Election: President

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Trip.

I agree to putting infrastructure in front of the military. If we build too much military at the expense of infrastructure, then before too long we'll be stuck with a bunch of outdated units which we do not have the infrastructure to support properly, and which also can not be upgraded because we have neither the technology nor the wealth required to do so...

That said, I also believe in a strong military. However, I believe that if we have the infrastructure, we can always build the units when they're needed. So, in the early stages of the game, we need a few military units to explore and expand our territory and a few more to guard our infrastructure. Major task forces capable of conducting large scale offensive operations comes later on. (When we have the infrastructure to support them.)
    "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
    -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

Bah! Build Legions. Take infrastructure from our screaming victims!
      (\__/)
      (='.'=)
      (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

Originally posted by notyoueither
        Bah! Build Legions. Take infrastructure from our screaming victims!
        Not good enough.

First of all, they're not as good at building infrastructure as we should be.
        Second, much of their infrastructure would be destroyed by the fighting.

We'd risk being left with a whole lot of rubble and very little else, which is not a good way to build a strong empire.
        "Politics is to say you are going to do one thing while you're actually planning to do someting else - and then you do neither."
        -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

Guardian: good points. Are you running for President?
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Guardian
            Trip.

I agree to putting infrastructure in front of the military. If we build too much military at the expense of infrastructure, then before too long we'll be stuck with a bunch of outdated units which we do not have the infrastructure to support properly, and which also can not be upgraded because we have neither the technology nor the wealth required to do so...

That said, I also believe in a strong military. However, I believe that if we have the infrastructure, we can always build the units when they're needed. So, in the early stages of the game, we need a few military units to explore and expand our territory and a few more to guard our infrastructure. Major task forces capable of conducting large scale offensive operations comes later on. (When we have the infrastructure to support them.)
            Very similar to my views.
            I have to admit I like war, but I'm not going to drive the country into the ground to suck the life out of the Germans one more time.

Comment

Only two candidates. (are they both corrupt?)
              hmmm... What kind of democracy is this? French?

No, we need a revolution right now!
              (and its gonna be alright)
              My words are backed with hard coconuts.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm
                Guardian: good points. Are you running for President?

Perhaps later.

For now I'll support Trip.
                -- Saddam Hussein

Comment

Working...
                X