No announcement yet.

The ministry of Trade thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spiffor, I'm glad you've changed your mind and are not going to play ahead anymore. I know you were only doing so with the best of intentions but I think we can all agree that playing ahead can be avoided. Especially if we implement allowing trades between turnchats (which has a great deal of support at the moment in the discussion thread but no official poll results).
    Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
    Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
    Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
    Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

maybe i should play ahead to see if there are any units in the way of my troop movements, to save time.
      There are huge differences, including

a) he doesn't press end turn
      b) what he does, doesn't have to be undone. he finds the lowest price for something, buys it, then sees trading after. he doesn't ever go back. then he posts his suggestion.

----

thinking about it, I don't think there is any military equivalent really. The information he is getting, prices that people will pay for things, should already be known, but it isn't because the game designers didn't think of it.

----

(another edit) How about this-- The values for goods with certain civs comes from specific formulas. If we can redevelop these formulas, we wont have to trade anything to know how much anything will be worth to anyone. The problem with this would be estimation of the value of maps. It's probably related to surface area, and the newness of the information, in relation to them.. distance from capitals, shores, actual terrain in question.. (insert scream here). But predicting the value for techs, pacts, etc should be a simple formula.
      Last edited by Epistax; July 17, 2002, 15:50.

Comment

Spiffor, can you do mapmaking trade and then repost the save so this will be done by next tunchat(tomorrow).
        Hopefully we can do it on this forum one step at a time and by turnchat we will all be able to see new and interesting land. I guess you would have to ask the ninot and trip to let you do this, but it is a reasonable thing to do.
        Aggie
        The 5th President, 2nd SMC and 8th VP in the Civ3 Demogame. Also proud member of the GOW team in the PTW game. Peace through superior firepower.

Comment

Aggie : sorry, but I have no decision power in trading MapMaking. Such a decision has to be met by the Foreign minister (Sn00py) after he consulted the Science minister (civman2000) and myself. He can also consult other people, or even create a poll.
          That's why I won't post a save where I traded mapmaking. Doing so was a mistake, and I can't guarantee we'll trade MapMaking now.
          Edit : but, if Sn00py wants to trade MapMaking, he can say this in the turnthread : any orders we'd like to give in 1450BC can be given there. The prez will follow them.
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

well, my election closes in about 20 minutes now . Asap i'll examine our situation and post a thread with info and stuff.

Comment

Working...
            X