suggested we go along the mountain chain, while Uber wanted to follow the coast. [/shameless plug]

Comment

While we made 3 gpt 3 turns ago, we now make zero gpt because :
                            Our labourers in Apolyton don't work on the whales tile, but on the mined grassland tile : +1 shield, -1 commerce
                            We pay the upkeep of the barracks, -1 gpt
                            Our labourers in BHQ now work on the cleared jungle tile, +1 food, -1 commerce
                            "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
                            "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
                            "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

We cleared the Jungle tile? I need to stop missing the turnchats.

Comment

timeline made a decision based on the information at hand, an assumption and the future of our people. i commend him for his decision, however it now appears that it was a bad call.
                                I am uninformed therefore i only add randomness to the vote.

Comment

Working...
                                X